“Poor excuse for a remodeloop” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Murfreesboro
Kansas City, Kansas
“Poor excuse for a remodeloop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here on May 29, 2012
Booked through hotwire and after reading reviews decided it couldn't be that bad, but it is!
Bathroom was filthy. Bathtub had no decals or nonslip mat, was the slickest tub ever also no hot water.
Room was tiny with two queen beds and a desk chair blocked bathroom door
The beds were comfortable but could not sleep because of super loud air conditioner
On a last note breakfast was good, buffet style with sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy
I would not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone

Room Tip: They have suites but did not see them. May be a better choice We paid $35.00 + tax and that was too...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We paid $74, which was not bad. Room was fine. Indoor pool was nice. Hot Breakfast was really cold. Hot water for oatmeal was cold. They had to throw out a lot of meat sausage because it had gone cold. I would not eat breakfast there after that. The other negative was the noisy AC. And the hallways would sometimes be full of hot air. Our door would not lock when we closed it and the bath tub did not drain properly. So the place needs some maintenance updating. Nonetheless staff was nice and responsive about our door issue. I probably will not stay there again if I have a choice.

• Stayed May 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Everything else was booked...hotel could use some updating....fair price compared to surrounding facilities...bathroom had hairs, one of my pet peeves....airconditioning unit didn't work very well...not the worst place we've stayed, but not the best either.

• Stayed May 2012
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Clarion is th Best Place to stay in 2012 the beds are great , the breakfast staff ths mornng as wonderful and she was so happy , the front desk great people. Excited to stay and will continue to stay. Keep of the great work. This is one place the is great for your sports team or social gathering . Again I can not say enough about the staff and the changes that are being made. Keep supporting the Clarion , good hotels and staff are hard to find.

Sheba Anderson
Cleveland TN

Room Tip: I stayed above pool on inside, 2nd floor and it was great and located close to everything
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rolling Prairie, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Best sleep I got all trip. Employees were fantastic! Allowed my dog and the room was very clean. Pool was super warm and the hotel is by great stores and food places. Hot breakfest was great as well. Plenty of food to choose from. Overall, it was very good and I expect to come back next time I travel this direction(:

Room Tip: Good value!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
jengo12
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this reviews as I lay in the bed at the clarion and can hardly wait to leave. I have never written a review on trip advisor because I do not feel the need to repeat other but in this case I want to warn everyone how disgusting this hotel is. Words can not explain, mold on wall, blood on bedding, ashes everywhere, hair on floor in bathroom, sink won't drain, unidentifiable splatters on door jam in bathroom. Need I say more...ohh but they did offer to clean a supposedly already cleaned room at 9 at night with 2 children waiting to go to bed. NO offering of a different room. I would have left but there were no other hotel rooms for miles.

• Stayed March 2012
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Since this posting you and I have spoken and shared a few emails. First, thank you for reaching out to me and sharing your concerns. Yes, the area was completely sold out that weekend, and if we had another room available, we would have gladly moved you.

Mainly, I want to apologize to you and your family for our cleanliness shortfall. The room you were given should never have been available to reserve, as it had been a long-term stay guest, from a smoking room and was over-due for a deep cleaning and preventative maintenance program check. We dropped the ball here, but from your review and our conversation, you have enabled us to re-work our operation to avoid this kind of issue for future guests.

Thank you.

Chuck Smart, Director of Sales & Marketing - Clarion Murfreesboro
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My famaily stayed here in mid January for 1 night. We were traveling with our dog, so we needed to find a pet friendly hotel. The hotel is an older hotel, but has updated rooms. We were concerned when they put us in one of the " pet " rooms, but the room turned out to be clean. The AAA price we paid was reasonable. If traveling with a pet, this is a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion – Murfreesboro.

We pride ourselves on being very “pet friendly.” In fact, all our Managers are pet owners and we think this comes through in how we want to be able to travel with our pets and how we plan for, accommodate, and treat our pet owner guests.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments and remarks.

Chuck Smart, Director of Sales & Marketing - Clarion Murfreesboro

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Address: 2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Murfreesboro
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 Business Hotel in Murfreesboro
Hotel Class:3 star — Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro 3*
Recently renovated during Summer of 2010. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro Hotel Murfreesboro
Clarion Inn And Suites Murfreesboro
Clarion Hotel Murfreesboro
Holiday Inn Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.