“Unsatisfacory Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2227 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129 (Formerly Holiday Inn Murfreesboro)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Peoria
“Unsatisfacory Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I checked into this hotel for I had reserved a suite room which was suppose to be a king room. I was informed that this hotel did not have any suite rooms and the General Manager told me that if I did not like my room that I could check out and go somewhere else. He was very rude about the whole situation. He said that perhaps Motel 6 could accommodate my stay since I was looking for a reason to complain. I was/am in shock of the treatment that he gave me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Georgetown, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I had reservations for October 7th and 8th, 2011 with my teenage daughter who was participating in a Nike AAU sponsored basketball tournament. We arrived late around 10p.m.This is clearly not a family friendly hotel. It was very apparent upon arriving that this was a very old facility. The hotel has a bar adjoining it. You access the lobby by a common entrance to the bar. The night we arrived, there were 4-5 men standing around in the common entrance to the hotel and the bar. There was also a gentleman who appeared to be a bouncer. Clearly not a good environment for a mother and daughter traveling alone. Desk clerk was friendly and courteous. We were told our room was accessed around the side of the building. On using the access card to enter the building, the door didn't close after we entered. Anyone could have entered the hotel without an access card. The room was horrible. There were small black specks of some sort of debris embedded in my bedspread. My daughter's bed spread had a crusty spot of what appeared to be dried food on it. The desk had a sticky substance on it , the curtains had holes in them, there was dust accumulated along the tops of the curtains and all along the baseboard. There was mold all along the caulking in the bathroom surrounding the tub, commode and sink. The upholstery was dirty and frayed I asked the clerk if we could see another room, she gave me a key to a room down the hall. We opened the door and the musty smell was overwhelming. The rave reviews this hotel has been getting are highly suspect in my opinion. I would never recommend this hotel. It's not safe or clean!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

Nice for a Clarion. A little difficult to get into the parking lot because of the intersection. Staff very friendly. Nice atrium area for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

Room was clean and nice, everything worked ok. Pool was cloudy and in need of maintenance. Hot tub temperature was lukewarm and when we asked staff about it, they didn't seem to know what to do. Was also given conflicting information about pool hours.
Breakfast offering was pretty good wth spacious eating/seating room. Fresh brewed iced tea was available along with coffee, hot food (bacon, sausage links and scrambled eggs when we were there). Overall not a bad hotel (aside from the pool area), pretty reasonable for the price.

• Stayed August 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel and the manager was so rude to me. I have never been treated so badly by anyone ever like this before. His face would probably crack if he smiled. I will never stay at this hotel again!
The front desk staff was surprisingly very pleasant. The manager needs to take some pointers from them!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

After reading great reviews on this hotel while driving down the road i decided to book a room. When i called the hotel I was instructed to call a 800 # as i was told they did not take direct reservations, I wasn't even given a chance to ask some questions... So much for gettin answers from the source.

So i disregarded this and called the 800# where i dealt with a person who could barely speak english. They took my
reservation but couldnt answer most of my questions.

When I arrived at the hotel I noticed the property was in a shabby area but still held onto my trust in the other reviewers. I was very gullible however, the staff was very unprofessional while checking me in. It took 10 minutes to check me in while they made me wait so the person leaving could "get off in time to go see their friend for drinks".

I may be picky, but i felt like that could have waited till I was checked in. The dissatisfaction continued. My room hadn't even been cleaned. I asked for a different room but they told me they would clean it and couldnt move me. When i asked why they just kept telling me how long it would be untill the room was clean. Not even an apology.

When i finally was able to return to my room i spotted a red stain on the floor that was from a piece of pizza that was laying on the floor on my initial entry. I was so angered that i was expected to accept this for $80 per night.

At this point i picked up my cell phone to seek out another place to stay. Unfortunately anything reasonable in town was booked or way to expensive. So i was stuck.

I decided I would stay but relocate for my second night. There were young kids running all over the hotel hooping and hollering and worst of all the thumping bass from the bar/ restaurant kept my family up all night.

Then at 7am the trash truck showed up to disturb what sleep we had gotten.

All in all the stay was awful. The hotel obviously doesn't go out of their way to make a stay enjoyable at all. I may have high expectations, but I'd like to think a hotel with such good reviews wouldn't miss on so many things that can ruin a guests stay.

Needless to say, i found a comparably priced room nearby that had good customer service and clean rooms. Im pretty sure after my experience though, that anything would have seemed better.

Next time i am cooming to town I will be certain to read all the reviews on a property and not just the brand new ones. Had i read all of Clarion's I wouldnt have stayed here. Lesson learned...

Room Tip: Make sure your room is clean...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OKC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Had a few issues with this hotel. First room they put us in was an outside room. Once we got in it, we decided we didn't care for it, so called down to the desk and ask them if they could move us. They said that all King beds were outside corridors. We said we would take 2 double beds just to be in the inside corridor.

We then went to the desk and they moved us to an inside corridor. Got the key and went up to our room. It was the perfect location because there was a kids tennis tournament and there were lots of mid high kids there. So it was a more quiet area so we thought, but is was away from the pool where all the kids were swimming.

Opened our door and low and behold there was people's stuff in the room! Boy does that make you feel funny!. So went back down to the desk and told them and they said "really", then gave us another key next to the other one. Well guess what.....someone's stuff in that room TOO!! OMG! Called the desk and they said "are you serious....I'll be right there". After about 5 or 10 mins, they came up and brought us another key and we said "are you sure this one is OK? She said yes I checked it first. " Never did they say I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

So we're finally in OUR room and everything is fine....until we try to go to sleep. Well at that end of the hotel there is a nightclub in the hotel. All we could hear was a constant thumping noise from the music. Then to make matters worse, the room next to us, their door was really creaky and loud when opened and the people staying in it, were with the tennis group so it was kids and they were CONSTANTLY opening and shutting the door! All it needed was some WD40. So the next day we told the maintenance man. Well it never got done while we were there. So needless to say...with the thumping AND the door noise, we didn't get much sleep!

The next morning we went down to eat breakfast about 9am (they only service it til 9:30 on weekends which I think is early for a weekend) and everything was gone and a mess!!

My daughter lives in Murfreesboro so we have stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites on several occasions but this time it was really expensive and the Clarion did give us a really good rate. They did take $25 off our bill they said for the noise we complained about but nothing was ever said about the two wrong rooms!

Next time...I'll pay a little more and stay at Comfort Inn or Hampton.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel or their website.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro? Share your experiences!