“Great for interview stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 25%
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Scranton
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Great for interview stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Stayed for 1 night before an interview. Got in after midnight, staff was friendly and helpful when I couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on in the morning! Nice room, nice hotel. Walking distance to many things in Scranton, which was appreciated due to the lack of parking in other areas of the city. especially liked the voucher for food when I needed an early cup of coffee the next morning :) Wish I had more time to spend, but it was a late night and an early morning the next day.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

First of all, there are two reasons to go to Scranton: The University of Scranton and...ok maybe only one reason.

I pulled up to the entrance, there were three bellmen standing outside. It was cold, I'll give them that. I zipped my passenger window down, one approached, sort of, "you checking in?" Yes, I said. "Need help with luggage"? No, I said. A look of sheer disappointment. "you wanna park yourself or valet"? Valet please (as the sign at the entrance said 'lot full'). "Wait, I'll have to get a ticket". Oh boy I said to myself, this is gonna be interesting. Finally, he came out with a ticket. I went in to the lobby? No it's a restaurant. No it's the lobby, no it's a restaurant. Oh there's the check in area. It was a space as big as a small kitchen perhaps. I checked in, no drama. Luck would have it that I was the only one in that area, because later I saw a group of about six trying to check in. It was like Bugs Bunny at the movies. "Excuse me, pardon me, pardon me, excuse me, pardon me..."

Up to the 'newly million dollar renovated rooms'! Ah yeh, I think that means let's chop the rooms down as small as possible so we can squeeze more guests in. Only one of two elevators weremworking, and the whole place smelled like someone threw up, and they tried to cover it up with some cherry or strawberry scent like that of a New York City cab trying to cover up last night's falafal.

Dinner time. Oh the restaurant is closed on Sunday. Good times. I'll eat in the 'Trax bar'. Or not, in that it was about 60 degrees in there and the fan was blowing cold air throughout. Was that supposed to make me feel like I was on a train ride and the wind was whipping through my hair as we steamed down the track? Back to the room. Room service please. I had a bacon cheese burger, not bad and still warm, nice surprise.

Apparently, Lackawanna County rolls up the sidewalks on Sundays at 6PM. Not much to do. I'll go to the pool, oh no I won't there is none, and of course no hot tub. I'll watch a movie then. Only if it's on HBO that is, because there are no other choices.

Ahh morning, I'll get one of those $2.00 cups of Starbucks coffees that they advertise thoughout the hotel (actually it's $2.12 with tax (BYOC) The 'C' is for change). I'll have a large please. Oh, only one size, ok, here's a twenty. You don't have any change? I'll wait sure, because I gave you a twenty and that would be a huge tip and frankly you look like I do when I have to go to the dentist, not happy.

Because of the train station motif, children may have a lot of fun, ya know, looking at the atrium of which used to be a train station. Okay, now what?

There's a Hilton about two blocks away. I went there. There's a pool and a hot tub. There's two restaurants, and the staff said hi to me when I went inside. Greener grass.

"All aboard"! Oh I have to go now, thank God my train is leaving this station.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
East Meadow, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Room was fair but very plain, very thin walls could hear everything in the next room,false fire alarm went off had to evacuate hotel at 1am, poor parking. By far worst hotel ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
radissonscranton, Manager at Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Dear Johnvalis,
Thank you for your feedback. First of all, I am sorry for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced during your stay. For the safety of all guests the Fire code of the hotel and The Fire Department want everyone in the building to evacuate until the Fire Chief confirms it is safe for all to get back inside the hotel. Again I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to allow you to experience the luxurious treatment that you deserve upon your next visit.
Best Regards,
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

The old train station has been beautifully restored. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. Dinner in the Trak Room and breakfast in the Carmine dining room were excellent. We are within walking distance of the Steamtrain National Park. This is a perfect setting for a family reunion. What a bargain for $99. Highly recommend this friendly and pleasant setting.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Alice+Angus,
Thank you very much. We greatly appreciate the high compliments. We hope to see you on your next trip to Scranton!
Best Regards,
Union City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I visit Scranton quite often and my usual hotel was booked so I took a room at the Radisson. Many of my relatives told me they heard the hotel was disgusting but I did not listen. I wanted a name I knew and I thought they must be wrong. I regret it. The hotel was disgusting. Our sheets had stains on them, the room and the hallways smelled musty. I was told we would get king size bed but we got a double. The bathroom needs to be updated. There was not even an exhaust fan. The shower was covered in yellow stains. I do believe they cleaned the bathroom but the shower was just old and worn out. The lobby is beautiful but the rest of the hotel needs to be addressed.

My room was also across the street from a college bar so we were up all night. the music was very loud. They shoudl of told us when we booked where the room was located.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan1163,
I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. We understand you have a choice when traveling and we are disappointed to hear that you felt your stay was less than perfect. We, the management team of the hotel absolutely appreciate your input, and have gone through your review point by point to see what we can do differently. We only wish you had mentioned any of these issues while you were here when we could have endeavored to make things better for you. We have also addressed the loud music with the management of the bar across the street. We truly do strive every day to make each guest feel welcome, pampered and appreciated. Again, thank you for your honest feedback. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel again in the future.
Wales UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed just one night in this hotel but will definitely stay there again.
Huge guest rooms with 2 super comfy beds.Both beds have the option to adjust the softness/firmness levels of each side of the bed...Heaven
This hotel has lots of charm and character.It should definitely be one on your list of visits.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dear Janeinwales,
Thank you very much for the kind words. I am so pleased that you had a positive experience with us. See you on your next trip to Scranton!
Kind regards,
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We really enjoyed our two-night stay at the Radisson Lackawanna hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We were very impressed by the elegant lobby and the idea that it was part of the former train station. It was a nice touch to have a passenger bench from the days of the train station in front of the elevator on our floor. My son enjoyed watching some trains go by during the day. The view from our room was beautiful. The room was quiet. We slept very well on the Sleep Number beds. The hotel is in a very central location, close to the Mall at Steamtown and the Steamtown National Historic Site where we took a steam train ride. Room service was fast and nicely presented. We liked seeing the hotel in use for a party complete with piano player. The WiFi connection worked well. We are looking forward to returning on our next trip to Scranton!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton? Share your experiences!