“Beautiful hotel, not the best experience” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 25%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful hotel, not the best experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

This hotel was recommended to me by a co-worker who has stayed there when visiting her son who is a student at next-door University of Scranton. It is very convenient to the University, as well as to I-81, but I don't know that I would stay here again.

My first problem came with the valet parking. I arrived at about 7 p.m. in heavy rain. After circling the parking area twice, I found a place where I could park, although I could tell it was not a real spot. I just wanted to go inside, check in and find out if there was an off-site parking area. The valet, who I had not seen before, very rudely informed me that I could not park there. The valet has no signs, but they are located right in front of the main doors.

Once inside, the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient.

The hotel is beautiful with old architecture and marble floors. However, one of the problems is that it is still designed like an old train station. The doors to the rooms open to a hallway that overlooks the lobby.

The main restaurant is in the lobby, and there is a lot of noise that comes from down there. Also, the smell from the restaurant drifts into the room (and I was on the fourth floor). It's not a bad smell, but it was not great when trying to fall asleep.

Also, the street was just outside my window, and it was very noisy all night. I would suggest getting a room on the "back" of the hotel, if possible. I imagine it would be more quiet.

The main restaurant is very expensive, but it looked good. I ate at the bar/grill, which had above average food and good service.

In all, I would probably look elsewhere to stay, but it was not a horrible experience.

• Liked — Beautiful lobby
  • Disliked — Noise in room
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)

Been to Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton

Address: 700 Lackawanna Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Scranton
#7 Business Hotel in Scranton
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton 3.5*
Beautifully restored former D.L.& W rail station. Designed by Kenneth Murchison and dedicated by President Truesdale in 1908, this neo-classical French Renaissance structure is the gem of Scranton boasting 146 renovated guest rooms along with Carmen's Restaurant, Trax Bar & Grille, Platform Lounge, and elegantly appointed modern Banquet and Event space. We also offer freshly brewed Starbucks coffee along with 10 wines by-the-glass, specialty Italian desserts, and pastries in our Station Cafe located in the Grand Lobby. Our distinctively professional and qualified staff proudly offer a 24-hour Fitness Center, 24-hour Business Center, 24-Hour Security, Free in-room high speed wireless, complimentary airport shuttle to/from Scranton/Wilkes Barre International Airport, and in-house massage therapist services. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Scranton
Scranton Radisson

If you own or manage Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel Scranton, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.