“Italian Burger King” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups
Archbald, Pennsylvania, United States
“Italian Burger King”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Have been here twice and only because my daughter was enticed by their commercials.Why anyone would dine there on a regular basis is beyond me,within 10 miles of this place there are fabulous Italian Restaraunts..Rossi's ,Samario's,Villa Maria's,la trattoria,Colaruso's,Pietro's,Amadeo's,Fratelli's,Ben-Mar,Frank's place in Simpson,Basilico's,Bistocchi's,Sibio's the list goes on and on but I continue to see cars there nightly I can not figure out why?The restaraunts I mentioned are woven in the fabric of this area and the money you spend there stays in this area on the contrary @ Olive Garden you would be lucky if the people in charge there actually grew up here nevermind the fact that at the end of the night all the profits go to a 30 billion dollar conglomerate in Florida and the food is horrible except for the salad..the chefs think Al Dente is the vendor where they get their frozen pasta,then ask any former and most present employees how they are treated and they certainly will not tell you they think O.G. really cares about anything but the bottom line....or better yet you can go next door for some crab legs lolololol your better off at the Chineese Buffet use your heads and pocketbooks to let this place know your smarter than a commercial and let's get back to the restaraunts that made this area a great place for dining out...its the Italian equivalent of Burger King...but just think Brian M. you can pay 50 dollars for a bottle of Moscato you could have got at liquor store for 19 or eat real food from a real chef....I dare anyone to have a chicken/pasta dish @ Olive Garden then order Chicken Parmesan at Rossi's in Archbald and come back here and comment on it...it's like comparing a B M W to a B U S

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
“Best Chain Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Olive Garden is not your average chain restaurant. The food is very good Italian especially when it competes with some of the best Italian in America. I love our local Italian restaurants, but they all have horrible wine lists. Olive Garden has great wines by the glass and they let you taste them, very unusual for our area. They are very consistent and I like their pasta choices. The chicken scampi is very good and all the food is better than average. Let's face it, many of our local Italian restaurants don't make homemade pasta anymore either!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dunmore, Pennsylvania
“why”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place serves frozen pasta and terrible food. Why, when we live in an area overflowing with great Italian restaurants, owned by local people would anyone ever want to go here. I went once a while back and the food tasted like what it was, not fresh!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Went for my Birthday dinner with my parents”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I went around 6pm on a weeknight (my parents were meeting me there) I walked in and got a table right away I told them I was meeting my parents and they said when they arrived they would send them back. I'm pregnant and was feeling sick on the way there, the hostess asked how I was doing and I told her I was ill and she brought me a glass of water which I thought was very nice, but then my parents got their and we waiting for a table for around 20 minutes they never told them I was already seated. It was very busy so I can understand the confusion but I would have rather waited for them so that we could have ordered right then instead of waiting for them to be seated with me. I had minestrone soup which I always get & Loved & steak, mashed potato's and asparagus for dinner which was good the steak was a little over cooked I think. Overall just okay. The waiter was really nice and kept checking on me before my parents arrived but like i said amongst the confusion of where they were it held us up a bit.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dimock
“Often crowded, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

worth the visit. Always friendly servers and bartenders. We especially like to have the endless soup, salad, bread sticks and a glass of wine after shopping at the mall. It's a real bargain! Tip: food can be served at the bar, so don't wait for a table. MMM-mmm, We love that salad dressing!

Visited July 2012