“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here in June 2013 for business, and found the rooms to be quite comfortable and quiet. The hotel was a little crowded when I stayed, but the staff was EXCELLENT. They went above and beyond...I also got a little bit of a history lesson on the area from one of the front desk clerks, which was really neat.

I had a really great experience with this location except one hiccup with a delivery, but that was in no way a reflection of the hotel or its staff. I will be staying here again (if it's available! Every time I've tried to book since its been full-up!) Book early! :(

Parking is difficult, and that is really the only complaint I have about the hotel. It's close to a lot of dining and cool architecture (great views!)

Room Tip: A higher floor...Scranton has some decent views (historic buildings)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brian A, Amanda Pace, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi BJones32.
First let me thank you for choosing The Hilton Scranton for your stay & for taking the time to give us a Trip Advisor review! Our entire staff loves to make our guests feel right at home, busy or not you’ll get the special attention you deserve. Scranton is a great town with tons of history & we love to share it with anyone given the chance. We hope to see you soon & keep checking back for an open night! Don’t forget if you are a Hilton Hhonors member you can enjoy our Hhonors Reception on Tuesday nights. Just a little way to say ‘thank you’ for being a loyal Hilton guest!
- Hilton Scranton Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

An unhappy female employee worked at the breakfast omelette station. She was complaining how much she hates her job. I was shocked by her inappropriate behavior. We had dinner in the restaurant but not happy with the food quality and taste. The service was so so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello Tony L.
Thanks so much for reviewing our property. Your comments & honesty are greatly appreciated. We have spoken to our staff about your experience. Here at the Hilton Scranton a smile is part of our uniform and we take any comments about otherwise very seriously. Please stay with us again the next time you’re in the area to prove to you that we can exceed your expectations!
- The Hilton Scranton Team
Newburgh, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the best Hilton properties I have ever stayed at. Absolutely beautiful inside and out. It is located in a more industrial part of Scranton however, the noise level was to a minimum. It is a walking distance from the Steamtown Mall and other small shops around the area. The few downfalls it had was having to pay extra for parking and having to keep getting your ticket validated after coming back each time. Also, the beds were not as comfortable as usual. Besides those two things it was very nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabyybravo,
Thanks so much for reviewing us one of the “Best Hilton Properties.” We recently completed a 2.3 million dollar renovation & just last week gave our fitness center a $45,000 facelift with all new equipment! We love that we are walking distance from the Steamtown Mall & a bunch of locally owned shops & restaurants with lots of character! The parking garage next door is owned by the city & they give our guests a discounted rate, this is also a flat rate with unlimited amount of re-entries. We hope to see you again soon!
- The Hilton Scranton Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I attended a convention at this establishment in June of 2013. The place was very well kept and clean. The staff was very helpful. I attended a wedding there a few years ago and forgot how nice it was. The luncheon which I attended had great food, the service could have been a tad faster, but overall it was great!!

• Stayed June 2013
Shamrock6373
First let me thank you for your review! We recently completed a 2.3 million dollar renovation to our entire hotel including our Convention Level that is over 26,000 square feet. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Executive Chef & kitchen staff, they take pride in every meal they serve whether it be in one of our three restaurants on site or a banquet or conference on our Convention Level. Please don’t let years pass by before you come to visit us again!
See you soon,
The Hilton Staff
Springfield, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Hilton property was a great stay. I used points to stay here but I feel that on a holiday weekend the required point level (30,000 per night) was steep. But the quality of the hotel and everything else was great. I passed on breakfast but some of my family took advantage of it and they said it was good. Its complimentary for Gold members, which my wife is, but I am only Silver and missed out on the free stuff. You will need to pay for parking though. :(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Hello Timothy M.
Thanks for your feedback and thank you for being a part of our complimentary rewards program! Being a Hilton Honors Member is a great way to get perks by being loyal to our brand. Also when you’re a Gold Hhonors Member you get breakfast for yourself & a guest so tell your wife to invite you. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy your stay as a Hhonors Reward. You'll be a Gold Member in no time at all, hey maybe even a Diamond Member! We look forward to your next stay in Scranton!
- The Hilton Team
New Milford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here during my best friend's wedding. Her reception was at the Hilton. They were friendly and accommodating. They kept a meat platter refrigerated behind the desk for us (that we'd gotten to feed the bride and bridesmaids while they were getting ready). This went above and beyond; and then when we had a reservation mix-up for our group, and would have been charged for an extra room that had gone empty, the front desk manager was patient in looking into the matter, and kind enough to take the charge off the credit card. I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Adam F.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We at the Hilton love & take pride in our weddings and taking care of our wedding guests. Our staff will take the extra minute without hesitation to make your stay perfect. Can’t wait to see you again when you come back to Scranton!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

A quick stay at the downtown Hilton arriving around 10pm so I was unable to enjoy the whole hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised that their large pool/hot tub area stayed open until 11pm (most hotels seem to shut them down by 10pm).
The room was VERY large and nicely appointed. Very clean, quiet and comfortable. A/C worked very well (I turn it down to 66 at night).
Not expecting to stay in town another night, I had thrown away my razor that morning so I went down to request a complementary one from the from desk. In addition to the razor, the clerk also didn't change me for my small snack I has selected from the adjacent store. He was extremely friendly and helpful.
The only thing that I had failed to notice when booking my reservation was the $9.95 self service parking few for parking in the adjacent parking garage (fee added to you room bill and the ticket validated at the front desk).
Overall a very nice and short stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear InkedCelticCross,
Thank you for choosing The Hilton Scranton for your short visit to the area. Our 50ft lap pool is a wonderful part of our hotel along with the whirlpool that can accommodate up to 12 people and we’re glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it! Thank you for noticing our sleeping rooms, in fact they just had a recent “face lift” along with the rest of our property including our 26,000 square foot conference level. The parking garage next to our hotel is owned by the city, but we do offer a discounted rate of $9.95 per night, with unlimited amount of re-entries during your stay.
We hope you visit us again next time you pass through the area!

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!