“A great Hilton property” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
GreenLeadersGold level
Springfield, PA, United States
“A great Hilton property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Hilton property was a great stay. I used points to stay here but I feel that on a holiday weekend the required point level (30,000 per night) was steep. But the quality of the hotel and everything else was great. I passed on breakfast but some of my family took advantage of it and they said it was good. Its complimentary for Gold members, which my wife is, but I am only Silver and missed out on the free stuff. You will need to pay for parking though. :(

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello Timothy M.
Thanks for your feedback and thank you for being a part of our complimentary rewards program! Being a Hilton Honors Member is a great way to get perks by being loyal to our brand. Also when you’re a Gold Hhonors Member you get breakfast for yourself & a guest so tell your wife to invite you. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy your stay as a Hhonors Reward. You'll be a Gold Member in no time at all, hey maybe even a Diamond Member! We look forward to your next stay in Scranton!
- The Hilton Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Milford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here during my best friend's wedding. Her reception was at the Hilton. They were friendly and accommodating. They kept a meat platter refrigerated behind the desk for us (that we'd gotten to feed the bride and bridesmaids while they were getting ready). This went above and beyond; and then when we had a reservation mix-up for our group, and would have been charged for an extra room that had gone empty, the front desk manager was patient in looking into the matter, and kind enough to take the charge off the credit card. I would recommend staying here!

Adam F.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We at the Hilton love & take pride in our weddings and taking care of our wedding guests. Our staff will take the extra minute without hesitation to make your stay perfect. Can’t wait to see you again when you come back to Scranton!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

A quick stay at the downtown Hilton arriving around 10pm so I was unable to enjoy the whole hotel.
I was pleasantly surprised that their large pool/hot tub area stayed open until 11pm (most hotels seem to shut them down by 10pm).
The room was VERY large and nicely appointed. Very clean, quiet and comfortable. A/C worked very well (I turn it down to 66 at night).
Not expecting to stay in town another night, I had thrown away my razor that morning so I went down to request a complementary one from the from desk. In addition to the razor, the clerk also didn't change me for my small snack I has selected from the adjacent store. He was extremely friendly and helpful.
The only thing that I had failed to notice when booking my reservation was the $9.95 self service parking few for parking in the adjacent parking garage (fee added to you room bill and the ticket validated at the front desk).
Overall a very nice and short stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear InkedCelticCross,
Thank you for choosing The Hilton Scranton for your short visit to the area. Our 50ft lap pool is a wonderful part of our hotel along with the whirlpool that can accommodate up to 12 people and we’re glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it! Thank you for noticing our sleeping rooms, in fact they just had a recent “face lift” along with the rest of our property including our 26,000 square foot conference level. The parking garage next to our hotel is owned by the city, but we do offer a discounted rate of $9.95 per night, with unlimited amount of re-entries during your stay.
We hope you visit us again next time you pass through the area!
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel. The welcome staff on the evening shift was wonderful, helpful, and caring. The accommodations were wonderful. We had two separate rooms and they offered to join the two rooms. They also extended the pool time so our children could swim since we arrived late. I would rate this as one of the best experiences at a hotel we have had in the last 5 years of travel.

Hello Robert Z.
Thank you so much for your great review! Our staff takes pride in the way we take care of our guests. We anticipate your needs & accommodate to make all of our guests happy. We love to see smiles on faces when we do “the little things.” I will definitely pass this information along to our evening staff! Thanks again for staying with us & we look forward to your next visit!
LeClaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have been staying at the Scranton Hilton for several years. The rooms are clean, the beds are clean, the overall Hotel is very nice and the employees treat me great. I love the breakfast. I like the location being right downtown. Everything is within walking distance. Overall my stays here are very pleasant. I plan to stay at the Hilton on my next visit to Scranton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi Flyklr, Thanks for being a loyal guest at the Hilton Scranton! As our staff gets to know our frequent guests they become part of our family. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in the cleanliness of our guest rooms & beds. I hope you are a Hhonors member! It’s a complimentary rewards system the Hilton Brand offers and with your frequent stays you can become a Gold or Diamond member in no time at all; that means you can receive our wonderful breakfast buffet as a complimentary “my way” reward! We can’t wait for your next visit!
Lewiston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Pillows are amazing. Rooms very comfortable. Check in and out staff very accomodating. Pool area very clean. Would have preferred to be closer to more of our family as we all booked together. Close to all downtown happenings.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian A, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you Christine for your great review! We are happy you enjoyed all of our amenities & our central downtown location. I’m sorry we couldn’t have you closer to the rest of your family; we try very hard to keep all of our groups together. Please look us up the next time you visit Scranton.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and paid the extra amount for a King Bed and the Romantic Getaway package and was very disappointed.

From the moment we checked in to when we left things went from bad to worse on what was supposed to be the first stop celebrating our three-year anniversary. When we first arrived we spoke to the people at the front desk, and on check-in he handed us breakfast vouchers. I then informed him that according to the offer for the romantic package we were supposed to get room service breakfast. I then asked him when we should put our order in for the room service and he said that they don’t do that. He then also revealed that they never sell these offers, which reflected why NOBODY knew what it really entailed but they were willing to help us out and make the “exception” and let us order room service. At this point I was already disappointed because the things we were supposed to receive for purchasing this offer were more like a favor instead of something we were supposed to have.

When we entered the room, the first thing I saw was two double beds!!! Why anyone would book a romantic getaway package and have two double beds was beyond me and when I called down to the manager he said the reservation showed I had requested double beds (not true). This made me very upset because I had specifically booked a king bed and paid the higher price for the king bed room. Anyway, the person at the front desk agreed to give us a new room and brought us a new key but that was it. We had to move all our stuff, and the sparkling wine and chocolate strawberries ourselves and then return the key for our first room to the front desk.

The rest of our stay was a mess. The ice bucket was dirty, and the sparkling wine was Andre, which caught me by surprise because considering the additional money for the romantic package (I would have expected a $20 bottle rather than a $7 bottle given the price). On top of that, the following morning when I called for room service, I met the same obstacle with the woman who said that we only get breakfast vouchers but after explaining the package to her she let us have room service. All in all it was not worth the extra amount of money especially since it would have been cheaper for us to just order breakfast and bring our own wine than to pay for the package because the experience was not special in any way.

After all of this, I was even more disappointed because I thought for the first time I would actually reply to the email asking for feedback that was sent by the Director of Events and Training thanking us for our stay and asking for feedback. We also gave feedback when checking out and I also sent the feedback to the Hilton Customer Care contact email and I am yet to hear anything back from them or the hotel itself. I have always enjoyed staying at Hilton Hotels and the reviews on this hotel were great so it was sad that our experience was not.

Room Tip: There is no parking so you have to pay for parking in the garage next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian A, Director of Sales at Hilton Scranton & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Traveling Couple,
I appreciate your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. The Romance Package is a package designed especially for anniversaries and special occasions. I would like to invite you to be our guest in an upgraded Jacuzzi Suite so you can experience world class accommodations and exceptional guest service. Again, I apologize for not meeting your expectations...all of us at the Hilton in Scranton are looking forward to serving you.

Regards,
John

Been to Hilton Scranton & Conference Center? Share your experiences!