“So so” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 attractions in Scranton
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Montage Mountain is back and better than ever! With a brand new renovated lodge and tons of other improvements, this 26 trail ski resort and waterpark has something for all ages. The ski resort features the 2nd steepest slope on the east, 2 terrain parks, the longest snowtubing lanes in Northeast PA, and much more! Summer features a family friendly waterpark open daily 10am-8pm. Admission includes access to all water slides and rides, mini golf, batting cages, and beach volleyball. Take a ride on the exhilarating ZipRider, a 50mph cable ride, that lets riders soar over tree tops and hundreds of amazed onlookers! The ZipRider is open Friday-Sunday 11:30am-7pm.
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've been going to the water park on Montage mountain for the last 3 year, I really enjoyed it as it is small and kind of a hidden gem in NEPA for locals. Since the resort changed hands some improvements were made and they are nice, such as another bar and rental store. But the buckets of water and the raining pipes were removed from the lazy river, bummer. The hills to the water slides are rediculously long and steep, and locker rooms are not marked the entrance I always used is now marked employees only so I had to change in a gross bathroom stall. They must be advertising in New York/New Jersey as the once quiet non crowded park is now pack and overrun with out of staters and inner city kids that have no respect for others. They were pushing and kicking through the lazy river, couldn't even enjoy it, pushing little kids and jumping on and off tubes, the 16-17 year old lifegaurd didn't even do or say anything until after myself and a father trying to have a nice ride with his little girl yelled at them. It's. Nice park but I hope it doesn't get to popular with New Yorkers :-(

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Great Ski Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am from New England and used to ski as a child every year! I hadn't been in about 8 years and so when we arrived at Montage we took a ski lesson, just to get familiar with it again. Our instructor was awesome, I think her name was Edie, and though the ability in our group was really diverse, she managed to make everyone feel comfortable and really tried to help us all. Once the lesson was over we were on our own and I couldn't have been more happy. The mountain was in great condition and the snow was perfect. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star review was the restaurant was so crowded and hard to move around because people just left their stuff everywhere. The service there was extremely slow and you had to snatch a table as soon as you saw one free. It took over 15 minutes just to get someone to give us menus. Overall it was a great day though!

Visited February 2014
Warwick, New York
37 attraction reviews
“Glad I didn't break a bone!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We went snowtubing here a few months ago. I will never return to this place. You purchase tickets for a certain time period for snowtubing and you only get a certain amount of time to snowtube. You walk to the site of the snowtubing and get a tube (they have both single and double tubes). You walk up this conveyer belt to the top of the mountain, where there are a few lanes to go down. We waited in line and then you go flying down the lane. Towards the bottom, there are small rubber mats that are supposed to slow you down, but they are useless. Also useless are the workers that are standing at the bottom to assist riders to stop. Basically, all they did was stand there and watch people fly by them. At the bottom, there is a fence, but before the fence there is a ditch, so instead of the fence catching you, a lot of riders (including myself) fell into the ditch. The fence should be before the ditch, so you don't get hurt. We only did about 2 or 3 runs and then decided we didn't want to get seriously hurt, so we left. As we were leaving, there was a long line for the snowtubes. First of all, if they sell tickets for a certain time slot, there should be enough tubes for the amount of tickets they sell, or you will spend the time allotted for snowtubing waiting in line for a tube. We went to complain, but none of the staff seem to care. No one who works here really seems qualified. This place is very dangerous and would caution anyone to go here until they make some drastic changes.

Visited December 2013
Port Charlotte, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Good tubing. Had a ball”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went tubing during the week and during the day (kids on Spring Break). We had a ball. Didn't have to wait for the lift. Didn't have to wait to go down. Had a great time. It was very warm the day we went (50's). That was rough because the snow was very slow. We still had a blast.

Visited March 2014
Smithtown, New York
“Horrible Tubing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

WARNING!!!! Do not take your children here to tube, my child was severly hurt!!!!! The tubing was not only dangerous but poorly run by young adults whom do not have proper training. Look around parents, there are way too many dangerous places your child can tube into and get hurt, as did mine!!

Visited February 2014