Another day of running, this time 50.7 km from Gibson-Scranton, PA has bought us to Residence Inn by Marriot. Room 205 was absolutely perfect & huge; definitely one of the best rooms we have stayed in since arriving in the US in mid February. Every night’s been a different motel room & this one was up there with the best! There was a king size bed (which was so comfy), massive flat screen tv, a two-seater sofa and a separate single lounge chair, coffee table, desk & a fully equipped kitchen: electric stove top, full sized fridge, microwave, dishwasher, saucepans, frypan, crockery, plates, cutlery, small dining table and two chairs! It was fantastic! I was so excited about seeing a kitchen that I went to Wegman’s grocery store to pick up some bits & pieces to cook for dinner/supper. It’s about a mile up the road (a must see if you have never been to one – incredible). I wish they had more of these throughout the US. If you live in and around Scranton you are lucky to have such variety to choose from at Wegmans! The room’s only fault was that the hotel itself is positioned near a busy highway. Even though it’s set right back from the road you can still hear the traffic. We always travel with silicon earplugs so it really wasn’t that much of an issue. I also agree that the hotel foyer needs an automatic door opener. It was hard to hold the door open and get the luggage cart through the door. Breakfast was definitely better than most hotel chains we’ve stayed in. There was all the usual bits & pieces plus freshly cut up rockmelon, yoghurt, hot oatmeal, brown sugar, walnuts, cranberries etc. They also had a lovely selection of teas. I would have liked to have stayed another day but my husband needs to continue his run around the world so it’s off to another motel room in Mount Pocono tonight! Somehow I don’t think it’s going to be as good as the Residence Inn by Marriott! Thank you! Would highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning service and convenience at the favorite extended stay hotel- the Scranton Residence Inn! Our superior location is only a few miles from major highways and over 50 restaurants, shops and entertainment destinations. In addition, our hotel is in the heart of Northeastern PA's Oil and Gas region and only minutes from many healthcare facilities including CHS, Geisinger, TMG, and Allied. You'll feel right at home with complimentary perks that include daily hot American breakfast buffet and a social hour three nights a week featuring light fare and beer. Guests enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness and business centers, indoor pool, and grocery shopping service. Our spacious suites feature fully equipped kitchens and free Wi-Fi. We're pet friendly, too! Are you a frequent Marriott guest? Take advantage of the exclusive Marriott Rewards Program. Whether traveling for work or play, make the smart choice of extended-stay hotels in Scranton, PA - Residence Inn by Marriott Scranton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Scranton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Scranton Hotel Scranton
- Residence Inn Dickson City
- Dickson City Residence Inn
- Scranton Residence Inn