“Nice Place, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Breckenridge, CO
“Nice Place, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is one of the friendliest hotels I have stayed in. The staff has gone above our typical hotel experience to make the stay nice. We arrive late with sleepy kids. Samantha checked us in and walked us too our room with additional linen to help out. She even offered to make the pull out for the kids before leaving! The managers and staff have greeted us each time we walk by with a smile and hurrying to help open doors. When I needed to print boarding passes the computer was not working, an employee left his desk in his office to allow me to print passes. The hotel is clean and standard Residence Inn. The breakfast was clean and good. Fairly standard with an extra bit of attention to make it a nice meal.
I am still impressed by the service though because it is rare to see all around great customer service from everyone encountered in a business. One negative is staff sitting in the courtyard smoking. Though unappealing, I did not smell the smoke.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

This Inn is hard to find and the roads getting there are poorly maintained and marked. That said, it's not the Inns fault but the Inn's location is still hard to find but it is pet friendly, the staff nice, and there are numerous food options close to it.

• Stayed June 2011
luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

For a Residence Inn ok, studios very spacy but for the bathroom, I am missing a wastebin in the bathroom, there is only one in the kitchen.The bathtub has a black bottom it looks dirty, the one in our 2nd room as well, so they need to be replaced. Except for these critics, breakfast was as expected, staff very friendly. No extra benefit for gold/platinum Marriott member as larger room. Recommend for transit place to stay as there is not very much else to do in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was fairly nice, spacious rooms, comfortable weekend. Our room was quite from hotel noise but on our side there was a lot of road noise fro Rt 81. Service was good and friendly. We needed to use the fold out sofa but there was no linens or blankets. Beds were comfortable. Pool was nice but the jets on the spa did not work. The location was a bit tricky to find the first time even with the gps. Lots of restaurants close by. Overall it was nice, good but not great.

• Stayed May 2011
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We were in need of sleep -- breaking up a 10 hour drive with an overnight here. Accommodating staff at 10 pm check-in without a reservation. Two bedroom suite was comfortable and although we didn't make use of the kitchen facility, it would have been nice if we had been staying longer. Great breakfast in the morning got us going for the next leg of our journey. Bed was softer than we are used to but room was quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
AmandaRKEvans, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Scranton, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you for your kind feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed here after visiting the Claws n Paws Wild Animal Park and I tried to find something amiss after reading some of these less than glowing reviews and I couldn't find anything to complain about. I would have given it a 5, but I did wake up a couple times during the night due to the highway traffic outside, though clearly the hotel can't help where it's located. Also, I couldn't get the hi speed internet to work, but that was just as likely to be my fault because I am technologically challenged. The place was spotless, all of the employees were pleasant beyond any reasonable expectation, the pool was just the right temperature, the breakfast was fantastic (and wasn't just pastries, but actual food, such as eggs, biscuits, pancakes). The rooms have kitchens with utensils, plates and basic cooking implements, which came in handy for our fancy microwave frozen meal dinner. There was a restaurant right across the parking lot, but we were too tired to stop in. I also noted that Scranton features a number of interesting-looking ghost walks, but I had my 5 year old with me, so I didn't get to partake of those.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind feedback, we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Booked this hotel when the Scranton Hilton was sold out for one of the nights of our visit. We had high hopes - free parking, breakfast and internet made the steep price (for this area) of $159 seem like decent value. HOWEVER, it was not and we had to check out early. In short: the beds were terrible, way too soft, we both woke up with backaches. Asked at the front desk to move to a room with a better mattress and was told by the night clerk that the hotel was due for renovations but it would still be 2 years before they would get new matresses. The room was too cramped. One bedroom suite description on the internet sounds good, but just wait until you get in there with a few pieces of luggage and a few people.. there was no room left to breathe. The room furnishings were well worn and all needed replacement. The shower curtain had mold on it and I had to ask for a new one. My allergies started up shortly afterwe arrived and now 2 weeks later I am still having allergy problems. I am linking it to the mold int he room because I am especially sensitive to mold. The only visible mold was in the bathroom, but there could have been more. The whole hotel smelled musty. The breakfast was mediocre, not bad, but not worth going to this hotel for.
The hotel does not have a bellman, which usually isnt a big deal for me but my husband and I were travelling with our baby and due to fligth delays we arrived at 2 am and had to drag all our luggage ourselves. We ended up checking out early and going to the Scranton Hilton for $89/night. Which, even when you add in $10/day parking and breakfast (the Hilton has a nice cafe in the lobby which serves GOOD coffee) was a MUCH BETTER deal for a MUCH NICER hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
AmandaRKEvans, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Scranton, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Thank you for your feedback, please know I have addressed all of your concerns with my team!

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Scranton? Share your experiences!