“Been back several times.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Scranton

You added Days Inn Scranton to your Saves list
Days Inn Scranton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1946 Scranton-Carbondale Hwy, Scranton, PA 18508 (Formerly Quality Hotel)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Danbury, Connecticut
“Been back several times.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The manager on duty asked me to do another review. The room was good - not my favorite room that I asked for. The Bar was closed - Clamdiggers. That was not much fun. I liked the drink and the staff / people who hang out in that bar. The pool and hot tub were good as always.
I woke up and went out the next day after having the breakfast which is free. I would come back again. The staff at the front desk is always friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fourth floor. I have stayed there and it is quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review.
Guest's comfort is very important to us. We are glad that you are pleased with our staff and amenities.
We are looking forward to see you in the future. Please make your reservations in advance, so we make sure to accommodate you in your favorite room.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
W Wardsboro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here half way on a 10 hour trip. Just couldn't drive much further and this looked like a reasonable stay for $61.00 that included breakfast.
I needed to sleep, but didn't get much of that.
The room was clean and beds very comfortable. I liked the bathroom with lots of light and room, but the noises were many.
I was near the ice machine that clunked way into the night as people filled their buckets.
It got chilly so I turned on the heater. That was a mistake! It was too noisy to sleep so I turned it off.
I thought I must have been over a compressor or some hotel motor running all night.
I had to get up and find my ear buds and turn on music on my laptop to be able to sleep.
I turned out that it was the refrigerator which I should have turned off, but by 3am, I was so tired I just couldn't get up to find what the noise was.
I did get to sleep for about 5 hours but woke at 8:30 and got up quickly as they only serve breakfast until 9:00am..
I should have kept sleeping and gone to the diner down the street!
The only thing edible was a banana! Oh, yeah, and the orange juice was good too.
The bagels were hard as a rock, as were the English Muffins. I didn't dare try the premade waffles. The cereals were all stale! This was quite a disappointment.
The place is old and outdated, but not run down. It was clean and the bathroom appeared very new.
I didn't try the pool or anything else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear guest,
We appreciate you taking your time to post this review. Every guest's opinion about our hotel is very important to us because it helps us to identify problems and make our accommodations and services better. We can assure you that your concerns are addressed. Thank you for noticing our clean rooms and comfortable renovated bathrooms.
Siva Myneni
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a let down after staying in so many great hotels over past weeks. The room smelt of smoke, which doesn't phase me as I am a smoker, but my non smoking partner was a bit out out by that. The room didn't seem terribly clean, the staff weren't particularly friendly and the most appalling thing of all was the shower. The bathroom had a bath proper, which is good but the shower pressure was literally a Luke warm trickle! The towels were also old and scratchy and smelt of cigarette smoke. The best thing about this hotel was being able to go next door to the 24hr bowling alley and get two dollar beers all night! Also, if you need the laundromat, do not follow the instructions on it! Go directly back to the main road at the front of the hotel, exiting left, go to the Scott street lights and go left again....follow it all the way to the bottom and go left again....then travel about a mile and the laundromat is on the right. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, unless all you wanted was a lumpy bed and a good game of bowling!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are sorry that you feel this way about your stay at our hotel.
Please know that we always follow-up guests' concerns and address them immediately. If you would notify front desk that you experience some problems with your room, we would take necessary actions to accommodate you as best as we can.
Dunmore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The rooms are clean and nice but they feel dated. The elevator is a little bit scary and has graffiti scratched into the stainless steel. Overall it is still an excellent value though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

spmyneni, General Manager at Days Inn Scranton, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate taking your time to submit this review. Every guest's opinion about our hotel is important to us as it helps us to strive even harder to present good quality accommodations and services. Our hotel is not new but is renovated.
Please know that your concerns are addressed.
Thank you for noticing our cleanliness and affordable rate.
General Manager.

Been to Days Inn Scranton? Share your experiences!