“Bad experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I always stay at Hamptons or Hiltons, but this one was not a good experience. I arrived late at night. I asked about any restaurants in the area that might still be open (even fast food). I was referred to a gas station. Since there are no restaurants around late at night, the hotel should provide a small convenience shop in their hotel like most other Hampton's do. They have microwaves in the room, but no food. When I approached my room, the door was ajar. As a woman travelling alone, I was not comfortable entering the room. As I headed back down to the lobby, I noticed that other room doors were ajar. This is a serious security risk. The desk clerk changed my room promptly. When I arrived in the room, I noticed a badly patched hole in the wall. The whole room has a grungy feel. When I sat down at the desk, I almost flipped backwards out of the chair. The back was broken. Perhaps worse of all, I asked for a wake up call which I never received. even though the desk clerk wrote it down. I was late getting to my destination. The hotel clerk only offered a "sorry 'bout that." He noted the other things, but didn't even look up at me. The "business center" was a small desk in the busy lobby. It wouldn't take much at all to bring this place up to Hampton standards (a better attitude would go a long way). Until then, I won't be back here.

Room Tip: Head 10 minutes farther down the road to another Hampton.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Eastport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hote was easily accessed off I81. The hotel and room were modern and beautiful. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. The hotel provided a list of local restaurants in the area some of which included a moderate ride into the city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time you pass through the Scranton area!
Westborough, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Great place to stop, right off interstate. Rooms were quiet, clean, and everything works quietly. Not our first time here and we looked forward to this stop on our travels. Staff is above average and very friendly and will talk about non hotel things with you. They make you feel very welcome. Everyone, from the front desk to housekeeping are great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Brian,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are glad that you enjoy our property and had a good experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next time you travel to the Scranton area.
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

It seems that asking for hot water is a difficult task for the Montage Mountain staff. They'd rather socialize with each other than provide a simple service. At least Joe the maintenance person was kind enough to solve this minor problem--and a hot cup of tea was enjoyed after a 5h drive. Not sure we'll go back because we got poor service last time as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We do apologize that there was not hot water available for you upon check-in. I have addressed this issue with our team and made the proper changers to assure this doesn't happen again. We hope that you do give us another chance in the future to provide you the service you deserve.
Conshohocken
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

got what expected of the Hampton Inn brand, good value, clean room. Lots of travelling kids sports team staying there. Made for a bit of chaos in the breakfast area. But that's on the parents, not the hotel

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Heidi,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate the business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Hampton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hotel was very clean and staff was super friendly and helpful. Love that the pool is open late. It was very easy to get to, and there are many place to eat. Lobby is very nice with coffee,tea and hot chocolate all day long. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Lisa,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing a review! We are glad that you enjoyed our property and got to use some of the amenities, including the pool. We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel and night clerk were A+. Coming from late meeting2 and after a long drive in for my next appt the following day this hotel is by far the best Hampton and Hilton I have ever stayed at. The hotel was the cleanest, nicest one I have seen to date and I have seen many since I travel for business. What made this hotel exceptional was the night clerk that is there every night and seems to love his job. The experience of how he greeted, how I was treated, sharing information about the area was far beyond anything I have ever seem at any chain. If they could clone him I would have to say Hampton/Hilton would not have any competition. Love this place and would definitely come again due to how I was treated !!!!!!!! Would recommend for anyone to stay at this location over any other chains but would even go a bit out of my way to stay where I am treated as good as I was!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Penny,

Thank you for such a kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our property and that our staff went above and beyond for you. I will be sure to share your comments with our team! We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Scranton area.

Been to Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain? Share your experiences!