I recently stayed at this "recently renovated" Hampton Inn. I think that the extent of the renovations took place in the lobby/breakfast area which is a great space. However, I found the rooms to be sub-standard for a Hampton Inn. A few of my issues... toothpaste residue on the sink faucet (probably spit there by the previous guest), visable dust balls in the bathroom vent, a piece of chewed gum stuck to the carpet, room still has an old 25" TV (flat screens with HD should be standard for any new renovation), lack of drawer space for clothes, etc.
Overall, I feel this hotel is overpriced for what you get. I would recommend finding another Hilton Family Hotel if staying in Scranton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked between the Allegheny Mountains and the Pocono Mountains, our Hampton Inn® hotel in Scranton at Montage Mountain is just a mile from one of the most popular ski slopes in the Northeast. In fact, you can even watch skiers on Sno Mountain from our warm and cozy lobby. Reserve a room with a mountain view and fireplace here at the Hampton Inn hotel in Scranton at Montage Mountain, and you'll have a recipe for a vacation you'll never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Scranton At Montage Mountain Hotel Scranton
- Scranton Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Montage Mountain