“Nice place to rest for the night, but nothing special.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice place to rest for the night, but nothing special.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

My husband booked this hotel for a one night stay because we were going to see a concert up at Tanglewood, and couldn't find something closer. The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Springfield, so it is relatively easy to find. However due to its location, parking is limited to their lot, which you have to pay for.

Generally speaking, the hotel is nice. The staff was friendly and our room was ready when we arrived. However, the hotel definitely needs some "freshening up." The carpets throughout the lobby and hallways were pretty filthy. I didn't even want my dog walking on them. Our room was very clean though, which is most important.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The cost for parking, the dirty carpets
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Bethesda MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

We stayed here for one night. The room was quiet, comfortable and mostly clean, but th carpet had some stains on it. Our room also had a great view of the city. The atrium is very pretty, and the health facility is very useful. The restaurants there have good food. Overall, it was a very nice place to stay.

• Liked — Value, Service, Beds
  • Disliked — Carpets
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

My husband and I stayed there this past Saturday night and it was ok. Not the Sheraton quality we are used to.

Check in and valet was quick and easy. The staff was friendly.

The room itself was clean and had updated linens. The bathroom was clean as well. We were in a preferred member room and it was ok.
It's the common areas that need help. The rugs in the hallways are filthy, the walls have dents and markings and the open air atrium just looks old. The elevators smell too!
It's needs a makeover big time.

We attempted to have lunch before we went to a wedding that night and couldn't find a decent place in the area. We would up at Champions at the Marriott but that wasn't good at all.
There was a mall but it was closed at 3pm on a Saturday. We couldn't find anything in the area. The area didn't seem that great either so we didn't want to venture to far.

We went to the Brunch the next morning in the hotel and it was not worth $15.95 per person.
It was 11:30am when we arrived and it was empty. We should have left then. The staff was ok but the food was not.
Everything had been sitting there since 8am. We had to ask for an omelet to be made and have hot food brought out. The staff didn't seem happy!

The hotel is old and needs an update sooner rather than later.

We should have stayed in West Springfield.

We did go to the Basketball Hall of Fame and that was fun!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

May 25, 2008
1 king room
$189/night at Sheraton.com, included 2 adult tickets to Six Flags New England (worth $80-$100) and self-parking (worth $9.95)

LOCATION
The Sheraton was right off I-91 (Exit 7). Businesses, stores, restaurants are just a walk away from the hotel. We got out of the hotel and walked around the area for dinner. The area was so quiet, with barely any people. It got scary when I noticed a lot of the stores were closed or shut down. I would prefer staying in West Springfield along RT-5.

We ate at Red Rose Pizzeria in Main St, an Italian restaurant 5 blocks away and we liked it. They had good food and huge servings. We spent $53+ for 2 people including tax.

PREMISES
The hotel lobby was a little dark, but very nice and clean. The rooms are situated around and indoor atrium. You can easily hear anyone talking in the hallways in the nearby floors because of the set up. But you don’t hear in the rooms. Check-in was a breeze and staff was friendly, but nothing out of the ordinary.

ROOM
The room was spacious, clean and smelled great. The carpet by the door had a couple of very small stains, but not very noticeable. Our room (room 1106) was very close to the elevator and had a view of the river and I-91. You could faintly hear the cars driving through by the window. But you won't hear them by the bed. The Sweet Sleeper king bed was very comfortable.

AMENITIES
Pool:
The pool was located in the Fitness Center on the 4th floor. I was only able to see the pool area. The place wasn’t crowded. There were only 2 people swimming. The pool was 50’ long and 3’-5’ deep. It had 3 lanes. The area had a hot tub, cold tub, sauna, 2-3 shower stalls, water fountain, and an access to an outdoor balcony where you can sunbathe. The pool had too much chlorine in it that I had to cut my swimming short coz my eyes were burning. I didn’t have my goggles with me. My eyes were red and bothered me the whole evening.
Wi-fi:
You could get wireless internet connection in the room for $8.95/day. Don’t get it, it’s not worth it. Connection was horrible in our room. When John called the front desk to ask where the connection is better, they didn’t know. The connection at the Business Center was better, but still not good.
Parking:
Parking was $9.95/day for self-parking or $12.95/day for valet parking. I thought it wasn’t worth it, but I got it free with the package we got. As I said earlier, I would prefer getting a hotel in West Springfield by RT-5 for the location and most of the hotels there have free parking.
Newspaper:
Usually included in the room rate is a free daily newspaper. But you can get $0.75 credit if you cancel delivery of the newspaper by calling the front desk.

• Liked — comfort and convenience
  • Disliked — price and horrible internet connection in the rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Standish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in April 2002, 2004, and 2005 for the New England District of Key Clubs Conventions. It has a good gymnasium, a pool with hottubs, cold tubs, showers, and a sauna and a waterfountain to replenish yourself. The hallway where the rooms are looks out over an open atrium so you can see people sitting in the lobby and in the lounge from standing outside your room. The room windows overlook the Downtown Springfield area and the Courthouse. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, and the hotel is attached by a catwalk to a shopping mall called Tower Square. A great hotel complex and I would stay there again anytime I go to the Springfield area.

• Liked — Athletic Department and Location of Hotel
  • Disliked — No continental breakfast (minor complaint)
Stayed April 2004, traveled on business
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

Drove to MA from NYC to visit the Basketball Hall of Fame with my family. Decided to spend the weekend at the Sheraton. It was a great stay. Room was really nice and clean. The bed was so comfortable my husband is looking into purchasing the same type of bed. Staff were professional and prompt. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel. The pool and fitness center is also great. Definitely worth the money! Doing it again in the spring.

Stayed December 2007
ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

I was planning a get away, a friend had told me of this "hidden gem". When I fie=rst checked in, I was met by Chantel, this young lady was wonderful, she welcomed me to the sheraton Springfield.

I them went to the desk, I was met by Isabel, she again welcomed me to the hotel, she explained to me the offerings of the hotel and local area. There were many, a fitnes center unlike any other, local attractions, movie theaters and more.

The restaurant, Peter's Grille, hosted the best steaks and service my wife and I had ever had.

The hotel was very clean and everyone we encountered was very pleasant.

I would recomend this hotel to anyone as it was perfect in every aspect!

Stayed December 2007

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!