“Don't do it.” 1 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Springfield
“Don't do it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked our hotel stay through Hotwire.com. We were specifically asked how many people were staying in the room and their ages which we listed (myself, my wife and 2 children). When we checked in today at the front desk they said the only room available was a room with ONE king size bed and that they could only give us ONE roll out bed. Therefore, I had to sleep on the floor. Terrible. They 'upgraded' us to the 'club' level on the 12th floor (of 12 floors). Our room (1212) was situated right next to the 'club room'. We were all awoken at midnight by 30 minutes of LOUD vacuuming in the club room. I complained about this to the front desk, they said they would call up and have the vacuuming stopped. It didn't. It went on for another 30 minutes. ----other complaints---the hotel charges nearly $10 bucks a day for wi-fi...that's a total joke and ripoff, no explanation required. They charge $12.95 to park your car overnight. This is NOT Boston or NYC, this is SPRINGFIELD, MA!!! I have read many reviews from the manager saying there are restaurants in the walking area...NOT TRUE. Walk one block to the right or left and your walking into the projects. Very disappointed, I am calling corporate offices after we get home from six-flags tomorrow.

• Stayed August 2013
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing with me your experience while staying with us Hotwire as with most 3rd party resellers do not have accurate inventories of hotel rooms and when requiring specific room arrangements, it is always best to work through the hotel directly. Third party resellers can not make specific promises on room types.

I am sorry you were disturbed by the cleaning of our club lounge. I will review this with our associates whom are responsible and purchase a carpet sweeper so rooms that are on either side of the lounge will not be disturbed.

As with many hotels located in the center of a City (not just Boston or New York) parking spaces is a business. We unfortunately do not own the garage , but have negotiated a discounted rate on behalf of our guests which is applied to ones folio and we are able to use the room key for unlimited in and out privileges.

Starwood as a brand has not moved towards free internet, we are looking at the ability to offer a tiered program.

As it relates to local restaurants, we certainly do have many wonderful offerings, Worthington Street is located just two blocks from the hotel in one direction and offers up to at least 4-6 different offerings. Just a few blocks in the other direction, we have several other options. If you up for a little walk, than near the Basket Ball Hall of Fame there are 4 more restaurants one which is an Uno's Chicago Grill.

I hope this information helps and as always, please feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Jay, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to visit Niagara Falls. Let me start off by saying this hotel is beautiful. The architecture is so nice and the staff was very friendly. One thing though that disappointed me was that there are several hidden fees that you have to watch out for. We walked into our room and two bottles of water were sitting on the desk. I was a little thirsty so I picked one of the bottles up to drink it, then looked at the tag around it. It cost $2.99. There was no way I was paying for that so I put it down. Then I opened my laptop to check my Email as I had been traveling all day and was not able to access it. The wireless internet cost $9.99 a day. So I couldn't even use the internet. Even the cheapest hotels now give you free internet access. On top of all these fees, it costs $12.99 to park in a crowded parking garage. And watch out for what elevator you take up from the garage. We ended up in an office in the same building and the security came out and had to give us directions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear recent guest, thank you for the review of our hotel and I appreciate you sharing with me your feedback. We do charge for parking as we do not own the garage, the discounted rate is passed along to those who use it. Just including it in the rate would not be fair to those who do not park with us. As a brand, Sheraton has not done away with internet fees, we are looking at a tiered structure.

I am happy that overall you found the hotel warm and inviting and we hope to see you back again.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed with several friends for a four day weekend convention in nearby Amherst. While this Sheraton isn't quite up to the Deluxe, high-end luxury at other Sheratons, it's a great place nonetheless. Our rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, and the service from the Maids to the Front Desk Staff and everyone else was exceptional. Some of the furnishings, like the desk and chest, were a bit worn, and the carpet was just beginning to show its age, but they were still good. The triangle shaped atrium was really nice, but it needed something to set it apart. Perhaps some green plants or flowers hanging down from the sides would give a more luxurious look.

I accidently left my iPhone charger and data cord in my room. I called them from home on Monday afternoon. They had it in Lost and Found and shipped it right out to me. I got it on Tuesday. Is that great service, or what?!

The Sheraton is located in a convenient location downtown, across the street from the Marriott, and right off Route 91.

Their only major shortcoming is the small, one level, basement garage. This serves not only the Hotel, but the businesses in the Commercial building attached. It's not nearly big enough. Its saving grace is that they will validate parking in the lot directing across the street, which is located below the highway. Parking is $11.95 per day. For the currently seemingly barren downtown Springfield, it's a bit steep. However, we got in Convention rate of $5.00 day, which again, includes the lot across the street, which we had to park in one night. That was not a bad deal at all.

Side Note: You can almost walk to the nearby Basketball Hall of Fame, which also has a ton of restaurants as well.

In summary, it's a great hotel, with a super staff and amenities.

Room Tip: For a nicer view, get a room from the eighth floor or above.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing with me as well as the TripAdvisor community about your experience. I am pleased you found the hotel and staff warm and inviting. We have a wonderful hotel in a fantastic City which has so much to offer from cultural, historical to family activities. We have many great restaurants in and around the hotel. Clearly our parking is a challenge, however we do what we can to make it easy for our guests. I thank you again and we hope to see you back when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Concord, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pros:
Attractive, well kept facility; clean, well appointed rooms.
Friendly, helpful staff
Location right off the highway in the center of town!

Cons:
Not enough parking to accomadate a full house. ( They use a lot across the street when needed )
Atrium style tends to be a little noisy

Would definitely go back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear recent guest, I thank you for sharing your experience with me. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and look forward to having you back. Our parking can be a challenge but we make it as easy as possible. We also use an overflow lot located across from the hotel which is connected by an covered air-walk. We offer guests the ability to unload at the lobby and then park.
Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night to go to Six Flags. Booked through Priceline and got a great deal. Parking garage was convenient directly below hotel with elevator to lobby and only $12 for the night. Room was on 6th floor across from vending machines, which surprisingly we didn't hear. Room was average sized, but clean. Decor was drab but modern.

Overall nice stay and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for sharing with me you experience while staying with us. We are pleased you enjoyed yourself and hope to have you back. Our housekeeping team works hard to ensure everything is perfect in the guest room as well as all of the public space. I appreciate you writing a TripAdvispr review so all of our future guests can see that we have a great hotel.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had to be in Springfield on two successive weekends. I booked La Quinta the first weekend based on it being ranked #1 on TripAdvisor. See my review of the truly awful La Quinta. However, the Sheraton was a pleasant surprise. It was $50 cheaper and quite, quite pleasant. The restaurant had good food and service and the bed was very comfortable. Despite a lively event going on in the lobby my room was very quiet (the hotel has an atrium around which all the rooms open,

Based on value for price this place is great.

Room Tip: There is a corridor that does not front on teh atrium. It is even quieter than the other rooms on t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing with me your experience while staying with us. I as well as the entire team are pleased you found the hotel warm and inviting.

We too feel the property is a tremendous value as we have a wonderful design, well appointed rooms and well trained associates.

We hope you will be our guest again, should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area.
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds with good pillows. Clean. Good coffee. Small weird parking lot. I would stay here again anytime. There was a convention there but it was still reasonably quiet.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts as it relates to your recent stay with us. I am glad you found the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper comfortable as well as the overall stay a great value. We do have a challenging parking situation, however our staff is trained to assist. I hope you will return when you are in the area again.

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!