“Customer Service Training ASAP!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Springfield
Portland, Maine
“Customer Service Training ASAP!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Dear General Manager- I just spoke with someone at your hotel to confirm a reservation- her attitude could not have been worse! When I asked to confirm whether or not they had two double beds- I got a sigh as a response as though I'm some sort of idiot for not realizing that you're not able to confirm such a request. At any other hotel I have ever stayed at, I have been able to confirm that I'll have 2 beds. Please teach your reservation employees some basic Customer Service skils. I'm still staying at your hotel next week and I hope that experience is much better than todays!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with your interaction with our associates. Please accept my sincere apologies for the way you were spoken to. It is unacceptable and will be addressed. I would like to personally speak with you regarding your reservation, so if you can call me at 413-263-2156 I would greatly appreciate it. I thank you for sharing this information with me, and I can assure you it will be corrected.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Belton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights at this Sheraton property for our visit to Six Flags New England. Our room was very large, with comfortable beds and large bathroom. Staff was friendly and helpful but parking is not easy if the area is crowded. This area of town is seemed a little rough and we were not successful in finding a family-friendly restaurant within walking distance. This property charges for wi-fi also.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing with me your experience during your recent visit. I as well as out team members are happy you enjoyed yourself and found the room to be large and well appointed. We have many great restaurants with-in walking distance, please stop by the desk and we will be more than happy to provide a walking map. I hope you will visit again should your travels bring you back to the wonderful City of Springfield.
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is very good, the staff is friendly from the reception to the guy of security.
The room was very nice, nice size, nice furniture, and not so expensive. I was there for a conference and the room was big enough for all of us.
The only bad side of this hotel is location, i heard the area is not very secure at least my colleagues who live there in Massachussets told me that but if you don't walk so far from the hotel is ok. Better to use a car.
But it is really a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I as well of the rest of the team are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff, they all work hard to embrace the Sheraton culture and provide excellent service. I hope you will visit again when your travels bring you back to the Springfield area in the future.
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked a room for a good rate on Hotwire. Hotel was very classy, but the area seemed a little sketchy at night. No free WiFi and parking for $13 sucked, but I got over it. Pool was nice, restaurants seemed good, but we didn't eat at them. Our thermostat didn't seem to work, the room was very cold, so I solved that problem by cranking the thermostat up to 85 degrees to get to a comfortable level. Beds were extremely comfortable as they are at most Starwood properties.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I appreciate you sharing with me your experience while staying with us. We do cater to all types of travel and value the feedback from all of our guests. As a brand, Starwood has not moved from internet charges and free breakfast. We do have certain rate plans that do include these items as well as others. Our culinary team does an outstanding job in both MVP.pub and our PICKS Restaurant and both outlets have recently undergone an amazing transformation. I hope you will visit us again, should your travels bring you to the Springfield area again.
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The lobby was cheery and inviting. We had drinks and snacks at MVP and Manny our server was delightful! The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was lovely, however getting in/out of the tub was not an easy task. It is a high tub and the safety bar is on the other side of the tub/wall. The parking was terrible......... HOWEVER, Overall it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing with me your experience while saying with us. I am glad you found the hotel clean and very updated as well as warm and inviting. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our culinary team and Manny our server. Parking is a challenge, and we will be making some changes here relating to how we communicate this to our guests. We hope you will visit soon.
mays landing, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Welcome to being in the city. The room was nice sized and very clean. Parking for 13 a day would be awful. Luckily I was with a convention and we got parking for free. I like hotels where they give you breakfast for free but at this place there was going to be none of that. I guess my only complaint really was paying for the parking if I had to.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear TripAdvisor guest, I appreciate you taking the time to share with me as well as our future guests your experience while staying with us. I am pleased that you found our hotel attractive a d well appointed, our staff responsive and services provided exceeded your expectations. We do share a parking facility with a office tower and therefore the parking charges even though they are discounted are passed along on top of the room rate. This is the only way to ensure accurate billing. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area in the future.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room is fine. Beds comfy, clean, decent TV, good water pressure. Service was awful. Just now, tuesday at 9pm, I got a call from room service asking if I wanted dessert. I left a message for them YESTERDAY at 8pm. Good thing I called back if this is how quickly they check! Twice in three days the parking garage (one level below) was full. This hotel is in the middle of downtown! Not exactly anyplace to go and the neighborhood is creepy. Room service was adequate but way overpriced for the quality and location. Really? In springfield you are charging over $30 for a small steak? Don't think I'll return. Breakfast at the restaurant was really good and reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul M, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am sorry we fell short of your complete satisfaction. We do have a challenging parking situation, as we share a garage with an office tower. On nights when the garage is full, we are forced to send our guest to a garage across the street, the discounted rate for parking is applied to the guest room folio and we will validate your ticket which will provide in and out privileges. I am sorry you experienced an issue with our room service department, I will share your comments with our Restaurant Manager so we can ensure this does not happen again. I am glad you enjoyed your room and dining experience, both our housekeeping department and culinary departments work hard to ensure we provide a great value. Our prices are certainly inline with our competitors, but I also see based on your feedback you did not see the value. I would like to offer a discount on our food and beverage services as an effort of good faith. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area as I would like to personally assist with your reservations and complete satisfaction.

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!