“Excellent Start To My Week At The MAAC Basketball Tournament” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Springfield
Lewiston, New York
“Excellent Start To My Week At The MAAC Basketball Tournament”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Alexandra and Jillian (Front Office Supervisors) welcomed me with genuine warmth and appreciation of my business for the MAAC Basketball Tournament this afternoon. Room 609 was clean and ready shortly after 2 p.m. It is a king bedded room that was recently renovated. The bathroom was very large and had brand new fixtures. This room feature brand new carpet, ottoman and lounge chair, a new flat screen television set, two brand new nature scene artworks, brand new modern orange table lamps, and a new desk area, chair, and new chest of drawers.

Am extremely impressed with both the immaculateness of the room and the personalized level of service by Alecandra, Jillian, and Thomas. Vincent was extremely helpful in helping me retrieve my luggage that I left at the hotel while touring the Basketball Hall of Fame.

This has been an outstanding stay, and I know that the Sheraton Monarch Place Hotel appreciates my business very much supporting the Niagara University Purple Eagles at the MAAC Basketball Tournament.

Many thanks to the entire Guest Services Team for exceeding my expectations!

Room Tip: Sixth floor is one of the renovated floors with new furnishings.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found the hotel very comfortable. It's not fancy, but I did not have any problems sleeping, taking a bath, whatsoever. I was actually a little bit scared of staying here after reading all the reviews. Yes, it's a little outdated and needs a little oomph here and there, but all is well. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was a little bit small but it's not that much of a hassle. Breakfast was the worst among all the hotels we've stayed at. Haha. Probably the tour's fault, but I expected more from it since it's Sheraton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bergen, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Beautiful 5 stars hotel - right off Route 91. We were looking for a place to stop on our way from Vermont to NYC. We decided to stop at Springfield MA; found Sheraton on Priceline for $68! Can't beat that!!!! Had to pay parking - $12.95 for 24 hr; and you can pull the car in/out of the indoor parking garage.

Sheraton is right next to Marriott - linked by a cross bridge. The room is a decent size, but the bathroom is small! Sheets were a little starchy, but still very comfortable to sleep. It has a gym and pool facility. Restaurants on Main Street just a block away - lots of eateries. They gave us a room on the 4th floor w/o a view, but I image the upper floors will have have a great view of the Connecticut River.

Only complaint is the high pitch sound and loud radio in the hotel lobby. I mean the noise is all means is not loud, but the fact that I can hear it from the bed inside my room is a bit too much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very helpful staff including the concierge and van drivers. They are very knowledgeable. Very good location within walking distance to the Quadrangle area. Definitely a must see attraction along with a visit (reservations are a very good idea) to the Student Prince restaurant. Go there for their lunch specials for $7.95 and you won't leave hungry. That price includes bread, soup, entree, beverage and a dessert. Worth the trip!

Room Tip: Rooms in the range of ...20-35 on each floor are farthest from the elevator. Ambient music can be he...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Falmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for one Saturday night in February. From previous reviews, I was nervous about the noise levels late, but has no problems at all. The bed was quite comfortable, the Starbucks coffee for the coffee maker in the room was a nice touch, and they told me they were low on available rooms so they asked if I could take a handicap accessible room, no problem for me, and they comped me WiFi for my stay (normally $10 a day, seems a crime to have to pay for WiFi anywhere these days), which they didn't have to do, I didn't ask for it, so I appreciated the service. Parking is enclosed and under the hotel, I believe it was $13 a day if you are staying there, expected in a city.

The room was in good shape, looked like it had been renovated in the past few years. ALL rooms are open to the atrium, which is why some reviewers have complained about noise, but again it was not an issue for me on a Saturday night stay.

"complimentary" newspapers (USA Today during the week I'm told) but if you don't want it you can call the front desk and they will credit you $.75 a day if you turn down the paper.

The location in Springfield, a small city, is great. Its only about a mile from the Basketball Hall of Fame, great for me as I was in town for an event there. There is a pretty new Hilton Garden Inn right next to the HOF, but they were more expensive than this Sheraton, but with free parking so it would probably have been a wash.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Holliston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton in Springfield, MA on a Saturday evening as my daughter had to be at a gymnastics meet by 7:45 AM the next morning at the Mass Mutual Center. The Mass Mutual Center was a very short walk from the hotel and the later check out time of noon made it very convenient and my daughter was able to go back to our room and shower and change after her meet before heading home Sunday.

The room was clean and comfortable. However, because of the open design of the hotel, it was very noisy throughout most of the night. You could hear people heading to and from their rooms on other floors as well as people attending events on lower levels. We were on the 9th floor and as far away from the elevators as you could get but the noise continued to wake us even past 2 AM.

The staff was extremely frienldly and helpful. We had a pleasant meal at the sports bar in the hotel on Saturday evening. The hotel is connected to a mall but the every store and restaurant in the mall was closed by 5 PM on Saturday. We ordered omelettes for breakfast Sunday morning by using a card provided in the room that we filled out Saturday night. The food was good but a little greasy. It was delivered exactly on time, though, and made getting out early so much easier.

I felt like the staff did everything in their power to make our stay pleasant. Unfortunately there was nothing they could do about the way the sound carries. If there was, I am sure they would have done it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Daniel W, General Manager at Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dearv Guest
Thank you for your review about our hotel , we aere sorry for the noisy guests you encountered.We have listened to you and have added exctra Security as an SOP for all nights we are over 75% occupied. We will share your kind comments about our staff's caring attitude.

Warm Regards,
V.P. Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel. I was quite surprised. Extremely friendly staff. The sound carried when children were running down the halls. We could hear them from inside our hotel room. Luckily, this was only for a little while. There was a great little sports bar within the hotel. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for newer room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place? Share your experiences!