“Good Springfield Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Springfield Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We occasionally stay in the Springfield area to take our kid to her sports events. For these, we have stayed in various hotels around Springfield. So far, this is our favorite based on the quality of accommodations and value. It is a typical city center Marriott, which isn't a bad thing at all. The room was reasonably sized (although the bathroom is a bit tight) and clean. The staff were pleasant. A great rate can be had through the bid/pre-paid websites.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the Springfield Marriott while in town for business for 3 nights. I frequently stay at Marriott hotels, but this hotel was the best in recent memory, hands down. My room was at the back of the hotel, and was very quiet, although I imagine the rooms facing I-91 may be noisier. The room was super clean and comfortable. It was near the elevator, but I never heard any noise. Although I was warned abut the area, I did not have any bad experiences. I didn't roam the neighborhood at night, but during the day, the downtown area was quite nice for a walk. The most noteworthy part of the stay was the staff, at every level (housekeeping, front desk). They were warm, welcoming and very accommodating. This means a lot to me! If I could change anything, i would make the bathroom a bit bigger. The room with the toilet and tub is very small, almost claustrophobic. (The sink is outside this room). Also, the coffee pot is located in the armoire, and it was dark and difficult to see when pouring in the water. Not deal breakers, just observations.

There is no shuttle, and I used a car service from the Hartford airport 20 minutes away ($51 not including tip) which was less expensive than renting a car and paying for parking.
Keep up the good work with customer service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face I-91.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Lisa N, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you very much for your postive comments about the Customer Serivce at the Springfield Marriott, especially that of housekeeping and the front desk. All of your comment and feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Lisa Novelli
Senior Manager of Operations, Rooms
Skaneateles, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed here to attend a wedding in the area. I was a little concerned because I had had a less than satisfactory stay at another Marriott a few months ago. I needn't have worried. The hotel is squeaky clean, very comfortable beds with great linens. But the very best part of this hotel is the staff. They did everything possible to accommodate us. They were cheerful and professional every step of the way. I will very definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness of our guest rooms, comfortable beds and great service provided by our staff. I hope you had a great time at the wedding and we look forward to your next visit when your travels bring you back to Western MA.
West Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a frequent business traveler, I see a lot of hotels in a lot of different areas. This happened to be a single night family stay for The Big E. Which was only a Miele away. I can say with confidence that this is a great hotel in a terrible area. The area has nothing to do with it, but it's important to know that, for families, you always felt safe and secure. Despite the questionable surrounding area.

Staff-Fantastic. They even allowed me to check in at 11:30am, which was very convenient.
Accommodations-Rooms aren't too big, but they are really nice.
Pool-Huge and well kept.
Restaurants-We ate dinner late at night after a long day at the fair and didn't feel like leaving the hotel. Food was good and it wasn't too expensive.
Hotel-I would call this an upscale hotel. The decor was fresh and inviting.

Good stay. Look no further if staying in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Joshua,

Thanks for staying with us and for posting your review regarding your stay. I was happy to see we could check you in early and that you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities we offer. Thanks for making the trip to the BigE and we hope to see you again next year.
Mooresville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My co-worker chose this hotel for our team to stay. You have to pay for parking and internet; and you have to use your room key to get in and out of the parking deck (a slight pain). The restaurant food was good but typical hotel prices, the service was slow, and fruit flies abound. The hotel is older and smelled a little mildewy in some areas. The room was clean and the bathroom is VERY TINY. They had a mini fridge but no microwave. Honestly none of us realized that there was a newer Hilton brand hotel across the street by the basketball hall of fame, we probably would have stayed there instead (also closer to more restaurants). The hotel messed up our receipts a few times, but they eventually got corrected.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for recently staying at our hotel in Springfield. I greatly appreciate all of your comments about our hotel products and services. Please rest assured that your feedback is shared with appropriate department managers. I do very much understand your valuable feedback about WiFi service and parking fees. I wanted you to be infomed that we do offer special rates with enhanced Wi-Fi Service and parking included should you decide to return for a future visit. Thank you once again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel twice within the past two years and every time it's an easy check in process and great stay! First off if your a member of law enforcement they will give you a discount on your stay just have your identification with you at check in.

This is my go to hotel when attending the big e since it is right across the bridge from west Springfield. Hotel rooms are clean and kept in good condition. Big lobby with friendly staff. Have a restaurant inside the hotel (have never been). On site parking that you have to pay $15 but can exit as many times as you'd like as long as you have your room key. Would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, reliable hotel in Springfield only minutes from the big e and basketball hall of fame.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
It’s always nice to have guests return to the Springfield Marriott when they visit the BigE. I appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of our rooms and our proximity to various attractions in Springfield. We hope to see you again next year.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Arrival: We arrived on a Saturday night around 8pm. The hotel was easy to find and parking was also easy. One thing I will say about this hotel that many hotels lack is a proper entry from the parking garage to the hotel. You knew where the entrance was and it was well lit.

Check-in: The check-in desk was easy to find and there was no line. The check-in employee was friendly and gave us the room we had requested.

The room: The room was average size, clean and the bed was good. There was a TV, fridge and a nice view of the river. One this this hotel has that many don't, water pressure. The shower had actual water pressure which is a nice feature when you have been driving all day.

Overall: I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel products and services, and especially recognizing our staff service during the check-in experience.
I look forward to your return stay with us.

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!