“Best stay in Springfield” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Springfield
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Best stay in Springfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I would never think to stay in Springfield but because of a late night sporting event I needed a hotel room. The Marriott was great. Convenient location right off of 91. Despite overlooking the highway, my room on the 12th floor was completely quiet and had a nice vista of the Connecticut River. The staff was very helpful with parking, luggage and an early morning breakfast and departure. The room was large and the bed was more comfortable than mine at home. My only complaint was that the wifi was expensive and kept me from quickly checking in on some important emails. I feel in this day and age wifi should be free. Parking is $15 for the night but that is normal for a central city location. All in all, this is a convenient and quality hotel if Springfield is your destination.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a high floor not facing the highway for extra quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you so much for recently staying at our hotel in Springfield. I greatly appreciate all of your positive comments about our hotel products and services. I do very much understand your valuable feedback about WiFi service and fees. We do offer special rates with enhanced Wi-Fi Service should you decide to return for a future visit. Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Bergen, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Good location...but rooms are old need renovation... bathroom and bedroom need to be upgraded/refreshed...did not feel clean...way below other Marriott, Sheraton, Westin etc. Club Level was okay......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Ji,
Thank you for staying at the Springfield Marriott. I am disapointed to hear that your hotel room cleanliness did not meet our standars, please rest assured that I have addressed this with appropriate housekeeping management. Also, thank you for your feedback regarding our room product and need for renovation, I will make sure to share your valuable feedback with our hotel leadership team. In future, should your travel plans bring you back to Springfield, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.
Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was fine for this visit. The issue we had was with the pool. You could barely see the bottom of the pool the water was so cloudy.

The parking garage roof is very low, we had a yukon, we fit, but just barely.

Location was very convenient for the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Rod,
Thank you very much for staying at the Springfield Marriott. Please rest assured that our engineering manager has followed up on the comments that you provided regarding the pool, your feedback is very valuable and appreciated. Our hotel does not own nor manage the garage that we are attached to, although we have discounted rates arranged with them for our hotel guests. The infrastracture of the garage allows for height restriction vehicles that are up to 6'4", there are a couple of other lots in the immediate area that can accomodate oversized vehicles. Thank you again for your business and we hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very clean room, including the bathroom. There is wi-fi available in the room, for a fee. There's a restaurant just off from the lobby. A large parking garage gives you quick access to the rooms, but again there is a fee for parking. We didn't hear any noise from neighbors rooms or in the hallway. And at check-in the receptionist was very respectful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Micheline F, Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for selecting to stay at the Springfield Marriott. I appreciate your positive comments about our hotel products, services and amenities offered. As we are located in downtown Springfield, our hotel does not own or manage the garage facility. However we have negotiated discounted parking rates extended to all of our guests. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Best Regards
Medford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by staying I travel to Springfield for work every month for business. I am a regular at the Sheraton across the street, but decided to give the marriott a try. I stayed at this marriott 3 weeks ago, as well as this weekend. My first stay wasnt paticularly miserable, but this weekend was awful. First off, the staff were on duty were horrible and far from friendly. We got a room in which the bathroom was half the size of a standard broom closet. I had also seen bigger tvs in homeless shelters. Upon arrival, no robe was present in my room. I called 3 different times requesting one yet never recieved it. Upon stopping by the desk to see what was going on, I was informed that only ONE robe was given to rooms on the concierge level, and none to standard rooms. So esentially, even if you pay close to 300 dollars for a room in the middle of nowhere, you are only provided one robe. Im pretty sure the red roof inn gives you robes in standard rooms. Next, we decided to order room service which was clearly a big mistake. We ordered a greek steak salad, only to find out there is no steak left in the whole hotel. Next, we recieved a skunked beer, and an espresso martini that was not an espresso martini by any means. The best part was, instead of the ice cream sundae we ordered, they sent us a small container of vanilla ice cream....some sundae. We ate at Champions two times, and our meal was butchered both times. The first time our request for fried chicken in a wrap was ignored and we got grilled chicken, and then the nachos we requested cheese only came fully loaded.

Do yourself a favor....STAY AT THE SHERATON!! Its directly across the street, about half the price, and the architecture is fantastic. The food is very very good, and the staff is beyond friendly. I have stayed there about 30 times, and only had one bad experience involving a room that was not renovated. The problem was quickly adresed and taken care of. I have stayed at many luxury hotels in my life, and the sheraton is up there with my favorites. Marriott, one of my least favorites. All things considered, probably the worst.

• Stayed July 2014
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for choosing the Springfield Marriott for your most recent business trip. I was disappointed to see the low scores and specific comments regarding your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Please be assured that the service and food quality issues mentioned will be share with the proper department managers. I have asked that they evaluate the menu items ordered, compare to our standards and retrain as needed. I thank you for your time and constructive feedback.
Bridgeport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel was great from a good comfy bed, to a delicious menu, to a little store and arcade, well that was when i went year or two ago but best place to stay in the springfield area, but some rooms didn't have that great if a view but it was fine to me.

Stayed September 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and food offerings. Unfortunately, the arcade within Tower Square has closed since your last visit.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just stayed one night for an event in the area. Check in and out was excellent - super nice staff. Parking was in a connected parking garage - walked right into Marriott property from parking area so no big deal. Also adjacent to a food court/mall type of area. We ate at Champions Sports Bar - great food & excellent service. There was a Dunkin Donuts and Green Mountain Coffee in that immediate area, so coffee was covered. Nice room, great bed. I would recommend if downtown Springfield is where you need to be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bill H, General Manager at Springfield Marriott, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Karen,

I enjoyed reading your recap of your visit to Springfield. Convenient parking, two restaurants and our overall location to many attractions are some on the many benefits the Springfield Marriott offers. I was happy to see check-in and out was smooth and our staff were friendly. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!