Had to bring a friend down to Springfield for back surgery at Mercy Hospital. This hotel was conveniently located just about two miles away. Used points for the two night stay. As a platinum member was a bit disappointed in the accommodations - they were adequate and facility was clean - just no real wow factor. Had room on 15th floor (1 of 2 concierge levels) and room faced highway. Even up that high the highway noise was significant all night. Smallest bathroom I've seen in a Marriott in a long time; though it was clean and there were plenty of towels. Was a bit disappointed about choice of welcome gifts - either extra points or a $10 credit toward in hotel purchase. I'm used to being offered a selection of snack and beverage choices from room service and have come to expect my little half bottle of wine and a crackers and cheese plate being delivered to my room about 45 minutes into my stay . Breakfast in concierge lounge was a nice experience with nice selection of fresh fruit, baked goods, juice, cereal, scrambled eggs and breakfast meats. The evening snack on concierge lounge however was a disappointment both evenings. First night there were two hot appetizers - both the types you buy in frozen section of grocery store - spinach in puffed pastry and ham and cheese (tasteless) croquette; cups of coleslaw; and Swiss cheese cut in cubes with 3 types of crackers. Seemed like weird selection - I couldn't understand why there was coleslaw? Leftovers from kitchen maybe? Next night a nice selection of raw vegetables (but nothing to dip them in); chicken fingers with a coconut breading and sweet and sour dipping sauce; stuffed mushrooms that were most likely previous frozen and not cooked properly - they had a weird gray color about them, they were dripping with juice that wasn't evaporated during cooking process (and should have been) and the inside was cool to cold. Crackers and cubes of cheese again. I always like the concierge lounge and have often held informal business meetings with clients in them. I sure am glad I didn't do that here; I would have been embarrassed to. Parking convenient and at $15 a night a good value.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Springfield Hotel
- Marriott Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Marriott Springfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springfield Marriott hotel, near I-91 and I-90, is ideal for family vacations, business trips, and leisure travel. This Springfield, MA hotel is located near the Basketball Hall of Fame, Six Flags New England, the Dr. Seuss Memorial, the MassMutual Center, and other attractions. As the premier downtown Springfield, MA hotel, the Springfield Marriott offers 11,000 sq ft of newly renovated meeting space that is perfect for business, weddings, and social events of any size. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Marriott, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Springfield Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.