“Everything we need for one night” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Springfield
NJ
“Everything we need for one night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here after a long day at Six Flags. Check in was quick, room was clean and modern. We ate at Champions for dinner at 11pm, and then slept well in the comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet was great for our large group. No complaints about our quick visit to the Marriott Springfield.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
waterford, ct
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay with a group for a baseball tournament in the Springfield area. We had about 40 people.
The front deck staff was very accomodating. There was some question as to whether we would need 2 nights or 3 nights. They were willing to let us cancel the third night if our team lost. A late checkout on the third day was no problem either.
Our room was immaculate when we arrived. I had requested extra pillows and towels which were in the room upon arrival also. The housekeeping staff was always pleasant. We did not request anything special from housekeeping, but I believe any request would have been fulfilled if at all possible. The room was also cleaned thouroughly and all toiletries, towels, etc. were restocked each day without having to request anything.
There were many groups at the Marriott when we were there. Some teams, some wedding parties, and others. The hotel was full, but we were never inconvenienced or received poor service because of it. There was a short wait for breakfast on Sunday morning.
Our room rate included breakfast - for 2 adults. We had 2 adults and our 14 year old son in the room. The charge was handled differently every day we were there. The first day we were not charged at all. The receipt was for 2 Adults, 2 Children. The second day we were charged an 18% gratuity - too much for a buffet in my opinion. The third day we were charged for 1 adult breakfast and 18% gratuity, however, the charge that showed up on our bill was much higher and had to be researched. We were not upset by the mix up - the breakfast buffet is very good, and our room rate was reasonable, but there does seem to be an issue with consistency among how servers ring up the charges.
The hotel is connected to a "mall" with a couple of shops - Dunkin Donuts, CVS, but mostly empty storefronts.
There were plenty of public spaces at the hotel for the kids to hang out. The lobby was a busy place much of the time. The sundeck outside of the pool was also nice for hanging out. We spent some time at Champions - the sports bar and restaurant on site. Folks from our group kept wandering in, and the waitstaff just kept adding on to the table. We probably had 25 people at the table at one time. We were not able to get seperate checks, so we all had to split it, but it worked for us. The service was quite pleasant - didn't throw them when folks came or left.

A couple of negatives:
1. the key cards for the garage often did not work. The gates are not always manned, so you have to hit a call button and someone has to come to help. The slearance in the garage is 6'4" so no car top carriers, etc.. I don't know if they have alternate parking for oversized vehicles. Also parking is $14/day.
2. Be aware that on-site "laundry" consists of one small stack unit - washer and dryer. If you are in town with a team that needs uniforms cleaned, it would be better to go to a laundromat.
3. The bathroom has a toilet and tub/shower. It is VERY small. The vanity is outside of the bathroom, which makes it manageable. It was all very clean though.
4. Some of our group had rooms which faced the street. They requested to be moved after the first night because it was so loud. Our room faced the courtyard, and it was very quiet. I did not hear hallway noise even with a number of sports teams at the hotel.
5. Internet is pricey in the rooms, but wireless is free in the lobby.

All in all, we had a great stay. I would not hesitate to stay at or recommend the Springfield Marriott again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard - not the street, odd numbered rooms are much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Parking costs an extra $14 per day, but the garage is attached to the hotel with direct access to the lobby. In-room wifi costs extra too, but the business center is free with free printers (there are only two computers). This place is nothing fancy, but it's clean and safe and easy to get to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Williamstown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel because he was having surgery in Springfield, MA. It is a very nice facility overall, and, from all I can gather, one of the best choices in the area. The lobby is large and well-appointed and the staff helpful and pleasant. Although there were two very large groups staying at the hotel at the time that we were, the hotel did not seem undone by these crowds, and we certainly did not have any trouble with hall noise or long queues for service. The rooms are a bit tired and outdated but certainly adequate, and the beds quite comfortable. The bathroom in our room was quite small, but it was fine and nice to have the basin in an anteroom outside of the actual bathroom. The best feature of this hotel, however, is their restaurant--Currents. We have traveled extensively and know fine food, and I must say that the cuisine at Currents is some of the best we've ever had! Really! If we have to stay in Springfield again, I'll be sure to book us at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
nymetfan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Excellent hotel
* Friendly staff , especially at the front desk
* Quiet, very comfortable and clean room.
* Excellent Fitness Room and clean pool area
* Nice Pub, reasonable prices
* Good breakfast buffet although a bit pricey,
* 2 blocks from Mass Mutual Center

One negative.... $14.00 a day to park the car,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

June 20, 2011 – Traveling for business, I had the opportunity to spend another night at the Marriott in Springfield Massachusetts. The hotel is located adjacent to I91 at Tower Square in downtown Springfield.

Check in was fast, even by Marriott standards. Giving my name I was handed a packet with my room key and asked if I needed any assistance, which I did not. The whole process took about 15 seconds!

My room was 1111 which was a city view room and quieter than even number rooms which face Interstate 91. This was probably my 20th stay at this hotel, but the first in about five years. I was here on 9/11 so the Springfield Marriott has some special memories for me.

Since my last stay, the only change that I could notice was the change to flat screen TV’s. I was happy to see that there was high definition programming too. In the armoire where the TV used to be located were a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. Next to the TV was Marriott’s plug-in panel which is great if you want to connect your computer and use the TV as a large monitor.

The decor of my room was contemporary and everything was very functional and comfortable. The room was perfectly clean when I arrived and everything was in good working order.

The room had a two-level desk with good lighting and a very comfortable office-style chair. There were multiple outlets on the base of the desk lamp. I used the hotel provided ibahn internet service. Internet speed was acceptable and connected easily to my company’s VPN.

The bed was firm and very comfortable. Nightstands on both sides of the bed had lamps, but I had to move the night stands out from the wall to access the electrical outlets. Pillows and linens were all excellent quality. My room was perfectly quite and I slept very well.

I had breakfast in the 16th floor concierge lounge. Scrambled eggs and ham were offered hot and there was a large variety of continental breakfast items. The coffee was very good!

Service at the hotel was excellent. Everyone that I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. I can recommend the Springfield Marriott and think it is the best hotel in Springfield.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We had a very nice time. We pulled in about 11:00 PM and were greeted by a young bellman that took our luggage from our car up to our room. the room was very nice and was equipped with a television on top of a cabinet, refrigerator(that was inside the cabinet), a desk, phone, high speed wireless internet, 2 queen beds, a clock/radio unit, AC/heating unit, a standard bathroom with a bath/shower unit, a fire alarm/strobe device and a smoke detector. In the morning, we ate at Currents Restaurant And Bar which is located in the lobby. Also in the morning, we had a great view of downtown. if your in springfield, this hotel is for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!