“Clean and comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Springfield
Cleveland, Ohio
“Clean and comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Parking costs an extra $14 per day, but the garage is attached to the hotel with direct access to the lobby. In-room wifi costs extra too, but the business center is free with free printers (there are only two computers). This place is nothing fancy, but it's clean and safe and easy to get to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Williamstown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel because he was having surgery in Springfield, MA. It is a very nice facility overall, and, from all I can gather, one of the best choices in the area. The lobby is large and well-appointed and the staff helpful and pleasant. Although there were two very large groups staying at the hotel at the time that we were, the hotel did not seem undone by these crowds, and we certainly did not have any trouble with hall noise or long queues for service. The rooms are a bit tired and outdated but certainly adequate, and the beds quite comfortable. The bathroom in our room was quite small, but it was fine and nice to have the basin in an anteroom outside of the actual bathroom. The best feature of this hotel, however, is their restaurant--Currents. We have traveled extensively and know fine food, and I must say that the cuisine at Currents is some of the best we've ever had! Really! If we have to stay in Springfield again, I'll be sure to book us at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
nymetfan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Excellent hotel
* Friendly staff , especially at the front desk
* Quiet, very comfortable and clean room.
* Excellent Fitness Room and clean pool area
* Nice Pub, reasonable prices
* Good breakfast buffet although a bit pricey,
* 2 blocks from Mass Mutual Center

One negative.... $14.00 a day to park the car,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Huntington Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

June 20, 2011 – Traveling for business, I had the opportunity to spend another night at the Marriott in Springfield Massachusetts. The hotel is located adjacent to I91 at Tower Square in downtown Springfield.

Check in was fast, even by Marriott standards. Giving my name I was handed a packet with my room key and asked if I needed any assistance, which I did not. The whole process took about 15 seconds!

My room was 1111 which was a city view room and quieter than even number rooms which face Interstate 91. This was probably my 20th stay at this hotel, but the first in about five years. I was here on 9/11 so the Springfield Marriott has some special memories for me.

Since my last stay, the only change that I could notice was the change to flat screen TV’s. I was happy to see that there was high definition programming too. In the armoire where the TV used to be located were a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. Next to the TV was Marriott’s plug-in panel which is great if you want to connect your computer and use the TV as a large monitor.

The decor of my room was contemporary and everything was very functional and comfortable. The room was perfectly clean when I arrived and everything was in good working order.

The room had a two-level desk with good lighting and a very comfortable office-style chair. There were multiple outlets on the base of the desk lamp. I used the hotel provided ibahn internet service. Internet speed was acceptable and connected easily to my company’s VPN.

The bed was firm and very comfortable. Nightstands on both sides of the bed had lamps, but I had to move the night stands out from the wall to access the electrical outlets. Pillows and linens were all excellent quality. My room was perfectly quite and I slept very well.

I had breakfast in the 16th floor concierge lounge. Scrambled eggs and ham were offered hot and there was a large variety of continental breakfast items. The coffee was very good!

Service at the hotel was excellent. Everyone that I came in contact with was friendly and helpful. I can recommend the Springfield Marriott and think it is the best hotel in Springfield.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We had a very nice time. We pulled in about 11:00 PM and were greeted by a young bellman that took our luggage from our car up to our room. the room was very nice and was equipped with a television on top of a cabinet, refrigerator(that was inside the cabinet), a desk, phone, high speed wireless internet, 2 queen beds, a clock/radio unit, AC/heating unit, a standard bathroom with a bath/shower unit, a fire alarm/strobe device and a smoke detector. In the morning, we ate at Currents Restaurant And Bar which is located in the lobby. Also in the morning, we had a great view of downtown. if your in springfield, this hotel is for you.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Very nice, clean rooms. Very small outside pool (don't let the website picture fool you). Claims to have high-speed internet but they do not (less than 1.0 Mbps - this is not high-speed!!). Friendly staff and good breakfast choices.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during one of the many blizzards this year. The check in was quick and friendly. Room was a little small but clean and comfortable. Sports bar was great and u enjoyed pool. The breakfast buffet was a little pricy but tasty. All staff members seemed very friendly and helpful. The only downside is paying to park yhe car. I would deff stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Springfield Marriott? Share your experiences!