“Yum” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 314 Restaurants in Springfield
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I come here regularly. They have such amazing foods and variety! I love their pernil sandwich I always get a large and share with someone. Or the relleno De papa are my absolute fave I can eat like 1 and be full but I always buy 3. The sugar donuts remind of the ones straight from the island. They have all types of meals rice and beans, pernil, chuleta frita. You can always find something to fill your belly for a great price.

Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Sandwich Goodness!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Was springing a friend out of Mercy Hospital around 1:30 in afternoon. We were starving but had to get on the road for an hour trip home. Found Puerto Rico Bakery on trip advisor and it was part way between hospital and highway. We split the large tripleta and we had leftovers! Had it made their way and it was excellent! One of best sandwiches either of us have had in years! Also bought a pan of flan and another payed pastry. All were excellent! And total was less than $15! Can't beat that!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fresh Pastries, Excellent Grinders”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very affordable, casual, and cafeteria style dinning --nothing fancy, which worked well for us. Line was long even though we went after rush hour, but I take this as a good sign. The tripleta was excellent, absolutely delicious, worth trying. We also had the mofongo, which was a bit dry for my taste, and the meat, which was very tender, but not super flavorful. The pastries were also delicious, fresh, and possibly as good as the ones originally from PR --also worth having. We bought a bunch of the mini quesitos and guava pastries to take with us. All in all the food was good, I am happy that we tried it, and we would definitely return when/if back in the area. It hit the spot!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Tripleta!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Although i am normally the person at work spreading food wisdom, i recently ate here on a reference from a coworker who raved about the sandwiches here. He brought me a sandwich back that i cant go a week without now. Its called the "Tripleta", its a blend of three meats and 4 cheeses. Crazy thing is they sell these huge grinders for $6.75! Grinder shops around my way wouldn't sell a sandwich of this size for less that $10. I went to the actual store for the first time (my coworker has picked the food up every time until now) yesterday to order 4 of them for myself and my family. For $27.00 my entire family ate a quick, yet delicious meal, and they now will have to tell there friends and coworkers because this place is a necessary try. Haven't tried anything else from there, but after seeing there pastries, this place will be reaching into my wallet for years to come. Muchos Gracias!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Best Bread Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The bread is always soft and fresh, so good you don't even need to make anything with it, just cut off a piece and enjoy. The sugar donuts are the best, and their cupcakes and bakery items never disappoint. They offer tasty sandwiches, but be prepared for a wait if you order one.

Visited June 2013