“Wow! Pleasantly surprised at the healthy food options” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Max's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 316 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Hartford's premier restaurant group has opened in Springfield, Massachusetts at the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Basketball Hall of Fame, Max's Tavern promises to deliver the same dining experience that our Connecticut customers have come to know and expect. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Max's Tavern innovative menu will feature contemporary American cuisine including some of Max's favorite "Chop House" classics. Max is the exclusive caterer for all Hall of Fame special events. Host your next function on Center Court, Jam Session, the Mass Mutual Room or in the private dining room of Max's Tavern. So whether you are a sports fanatic or a dining enthusiast, complete your next tour of the Hall of Fame with a trip to Max's Tavern.
Louisiana
“Wow! Pleasantly surprised at the healthy food options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My hotel front desk staff recommended this place when I said I don't est burgers. Wow. Service was great. My server suggested the new kale salad for starter. This is a must and a great options for boring dinner salads. I had the roasted chicken with root vegetables. One of the best chicken dishes I've ever had. Very juicy and tender and crispy at the same time. If I was staying longer I would definitely return for dinner tomorrow.

Visited October 2013

“Glad I had a gift card”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch to use a gift card I'd received from a family member that raves about this place.
Once we got past the hostess that looked like we were putting her through an inconvenience to seat us, we were met ten minutes after we sat down by our very unattentive waiter.
We ordered French onion soup which was tasteless and both ordered salads -- salads that had no effort put into the way that they look, just thrown on the plate. I ordered the iceberg with blue cheese and grilled flank steak. I didn't like anything about it. My friend's salad was a little more aesthetically pleasing but she did not enjoy her's either taste wise.
All in all I could have put up with the mediocre food if the staff has been a little more pleasant and made themselves a little more available. I was surprised we only saw our waiter a few times as it was lunch and we were only one of two tables in the whole dining area.
All in all I'm glad we had a gift card for a sixty dollar lunch that could have been done better at applebees.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Somers, Connecticut
“Great service Very Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is one of the better restaurants in the Springfield area. The strong points are the beef and seafood. In my opinion, Max Tavern has the potential to be one of the best the only shortcoming is that every time we go (usually in a group) someone has something that is not up to standard. I should note this is during dinner with a large group and the orders are usually extensive. In the end I would not stop going as the service is excellent if something is not to standard they have always attempted to make to right.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We went to Max's for lunch on the recommendation of a doctor at Bay State Medical. The food was delicious, the portions were generous and the price was quite reasonable. Our waitress was professional and friendly. Would definitely return when we are in the area again.

Visited September 2013
Mad River Valley
“A Sunday Night Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Once we made it past the cold and sour hostess, we found the food and remaining service to be well above average. Our waitress was warm and enthusiastic, as well as very helpful in pointing out special menu items of note. The food was perfectly prepared and though pricy, is worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere