“Best BBQ....only BBQ really ;)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 310 restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Best BBQ....only BBQ really ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. The Mac n cheese, pulled pork, ribs, oh the corn bread is tooooo die for. The down side to this place is it's location. I know they probably have ties to the city but I swear if they went into west side or Agawam I would be there once a week! I only get take out once and a whole bc parking is a hassle and it's just a scary neighborhood hands down....my husband is a cop and he also agrees its bad news! People get shot on Worthington more often then I'd like! Anyway- great food- glad they are #1 here!!!

• Visited November 2012

93% Recommend
Long Island, New York
“Spot on BBQ, Bad Neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Since I don't frequent BBQ joints all that often, I felt compelled to only rate this joint "Very Good". However, this one ranks right up there with some of the best that I have eaten at. Since I'm a huge fan of short ribs, I ordered the rack of four. Holy cow, what an oxymoron, as these short ribs were long and big, not to mention juicy, tender, and full of taste. In fact, everything I ordered was spot on. I would, however, be doing this review an injustice if I did not mention that this restaurant is in a "bad" part of town and I would not recommend late night visits. If you can get past that one deterrent, you'll have yourself a good ol' meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Place to spend the Afternoon - Retirement Party or Just a Get Together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Friends from the school I work at recently held my retirement party in the 'Back Room'. There was plenty of space for eating, drinking, moving around and visiting. There are also 2 pool tables in this area. There was a bar with a bartender and lots of place to socialize and have a lot of good fun..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very good barbecue with a great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten a lot of barbecue and the place was as good as any of them. Pulled pork was delicious and homemade sauces were outstanding. Three different sauces included a sweet bourbon, a spicy chipotle and a vinegary Carolina mustard. Good sides and sweet tea finished it off.

Elkton, Florida
“Best BBQ; Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have traveled all over the country and have eaten BBQ at many locations throughout the South and Midwest. I was surprised to find the best BBQ I have experienced in an establishment in the northeast. Theodore's is a great neighborhood bar with a relaxed Blues atmosphere, plenty of sports on the TVs and the best BBQ at very reasonable prices.