“BLUES 'N BBQ's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“BLUES 'N BBQ's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

If you love blues music and BBQ type foods, then this is the place for you. They have both booth and table seating, eating/drinking and 'live' band area is pretty large

Visited March 2012

Rumson, New Jersey, United States
“Theo's blues and and Barbeque rocks our World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I have been twice and had a great meal both times.The Barbeque ribs wet were perfect,They were fall off the bone tender and the sauce was great. The cornbread was excellent ,the greens were the best you will find north of the mason Dixon line.The second night I had the beef brisket and it was outstanding.Slow cooked it was to die for.
We went back two days in a row. As it was so good.The corn fritter appetizers were excellent and it was just as good as the first night.
Our server was friendly and explained the various smoke methods used in preparation .
I have lived and traveled. All over the South and find good Barbeque hard to find in the NorthEast and This place is one of the best I have found.As a musician in a blues band I have eaten lots of Barbeque and. Tis place is a refreshing change for what passess for Barbeque Orth of the mason dixon line.
If you are in Sprinfield this place is a must see.

Whippany, New Jersey
“Great barbeque restaurant in downtown springfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a great restaurant if you love great good, great fun and a lot of blues music. The hostesses were nice enough to accommodate our party after a hockey game and our changing numbers. The free popcorn was great, the ribs were fall off the none awesome. The chicken and sausage etoufee was great and spicy. The fried pickles were the best we have ever had. The prices are very fair and the beer is nice and cold. Would do again in a minute when visiting.Springfield.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Holy Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Was in town for a conference, and was wowed for the second time by this unpretentious bbq blues bar/restaurant. I dont even know what I liked better ... the rack of babyback ribs smothered in bourbon bbq sauce; the superb sides of warm cornbread, coleslaw, baked beans and slightly spicy and lemony collard greens; the refreshing beer on tap; or the wonderful, friendly and speedy service.

I could say that the chairs aren't super comfy (especially the bar stools) for long durations ... but we were served so fast, and by the time the food came we were so focused on the flavours ... that the stiff chairs seemed just fine. We were in and out of there within 90 minutes on a Friday night at 7 pm.

So when you go, eat some BBQ and prepare for your tastebuds to light up!

PS. Husband had the dry rub trible rib combo, and he found the ribs to be overcooked and dry. So be warned, and go for the bbq sauce version.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Visited here on a quiet Sunday evening after spending the afternoon at the Springfield Museums (less than a mile away). I ordered the burnt ends and collards, boyfriend hot wings and mac n' cheese. We both really enjoyed our meals. Burnt ends were melt in your mouth delicious. We also ordered a yummy slice of peanut butter fudge pie and walked out under $35 (including tax and 20% tip), which was awesome!
The wait staff was attentive and friendly, and the atmosphere was laid back and enjoyable.
This was an all-around great experience. I wish I lived closer so I could make this a favorite spot!
Note: If visiting on a Sunday, restaurant does not open until 4PM.

• Visited November 2012