“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Springfield
East Sandwich, MA
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. Stayed there one night and all but one of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The woman that checked us in was not very welcoming or friendly but there was a younger gentleman that was very helpful and accommodating when we asked for directions to an area restaurant. Did not like the breakfast; last spring I stayed at a La Quinta in Manchester, NH and the breakfast was amazing, scrambled eggs and meats along with all the other breakfast foods. The food here was nothing like that and all the juices were very watery. But for the price and the hotel itself, I would definitely stay here again. Great to have free parking and free WiFi as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
William C, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,
Thank you for providing us with great feedback. Our goal at La Quinta is to improve our quality of service and product, but we cannot fulfill these goals without the feedback from guest like you. We will go over the breakfast options with our breakfast supervisors and analyze what areas need improvements. We would also like to apologize for your check in experience. We will address the welcoming aspect of our check in process with ALL of our staff members to make sure that every guest steps into a friendly and welcoming environment. Again, thank you very much for your time and for choosing La Quinta Springfield MA.

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here during a college visit trip with my daughter and was very happy with every aspect of the hotel, including the fact that the hotel rooms, while right on top of a major roadway, were quiet; the front desk attendant was very friendly; the room was very comfortable and seemingly clean. The breakfast was ok and I was disappointed that they (1) didn't keep the fresh fruit bowl filled and (2) ran out of milk for cereal/coffee. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It isn't the cheapest in the area, but I don't go cheap when visiting new towns...because you end up getting what you pay for.

Room Tip: If visiting the area while looking at colleges with your child then be sure to mention that to the r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Market, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. The bed was extremly comfortable. We moved to a second room immediately after check-in due to some strange looking substance in the bath tub of the first room. Breakfast was okay, but I wish they had some type of breakfast meat available. The dining area was clean.
I chose this hotel due to it's Tripadvisor rating and because it is pet friendly. I also chose it because it had no history of any "creepy crawly" things. I traveled with my 8 lb. Pom. I recommend this hotel and would stay in it again if the need to visit the area arose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Recent Guest,
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with our property. We do apologize for your encounter with the odd bath substance, but we will address this with our housekeeping department. Again, we are pleased to hear that you had a great stay at La Quinta Springfield MA.
Thank you for choosing La Quinta.
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night, arrived late in the evening.
The Guy at the Reception was very friendly, giving us good suggestions for dinner.
Room and bathroom very comfortable, great bed, very clean.
Breakfast was ok.
I recommend this Hotel for short stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked a room with 2 queen beds and the sleep sofa for myself and 2 friends over Labor Day weekend. We paid $286.41 for 2 nights.

I tried to check us in early but was turned away because they had to prepare for a very large group, which is understandable. However, much to my chagrin, the front desk clerk was not friendly or happy like those mentioned in other reviews. She was just matter of fact. Even when we returned hours later she was still without personality.

Our room was clean and housekeeping did a very good job daily.

The sleep sofa's mattress was extremely uncomfortable. I felt every spring. Even a mattress topper wouldn't be enough to get comfortable.

We enjoyed the free breakfast both mornings. Due to the holiday weekend, there was a long line but people eventually split up into 2 lines, one for the waffle makers and one for everything else. Breakfast options included cold cereals, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit medley, bacon, eggs, pastries, toast, coffee, and tea. I'm forgetting a few items.

The hotel sits between downtown Springfield, a place I wouldn't visit after dark, and a Latino neighborhood with a mercado/panaderia (market/bakery). It reminded me of the ones in Southern CA. Puerto Rico Bakery 2917 Main St, Springfield, MA 01107

A few days after the trip I received an e-mail from the general manager, Shardool Parmar, thanking me for staying and an e-mail link to a survey. In addition to filling out the survey, I e-mailed Shardool Parmar directly regarding how bad the sleep sofa was. I never heard back.

So, it is because of the terrible sleep sofa, the unfriendly front desk clerk, and the general manager's disregard for my letter that they only get a 3 out of 5 points.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on a floor without large parties such as weddings or athletic teams.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
William C, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Recent Guest,
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for taking your time in providing our hotel with great feedback. We do however; apologize for encountering an unfriendly front desk staff member, experiencing an uncomfortable sleeper sofa, and for our manager not responding to your email. La Quinta Springfield MA strives for excellent customer service through our "here for you" philosophy. We will make sure the unfriendly Front Desk and the sleeper sofa issue gets addressed in our next staff meeting so we can make the proper improvements. In regards to the manager not responding to your email, we do have a strong policy in place that requires our managers to respond to all guest issues, compliments, and complaints whether is via email, phone or in person. The manager and I searched through our emails and we could not find any response regarding this matter. Again, we apologize for not responding to your email but remember, it is feedback from guest like you that we continue to improve the quality of our service and the product of our hotel.
Thank you very much for your time and for choosing La Quinta Springfield MA.
Hope to see you again!!!

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield? Share your experiences!