“Amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts, United States
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We went here two times - definitely a keeper.
The place is a huge two story building, with a bar, a beautiful decor, and a nice view. The staff is friendly and informative. Can be a bit crowded/loud.
The food is good portions for a good price. I especially love their guacamole - prepared fresh in front of you! (Now we have their recipe, hahaha) We have been to many Mexican restaurants but seriously, MG's guacamole has such a bold fresh flavor, hands down!
Very nice place for a family/date dinner, will be coming back :)

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Franklin, Kentucky
“Beyond the Ordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Friends of mine took me to dinner at Mama Iguana's and to say that I was delight would be an understatement.

The restaurant has a unique atmosphere. From the moment you enter the restaurant you know you made the right decision to eat there. The bar area is nicely designed, the colors are outstanding, the decor jumps out at you (interesting) and the service is first class.

The food was great and served shortly after ordered. Come early to get a good seat or you just might have to wait a while (but it will be worth it).

Dr. Clark, PS 63:7

Visited March 2012
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Order the right food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Everytime I've gone to Mama Iguana's I've been very pleased but I've always ordered suggested entrees from the waitstaff. Steak Fajitas, Tuna (not fish) Tacos, or Pulled Pork Enchiladas are GREAT. Other entrees that have been ordered by others in my party have been just OK. But, go with one of these and you'll be in heaven. They were slow to serve too so be prepared to wait. Be patient, it's worth it. Maybe bring a Monopoly game after you order!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Massachusetts
“A fun night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

After reading the lackluster reviews ,I was reluctant to give this place a try...glad I did! Exceptional service , yummy fish tacos , perfect guacamole and the best coconut mojitos I've ever had.Everyone enjoyed their choices , great night!...Perhaps they worked out their kinks with staffing ???Definitely a thumbs up- we will return.

Visited December 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“A good choice for theme-style downtown dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We are fans of all the Spoleto's Restaurants and have enjoyed the Mama Iguana's in Northampton for years. I wanted to wait a few months after opening before we went here so that all the kinks were worked out, and I think that was a wise choice. The food was prepared well, and arrived hot. I got the daily special which was a chimichanga and it was a very good deal for the price. My family had quesadillas and enchiladas and everyone seemed satisfied. My only complaint would be that the drink service was a little slow. I don't know if the fact that we were upstairs had anything to do with that, but next time I think we will ask to be seated downstairs. This building is rumored to be "jinxed" because the previous restaurants absentee owners had eavesdropping equipment all over the place, but I think the new owners have proved that the venue is safe.

• Visited November 2011