“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

2716 Halibut Point Road #13, Sitka, AK 99835
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 27 Activities in Sitka
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Black Bart Charters is a Sitka Alaska Wildlife Tour. Offered are two or three hour tours watching whales, sea lions, sea otters, eagles bears, puffins and so much more. Most bookings are arranged and confirmed over the phone by calling 907-747-7416 or cell at 907-738-6542. The boat is very clean, safe and fast with a fully covered back deck. Everyone gets a pair of binoculars to use aboard and free beverages. Capt Mitchell is fun, salty and full of knowledge and anecdotes. Welcome aboard.
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Worth the price, seen Alaska in a whole new way after this tour, I could not believe how amazing it was, the things you see are incredible! MUST DO

Miami, Florida
“Made our trip to Alaska”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a must do! Mitch is friendly, warm, accommodating , knowledgeable , funny, just a great person to spend the day with. While on a cruise, the trip we wanted to do with the ship was sold out, did some searching and found AAA Captain Black Bart Charters, this was the best tour we did while on the trip, in fact he made our trip to Alaska. Before heading out he asked what we wanted to see, and went out of his way to make sure we saw it. He has lived in Sitka since the late 70's so it was great getting some history. We saw whales, eagles, otter float, seals, birds. Do yourself a favor and booked this trip, you will have a fantastic day, Captain Black will make sure of that.

Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Great tour for the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had a fabulous tour! Captain Mitch was the best! He was so friendly and informative - funny too! We were able to see whales, sea otters, seals and eagles. We also went on the search for bears but since they were just coming out of hibernation, they were a bit allusive at this time! The boat is very fast and can cover a lot of ground in a short time. There were only 6 people on the tour and the boat has a lot of space to move around for photos. Drinks and binoculars are even provided!

I loved this tour and Captain Mitch. He was so accommodating and helpful to fit us in on short notice. Thanks to Carnival our itinerary had changed so I made my own arrangements - not through the cruise people. I'm so glad we actually went to Sitka instead of Skagway so that we had the chance to go on this tour and meat this wonderful person! This was one of the highlights of our tour. My great friend was celebrating her 60th birthday - she could not stop talking about this day! Thank you Captain and all of our other tour mates! Keep up the great work and keep smiling!

San Diego, California
“Worth the money for a 2 hour tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a great tour. Saw lots of wildlife including whales, eagles and sea otters - so cute! Plenty of room on boat for taking photo's - not like the Cruise tours where everyone is packed tight!

If we ever get to Sitka again we will definitely go on this tour one more time. Captain Black can not, of course, control what wildlife you will or will not see, but he sure has the experience to know what areas are best to visit!

I did ask him about the one really negative review I saw on Trip Adviser and his comment was that it turned out the review was about a different boat tour - not his - but that he was unable to get the review removed.

Visited September 2013
Sitka, Alaska, United States
“Best experience of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Captain Mitch was so awesome! He was so friendly and helpful that day out of the water! He made me feel at ease on my first time out on the ocean! We seen so much that day including whales, sea otters, eagles, fish and so much more to even list! Of course nothing is guarenteed but he knew where to look and go and you can tell he has been doing this for a very long time. I had such of an amazing time that I would tell everyone to pick this charter if you want to have a friendly, free spirited and funny man as your captain! I have lived in Sitka for 4 years and so I had my pick of the litter and I am so happy I picked this one!
A few days after my adventure captain Mitch met my 4 year old son and took a shine to him. So captain Mitch called me up and asked if he could take my little one for one of his adventures and be his co-captain. My son can not stop talking about it to this day! I trust captain Mitch so much that I let my 4 year old son go out on his own with him!(and I am a very protective mommy when it comes to my little on) They say kids have a great sense of character and I believe that. Even my son can tell when it's a good time because he wants to go out again all the time with him! I will leave this with this message.....if you want to have a great experience with the most experienced that pick AAA Captain Black Bart Charters, you will not be let down one bit! Now my son would like to write a few words on his experience......htihtuihotyuo5uy5n5hi5uytintibsuyinuiyseenrbirutbrnotbesubtroepuposuoeriusbnbesbppoeseseoibeuyb54\67777783bwyt ovb483yb67wb4y bvo (so he says "it was a lot of fun and I sat on the chair so I didn't fall and I had a window open") I know you all will have the best of time just like we did! I know we will be going back again and again and will tell everyone we meet to pick this boat! Thank you Mitch!

Visited July 2013