“Everything you would hope for in Alaska” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Talon Lodge & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sitka
Talon Lodge & Spa
PO Box 6506, Sitka, AK 99835   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Specialty lodging in Sitka
Phoenix, Arizona
“Everything you would hope for in Alaska”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Talon lodge is special in every way. The People, the place, the beauty, the fishing, the food and every adventure. Cannot wait to return. Loved every minute! We arrived at the airport and every minute from bag claim on was perfect . The unique touch on every meal, all the appetizers, the setting... We had an amazing time . We give Talon our highest recommendation. If you have a chance, go!!! We caught salmon, halibut, ling cod, black cod, and rockfish galore.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This must be one of the most exceptional fishing lodges in the world! My wife and I had the very good fortune to make our first visit to the lodge in early September. It will not be our last visit. We were so impressed that we booked reservations for next year before departing for home! The fishing was excellent but we were also very impressed with the people that we met including owners (Phil and Gwen), their entire team and other guests. The first class fishing and knowledgable Captains are a given! The accommodations, food, libations and lodge atmosphere made a fantastic lasting impression. I strongly recommend the lodge if you are seeking an outstanding five star memorable experience. Luxury fishing and indulgence at its very best!

• Stayed September 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

They say that the beach bar is one of the top beach bars in the USA - I would agree.
They said the food rivals that of any 5 star restaurant - it did.
They said the island and the surrounding area would be beautiful - it is.
They said the fishing would be fantastic - it was.
The owners and their staff managed to bring together a group of guests that came together as strangers and departed as new friends. Fishing, spa, food, staff service, accommodations and more were 5 stars in my book. Lots of pampering, fun and tons of fish! Hope to return.

Room Tip: Some rooms have stairs so let them know if you would rather have a room with one level.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
houston, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from Our second visit to Talon Lodge and are more in love with it than ever. First class fishing with knowledgable captains and breathtaking views. We were there during the chef series, which I highly recommend , although the wine series last year was just as enjoyable. I came home with 2 boxes of fresh fish caught by me! The processors they use are fantastic and the fish, even after a week in the freezer, taste like I caught it this morning. We already have out spots reserved for next year!

• Stayed July 2013
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had the great fortune again this year to visit Talon, my 6th or 7th visit, but who’s counting. This year I brought my oldest son who just graduated from college. To say he "loved it" is putting it mildly. One of the things I like the most about Talon is the type of people it seems to attract as fellow guest. What nice people we shared our vacation with this year. Phil, Gwen and the entire staff continue to provide an outstanding experience. Each year they come up with new ideas to improve your trip. This year it was the last night dinner, cooked and served “al fresco” by Chefs Woody and BA. I strongly recommend the “Visiting Chef” dates. This year it was Sam Choy. Great guy, funny, and that boy can cook! See you next year in Sitka.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

If you enjoy incredible views, exceptional accommodations,and some of the best fishing in the world then the Talon Lodge is the perfect vacation destination for you! The food was amazing, and Phil, Gwen, and the staff are simply unforgettable.

• Stayed May 2013
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I traveled to Talon Lodge in May of 2012 with friends. My first impression of the lodge was " how could they build such a beautiful place and keep it looking so nice in such a rough environment." After I met the owners and staff and saw how hard they worked I understood. The attention to detail by all was spot on. From the comfortable beds and rooms to expertly prepared cuisine, to the outstanding service on the fishing boats. A special shout out to Brooks and his crew and to Phil the owner, their hospitality made the whole experience seem like you we're staying with family. This is the best fishing vacation I have ever been on will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: Bring different cloths for changing weather conditions.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Talon Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!