“Great views of beautiful scenery” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 27 Activities in Sitka
Type: Tours, Adventure
Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Great views of beautiful scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Sitka Sound is beautiful -- islands, forests, wildlife -- and getting on a boat for close-up views was a great way to view it. Jim gave us a personalized tour and made good effort to take us where we could see whales, sea otters, eagles, etc. The landscape itself is worth the trip. (The water can get rocky.)

Sandpoint
“Extraordinary - one of the greatest adventures of my life!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

If you are looking for a high quality adventure with someone who is personable, knowledgeable, and a heck of a lot of fun, Jim (owner of Sitka Sound Tours) is the guy to contact. My husband and I were lucky enough to contact Jim before we arrived in Sitka so that we could plan some amazing outings. We went whale and wildlife watching, and, our favorite, at our request, Jim took us to an off-the-beaten path hike that we will never forget. He helped us enjoy one of the best vacations we have ever had and we have been on a lot of amazing journeys!

New York City, New York
26 attraction reviews
“Definitely a highlight of our trip to AK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

AK is OK but I came away thinking Sitka is beautiful partly based on my experience on this tour. There were 6 of us and the boat was the perfect size for us. We got to see sea lions, eagles, a salmon hatchery and beautiful scenery as we were guided by Jim who is knowledgable, passionate and authentic. We had two children with us and I know they were knocked by what they saw, what we did and what we learned. I highly recommend this tour.

MIAMI
8 attraction reviews
“please do not waste your money in this tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We took a cruises to Alaska 2 wks ago, and book this tour because of the good rewiew in tripadvisor. Firstable $ 260 (give me a break) for the 2 of us to see a few seals, a whale so far way that you could even see it , and to make things worst a very uncomfortable small boat. We had the chance to see more whale and seals from the balcony of our room in the ship than in this tour .Overall a waste of money and not a good experience at all...

Jim S, Owner at Sitka Sound Tours, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I regret that this person did not enjoy their time with Sitka Sound Tours. I have been in business since 2005 and do not recall one guest who complained about the quality of my tours in spite of infrequent marginal conditions such as heavy rain or wind or simply lack of whale sightings (this can be challenging sometimes). Sitka Sound Tours takes each trip personally and endeavors to provide the very best of what Sitka Sound has to offer. Sometimes I fall short but not for lack of trying. My preference would be that dissatisfied guests let me know firsthand so I can improve quality of service for future visitors. I do make a point of asking all of my guests if they enjoyed their trip.
USA
“Great experience-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

Jim and EJ took our family of four out for a wonderful and personalized tour of Sitka Sound; Jim knows where to look for wildlife and offers a wealth of information about the wildlife and the area itself. Sitka is a breathtaking spot- we enjoyed ourselves immensely and would recommend Jim without hesitation.

Been to Sitka Sound Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sitka Sound Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.