“Extremely Satisfied, will definitely say there again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Luray
Bellefonte, United States
“Extremely Satisfied, will definitely say there again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Extremely Satisfied, will definitely say there again! I got in late that night and the hotel manager John was there to greet us after a long drive, his professional appearance and caring attitude made us feel as if we were at home. The room was very clean and neat, my daughter was watching her favorite TV show from the Comcast on demand, that she missed on our drive. I was able to access the In-room internet to fix some email problems at my work in PA, the speed was great. The bed was just right; I had a very good night’s sleep, then a long hot shower in the morning, with in-room coffee. We had a very good hot breakfast the restaurant, and off the Luray Caverns.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am glade that your stay was so pleasant and look forward to you staying with us again .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This place could of been worse. I don't think I would return.The staff was really friendly and the housekeeping ladies were very nice and attentive. I just think it was outdated and not for me. This town is pretty small so there were not many options.

Stayed May 2014
I am glade that our staff was able to do a good job. I hope that some of the renovations we have planned for the very near future will help bring us more up to date.
Rockville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

At least my husband and toddler didn't get any.

They also verbally promised 135 on the phone then charged 150 when we arrived. Also dozens of flies in the room. There was a lot of splotchy mold on the bathroom ceiling. The floor didn't
look very clean. Fixtures all looked really no old and in need of updating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I am sorry to hear about the problems with your stay . I personally look into why there was a discrepancy in the rates that was quoted. We are aware of the issues with the flies and are working on it, but this is a rural area and flies are every ware. We also have renovations planned for the very new future for the lighting and bathrooms
Abingdon, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I would love to upload the Pictures I have of the room they wanted us to stay in - Stains on the Bedspread (Yes I believe that is what kind of stains also) Dead flies smashed on the Window and on the white sheer curtains. plus other Flies all over - smelled horrible- after my refusal of the clean sheets they offered- they did give us a diff room that was better than that room (wouldn't have taken much for that to happen). however I had to request a fly swatter so I could spend the next 30 or so minutes trying to kill all the flies in the room- noticed when you shut the door their was a gap big enough for most bugs to crawl right in. wasted so much of our time trying to take care of that. had to lug our bags from back of building 2nd floor to front of bldg first floor there were no parking spaces for my car in the front until later. I slept in long pants n long sleeve shirt on my beach towel I brought for the pool I refused to get in. never stayed for the o so generous 20 % off breakfast- did try to get a dasani water out of the machine but it was out of order- there were bugs everywhere filthy stinky- way over priced. I spent hours yesterday trying to contact someone who might refund half of the 134.00 (with an AARP disc) however NO LUCK- I will NEVER STAY at a Worst Western again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jonathon L, front desk at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I would like to again apologize for this happening, as I had stated in our last email, the first room that you were given was not actually to be in service, the girl who checked you in was a trainee and did not know this. If I would of know that you was moving I would of been more then willing to help you move your bags to the other room. We are aware of the issue of flies and are working on it, but this being a rural area flies are a problem everywhere.
tampa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

dirty and had bugs Very unpleasant. Restaurant also dirty. I couldn't sleep because of the bugs. Bathtub was disgusting. Tiles were black in areas. I would'nt consider taking a shower in it. Rugs were dirty. Baseboards and corners haven't been dusted in a long time. Refrigerator didn't work well

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I want you to know that I am personally working on the issue of the flies, but this is a rural area , and are a problem everywhere around here. I will look into why the room that you stayed in was not up to par, if you want to contact me and discuses this I would be most appreciative of your impute on what needs to be improved.
va beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel exterior was pretty nice. The cleaning staff were the kindest I encountered. When I first checked in, the person at the front desk was kind of bland...on the verge of attitude it seemed. Not a very good first impression. We got to the room and the curtains were stained yellow. We don't smoke, but the smoking room was cheaper. It did smell of cigarettes, though I can't complain about that. There was an empty pack of cigarettes under the dresser, though. I only found it when I was checking ot make sure nothing got kicked underneath on our way out. The coffee pot spilled every time I poured a cup. The shower head and knobs were sticky, did not want to budge. The breakfast was the worst part. We did not complain, but the first day it took 25 minutes before we were waited on. We watched other tables get waited on before us who came in after us. The food was bland, almost rushed. We had to get our own things (menus, condiments, etc) which would not be a bother, it's just the fact that it took so long. Next day, same thing. The pool did not seem to get cleaned daily. It may have, but not as often as it should (at least on holiday weekends). It was a nice refreshing way to cool off though. Overall, I would stay again for the 4th of July events since we could see fireworks from the hotel and it's not incredibly expensive, nor is it dirty. But, it's definitely not a top of the line hotel so don't expect it to be that.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
I am sorry to hear about the issues with our staff and I will personally look into these matter.
Montgomery, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Older facility but very clean and very nicely decorated and updated. Staff was very willing to assist in answering the "tourist" questions and making suggestions of things to do and see in the area. Will definitely stay there again the next time in the area

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver the best customer service possible at all times.

Been to BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray? Share your experiences!