“Functional Accommodations in Luray” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Luray
Rockville
“Functional Accommodations in Luray”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Best Western in Luray is in a convenient location to visit the Shenandoah National Park as well as Luray Caverns. They are just average accommodations at a reasonable price. There is nothing really special about staying there, but it's not terrible either. The room was reasonably clean minus some mildew in the shower and the shower area is in need of renovation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Best Western Intown of luray. We do have some major renovations getting ready to take place to the rooms and bathrooms in the very near future. Hope you can come back and see all the improvements we are working on.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Look, I saw the other reviews and replies, but the price was right for a single night... Fast forward to our stay. Checked in OK, then checked the sheets. Yellow stain on our fitted sheet. No problem, I thought. Just go down to the front desk and ask for a new one. Went down, and the desk clerk said he'd go to the laundry and get one. He did. Swore it would fit a king bed and gave it to me to make the bed myself. A-yup. Sheet was too small. Went by laundry room, where the old couple working gave me a top sheet and fitted sheet. Too small, stained and torn (the sheets, not the couple). My wife went back down to the desk; clerk came up to the room to gain an understanding of bed size and returned with the right-sized sheet. This one had bigger stains than the original and was also torn! Figured the best bet was the original sheet with a hand towel over the stain. Then discovered that the room came with one (1) adult-sized bath towel. WTH? At that point I had had it with going back and forth to the desk and determined that my shower could wait until I went home the next day.
Further, the bathroom door did not close and the toilet seemed reluctant to flush.
Additionally, I've stayed in Best Westerns and other similarly-priced lodgings and these days they uniformly offer a free breakfast. This place gave me a coupon at check-in for 20%off breakfast the next morning. After dealing with the sheet absurdity, I had no inclination to spend any more money at this establishment.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I am sorry that you had this issue, and I hop that an explanation of why it happened will help. We are in the process of upgrading from standard to pillow top beds. This causes our old sheets not to fit correctly. We are waiting on the new sheets we ordered for these beds to come in still. We tried using new sheets that we had for our old beds and they would not go on at all. I am sorry that the ones you got were ripped and stained, I will look into how they got into the mix, we do not make a practice of using ripped or stained sheets. I will also look into why there was not two bath sets in the room. It is standard for a kind room to be set up for double occupancy. I would like to again apologize about all this and assure you that this is not typical.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The front desk employee was courteous and helpful. The hotel is old, but the air conditioning in our room was cool and the beds and pillows were cozy; we sleep very well. The bathroom shower was clean. There is a clean outdoor swimming pool. The hotel was safe and met our needs. We had stayed there the year before and had a terrible room, but this year was a better experience. There are not many choices in the Luray. Caution: You may find a hotel within 15 to 30 minutes of Luray, but you will not want to drive through the steep mountains to get there, especially in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I would fist like to thank you for giving us another chance. We strive to maintain and continually improve our location. I also want to agree that the mnt roads can be tricky , especially at night if your not us to them
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

sheets were stained wth yellow stains , bath towels were stained with what looked like black make up. bathroom was dirty with mold on the shower walls, furniture was stained with white rings of paint, very dusty weird smell to the room. the shower leaked non stop, the high speed internet connections barely worked in half the room had to stand in the bathroom to get a decent connection. The price paid is defiantly not worth it. I wished I would of read some of the reviews before I booked a room here. I would of spent a little bit more money and went across the street

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jonathon L, Front Desk at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to assure you that we are aware of the issues and are working on resolving them. We have some major renovations planned to start in the near future. We are going to completely re-due our bathrooms, getting all new sheets, towels, and bedspreads. I will look into what can be done to improve the internet reception in our rooms. I just want you to know we are working on it, and I am sorry you stay came while we are still in our preparation stage,.
Mount Holly, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I Booked 2 Rooms. None of us smoke and we received 2 smoking rooms that reeked. We had to open the doors to both rooms and turn on the air to try and air the rooms out, We weren't aware of the [pool and were not told about it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to assure you this is not typical of our establishment. We are sorry that our pool is not yet open, we are still getting it ready for the summer season, that is why we did not mention it to you on your arrival. I will look into why your reservation was sent to us as a smoking room, when you requested none smoking, and want to assure you that if we would of had none smoking rooms available we would of moved you to them. Your satisfaction is important to us
Colonial Beach, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have stayed at this motel several times in the past year and it has gone down hill more each time. The rooms are dirty and the bathrooms are filthy with large patches of BLACK mold everywhere. Even when the problems are reported to Best Western--nothing has been done in the past.. Look elsewhere for better conditions and rates!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I will personally look into the issues you have mentioned . I want to assure you that we do take every complaint seriously . I will see why room and bath room were not up to your or our standard. I know you have stayed her before, but I want you to know that I am personally looking into all these issues and will resolve them to the best of my ability. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
York Haven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

After the nightmare of bad hotel, went to Best Western in Luray. This was a nice hotel. Rate was decent. I thought that rate I got on Friday would have been the same for Saturday night. Was a little surprised my bill was a good bit higher than I thought it was but overall it was a nice room. Very Clean, Fresh Towels, overall just nice! Recommend to anyone that is looking for a place to stay near Skyline Drive!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing to say with us. We are glade that we were able to give you a good experience. I hope you will be able to stay with us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray? Share your experiences!