“Dirty Room at Best Western in Luray” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Luray
Pennsylvania
“Dirty Room at Best Western in Luray”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our room had a dirty bedspread, ants crawling on the sink, a moldy ceiling in the bathroom and lots of cobwebs when we tried to find an outlet to plug in our electronic devices to re-charge. There was a lack of spare electrical outlets which was why were looking at the outlets near the floor just behind the dresser. Other Best Western's had extra outlets right on the nightstand and dresser lamps. Bathroom was extremely small. Will not stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jonathon L, Front Desk at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I know that cleanliness is a major factor when deciding were to stay. I want to reassure you that your experience is not typical. I will personally look into this issues . The management staff will discus the issues you mentioned with the bathroom and the lack of plugs. I will also make sure our front desk clerks know of your restaurant issue. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. The lady at checkout did take the maximum she could off your bill and we will not be able to give you any additional discount.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience .

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540 743 6511.

Jonathon Lawson

47104 Property
BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Overall good stay.

Good: More a motel than a hotel, but still an OK stay. Basic clean, small 15 x 20 hotel room and 5 x 5 bathroom. TV selection good. Basic working mini-fridge. Decor was basic but clean. Area quiet. The attached restaurant serves a very basic menu but warm & good -- weird that I had to pay for my breakfast at hotel front desk. Located close to a nice bicycle path.

Bad: On the Best Western website, I selected the typical "breakfast included" rate you'd find at most Best Westerns that serve hot breakfast buffets. When I arrived, front desk told me breakfast is typically never included at their hotel. I eventually found the reservation email and showed the front desk, who was receptive to give me a coupon. Cost is high for what you get at $150/night rate in high season October. Bathroom counterspace is tiny

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to reassure you that your experience is not typical. I will personally look into this issues you hade with the breakfast . The management staff will discus the issues you mentioned with the bathroom .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

ringwood hampshire uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Clean rooms and very good breakfast. The dining staff were great. They advised on local events and were just so lovely. The breakfast was nicely cooked and presented
This is ok for a passing spot. The rooms walls are paper thin so not so good bedding was clean but not luxurious. Well positioned for luray caverns and skyline drive and motorway 81.

Room Tip: Would guess that most rooms would be noisy because walls thin. Not too sure how secure the rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I want to reassure you that your experience is not typical. I will personally look into this issues you hade with the noise in your room. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Winter Haven
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

being handicapped, they had to downstairs rooms, though we did ask with our booking, and were told on arrival there was no guarantee. My husband was able to get me up the 14 or so steps, with use of the railings, but when we got 3 steps before the top all three remaining bolts that hold the railing were out of the wall. Rooms could be cleaner, bathrooms need painting, ceilings peeling

Room Tip: make sure than can accommodate a handicapped person on the lower level, and please be careful with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jonathon L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
I am sorry that it took a while to respond, i wanted to make sure that we had worked on all the issues . We have new maintenance and housekeeping staff, and have better trained our front desk on making sure that those with special needs get the rooms that they need.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Before I booked I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and admit was pretty skeptical but BW Luray was the closet hotel i could find with rooms for the weekend i needed. I am sure there may have been some Mom and Pop places but being from out of state I stay at big name hotels. I was pleasantly surprised to find that our stay was no where as bad as the recent reviews. We arrived late. All three rooms I reserved were clean with plenty of towels, pillows and blankets. NO FLIES or BUGS in Oct. 2013. For a friday night it was very quiet. The hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating; from the night clerk to the nice ladies working the breakfast at the hotels restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013
I am glad that you stay with us exceeded what you was expecting.
Luray, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is not a great hotel to enjoy the Park and Caverns at. Good location but that is all. Broken railings, room had odor, Wet towels were left in room and door was jammed shut when you were inside preventing exit. Management was very unconcerned as they have a contract with a group of workers that stay there weekly to work on the hospital renovations that accept the condition of the hotel. We have reported this to local agencies to Luray.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I waited to respond due to looking into the issues that were mentioned, and taking over this position from the former from manger, I first want to apologize for everything. since your stay we have weeded out our staff that was not preforming up to what our guest expected. We have done many renovations to improve and upgrade our facility, and wish you would be willing to give us another try, im sure you would be pleasantly surprised.
Madison, WI, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and polite. However, that's about where the good points end. We were attending a wedding and there was supposed to be a block of rooms at a special rate, but when we called, we were told there was no such rate. We found out later that other wedding guests had gotten a better rate. If you're about 6 feet or over, the shower head and the bathroom mirror are too low to be usable. The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. The hotel has an outdoor pool, but no towels are available at the pool, and the room only had two towels. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do if you'd like to use the pool and also take a shower. The alarm clock and one of the lamps were just not plugged in, and there were very few outlets to plug in phones and other devices. The hotel restaurant, advertised as "full service," was only open for breakfast. Parking was limited, so this would not be an ideal choice if you're driving a moving truck or towing a trailer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I waited to respond due to looking into the issues that were mentioned, and taking over this position from the former from manger, I first want to apologize for everything. we have changed our computer system that helps us see what groups have been made , even if there closed or canceled. we also let the guest know at checking that the is extra towel and toiletries available at the lobby when ever needed. since your stay we have weeded out our staff that was not preforming up to what our guest expected. We have done many renovations to improve and upgrade our facility, and wish you would be willing to give us another try, im sure you would be pleasantly surprised.

Been to BEST WESTERN Intown of Luray? Share your experiences!