“Relaxing get away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
You added Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
1048 Piney Hill Road, Luray, VA 22835   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Frederick, MD
“Relaxing get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2005

Hank and Wiley were gracious hosts and they have done a wonderful job with their B&B. The moment my husband and I walked in we felt very welcomed by them. They are very knowledgeable of the area and had great recommendations for restaurants and antique shops. The room we stayed in (the suite) was spacious and very romantic. The fireplace was a plus. Wish the bathroom was in the room and not in the hallway, but it was still our private bathroom so it wasn't too bad. My husband and I highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a nice retreat and a wonderful encounter with nature. Their views of the mountains and farmland are beautiful. We can't wait to come back and stay in the cottage.

• Stayed October 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2005

Our stay at Piney Hills B & B was magnificent!! From the moment we arrived at Piney Hill, we knew we were in the right place. From the greeting at the front door with Hank began a wonderful weekend of relaxation. We were given a complete tour of the main house and then the rose bud cottage. The decor is simply out of this world! The rooms are so cozy. From the beautifully kept bedrooms and upstairs suite and bathroom, to the peaceful living room, and wonderfully inviting dining room and kitchen, the house exudes such warmth! It's as if you grew up at Piney Hill and you're coming home for a visit. That's the way Hank and Wiley make you feel the minute you arrive. I don't know of two more wonderful host's. They booked all of our reservations for dinner, they had printed directions to wherever you wanted to go, and they even knew of all the events going on during the weekend that we stayed. We chose to stay in the Rosebud Cottage. It has all the amenities needed for a romantic weekend away. Our package included two very relaxing massages that were actually done right at our cottage. Whatever the occasion, this is the place to be, my sister is so excited listening to my husband and I talk about our weekend away that she is thinking about skipping a honeymoon cruise to experience the little slice of heaven at Piney Hill B & B. Even in describing the atmosphere of Piney Hill B & B, I couldn't come near to capturing it's true essence, for only in person do you truly get that feeling! This was a trip definitely worth taking!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

The four days my brothers, nephew and I spent at the Piney Hill B&B were so enjoyable, and overall it was the nicest stay I have ever had at a B&B. Wiley and Hank, the inkeepers, are so warm and helpful. Aside from the fantastic breakfasts each morning, they had delicious cookies and cakes out for us each evening, a clear and useful map of the surrounding area, concise written directions to all of the available restaurants and lots of other useful information for us. The hot tub, with its truly bucolic view of the countryside was always a welcome site after a long days biking or even laying around one rainy day. I cannot wait to have a chance to go back and stay there again.

Peter G.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

My partner and I wanted a getaway that was different from your average beach trip and wanted to escape our busy lives. We found Piney Hill through a google search and were impressed at the first look. We had no idea what to expect but it looked and sounded to be a very pleasant place to experience.

Pleasant doesn't seem to do justice for what we experienced. It was beyond pleasant. Just incredible. Wiley and Hank have a beautiful home that much effort was put into and has paid off well. There couldn't have been a more welcome and warm house to stay in. Aside from the amazing decorating inside, the breathtaking landscaping, hot tub and beautiful rooms, we were treated with great kindness and hospitality words can't express. We didn't feel like we were guests in a hotel that served you breakfast and sent you on your way.

Wiley and Hank went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed when in the house and gave great suggestions on where to explore in the area, as well as providing maps to get around easier. Each day was enjoyable knowing we'd have an amazing breakfast made and when our day was through shopping and exploring, it was nice to come back and relax an evening on the front porch admiring the view and chatting over what we did for the day.

We will definitely be return guests and spread the word to friends and family about the best place to stay.

There is a sign in the house that reads "Enter as Strangers, Leave as Friends." When you stay at Piney Hill, you leave feeling that holds true to your stay and company.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2005

It doesn't get much better than this, folks. This cozy B&B is nestled in one of the most beautiful country settings you can imagine (see photos), with spectacular views, and wonderfully comfortable rooms.

Our gracious hosts, Hank and Wiley, met us at the front door and proceeded to show us around the house, introducing us to the other guests and making us feel completely at home before we even brought in our luggage and settled into our room. The home-baked cookies that greeted us in the kitchen each evening, the beautiful gardens that surround the house, and the friendly kittens that welcomed us as they roamed around outside all helped make our stay so very enjoyable. (By the way, I'm allergic to cats, but they are not allowed into the house and therefore didn't bother me at all.) In addition, there are some fantastic, casual little restaurants just a few minutes' drive away that leave my mouth watering even as I write about them.

But for me, the two things that can make or break a stay at a B&B are the hosts, and the other guests. Hank and Wiley are so gifted in their country manner and southern hospitality that you can't help but leave feeling they've become friends you can't wait to visit again. The service was perfect, down to the pre-arrival email my partner and I received, asking if we had any specific dietary restrictions, and even asking what we like to drink with our breakfast. Brochures and directions to all of the nearby attractions have been made readily available, right in the kitchen. Better still is the fact that breakfast at the single, large dining table becomes an experience in itself, where new friends are made, and ideas for the next day's excursions are hatched. Heck, we sat at the breakfast table for nearly 90 minutes one morning because we were all enjoying the company so much!

If you have never stayed in a B&B before, you owe it to yourself to try Piney Hill. In the words of one of our fellow guests that weekend, you will feel spoiled and may never want to stay anywhere else. I could not have been more impressed with the entire experience, and have already recommended Piney Hill to friends and family.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2005

What a beautiful place for a relaxing getaway. Hank and Wiley have created the perfect retreat from the busy hustle-bustle of modern life. Their comfortable rooms with views of the rolling Virginia landscape are rivaled only by their hospitality.

From freshly-baked cookies to scrumptious breakfasts with new friends, our stay was a truly delicious treat. Better yet, the massage our wonderful innkeepers arranged for us--not to mention the jacuzzi afterwards--left us calmed and refreshed.

Finally, their recommendations for dining and local attractions were a perfect compliment to the time we spent at the house.

We've been raving about our time at Piney Hill to all our friends, and already look forward to our return to this fabulous B&B!!!

Chris & Tim

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and I have to say I loved every minute of it. We were met at the door by Hank, one of the two inn keepers, and after a warm and friendly welcome he showed us the place. I immediately asked to be adopted as I knew I would not want to leave again! While he didn't agree to that, he showed us our two room suite which I fell in love with on the spot.

The rooms were large and inviting, with all the amenities I could have wanted. I felt "at home" within minutes of arriving. The B&B is one of the finest I have ever seen, inside and out. Whether I was inside having breaskfast and chatting with Hank and Wiley (the second inn keeper); or outside on the large wrap around porch in one of the many rocking chairs, I felt I was among friends.

Hank's gift of gab and Wiley's dry wit kept me smiling and laughing. I never felt as if i was in the company of strangers, even when other guests joined us at the large breakfast table. Hank has a way of making every one want to open up and be themselves, even those suffering from terrible shyness, like myself.

And as to the breakfast... If you can find it better somewhere else, please write me and tell me where! I seriously doubt you can!

I could go on and on about the gardens, the hot tub, the hammock, the country side and the mountains so near their place, and all the other wonderful things I found here, but suffice it to say if you pass up a chance to stay here, you really are missing something memorable indeed!

We will be back, probably many times!

Thanks Hank! Thanks Wiley!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!