“another wonderful weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast
1048 Piney Hill Road, Luray, VA 22835   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“another wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

MY husband and I stayed at the Pineyhill last year in October. we had such a good time we had to come back this year. Hank and Wiley are the best. They go above and beyond to make you feel at home. The rooms are beautiful and the food is great. Already looking forward to next year.

727 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for a few days to celebrate two years together. We've both been busy and stressed, so we wanted to get "away from it all" and relax together. After finding Piney Hill on Trip Adviser and reading such wonderful reviews, I made our three-night reservation. We had a great time!
Hank and Wiley are friendly, funny, and welcoming, and the house itself is so charming and cozy. We felt relaxed and at ease during our entire stay. The hot tub was great on a chilly evening, and in the mornings, we loved sitting on the porch with the cats and taking in the spectacular views. Plus, the breakfasts were delicious! My boyfriend and I are both picky eaters, and Hank and Wiley adapted our breakfasts to avoid things we don't eat. We both loved every bite and bought the cookbook before we left. We were so full each day that we didn't even think about eating until well after 3 or 4pm. And each night we returned to homemade sweets in our room--chocolate cake, cookies, and pumpkin swirl brownies.
The surrounding area offered plenty to do--We visited Luray Caverns and Luray Zoo, but spent most of our time on Skyline Drive soaking in the wonderful scenery of fall foliage in Shenandoah National Park. Hank and Wiley offered suggestions for some short and simple hikes, checked the weather for us, and helped us plan our days. We did a lot, but never felt rushed.
As we left, we both agreed we'd love to return one day. The cozy decor, special touches, and breathtaking location make this a truly special place that really does take you "away from it all." Hank and Wiley know how to create a special experience for their guests, and I have already recommended Piney Hill to friends and family. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Walter Rogers room and loved it! There is a bit of noise when people walk in the ro...
Bogart, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My new husband and I stayed at Piney Hill in the Rosebud Cottage for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. Secluded from the main house but not so much that you felt disconnected, breakfast in a picnic basket every morning delivered to your door, amazing!!! The views.... breath taking to say the least. A hot tub to boot and our own private porches!!! They gave us awesome recommendations for local spots to get great food and they were spot on! Hank and Wiley really know how to make your experience at Piney Hill one to remember!! Their kindness and hospitality really are unmatchable!
This place is wonderful!!! Its so close to all you could want to see and do in the Shenandoah Valley , from horse back rides ,driving along Skyline drive, to the Luray caverns!! They gave us awesome recommendations for local spots to get great food and they were spot on!
We will be back in the future for sure!!!

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Piney Hill as a getaway in the Rosebud Cottage. We needed to escape from "life" and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The accommodations, the comfort, the "little things" that Wiley and Hank had done for us were more that we could ask for. Sometimes no one thinks about those small things but they can mean so much to a person and make such a difference. Who doesn't love coming back from horseback riding and finding dessert in the cottage?! At Piney Hill there is a sign that hangs and says "Enter as a stranger leave as a friend" and that is definitely the truth. Piney Hill has been a starting point of a new tradition for me. See you next time….!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I celebrated our 33rd aniversary at the Rosebud Cottage, our first visit to Piney Hill. We have visited MANY bed and breakfasts and inns throughout the years, and I have to say that the Piney Hill experience rates right at the top in every category. The setting is beautiful, the cottage well appointed, and the hosts Wiley and Hank could not be more accommodating, friendlier, or more concerned about the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. I could not recommend it more highly.; it is a wonderful experience and we look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Piney Hill for two nights, during our annual trip east. I don't know that I can express in this limited space what a lovely time we had. Hank and Wiley are delightful, engaging and sincere hosts. We felt welcome and catered too. Don't forget to stroll through the gift shop - many unique and original items available. The next time we are in Virginia, we will be staying at PINEY HILL!

Cyn J

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bellwood, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our "babymoon" at Piney Hill. I cannot say enough about this amazing little place, or the superb hosts! Hank and Wylie went out of their way to make us feel so at home. The house is a beautifully renovated farmhouse, our room was immaculate, and the food was delicious! Truly the best b&b experience that we have ever had. Hank and Wylie were absolutely born to be b&b owners! We will be back soon!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!