“Pay less for a clean and spacious Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cardinal Inn

You added The Cardinal Inn to your Saves list
The Cardinal Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1005 East Main St, Luray, VA 22835 (Formerly Best Value Inn-Luray Caverns)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Luray
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pay less for a clean and spacious Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I can't complain, We payed very little for a spacious and clean room and bathroom. It's a good old-fashioned Motel... which does not mean that it's old or run down - Not at all!

I felt comfortable when we stayed there with my parents ,who had come to visit from Germany. We stayed there because we wanted our Motel to be close to the entrance of the Shenandoah National Park.

Really, compared to the other Motels in the area, this is the most comfortable one from all. We actuall came back a second time, when my sister from Germany came to visit.

And we will go there again :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vineland, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked a room for three---When we arrived we were brought to three different rooms before they even open the doors...the third room was in the back of motel...we put our bags in and proceeded to do what we came for,when we returned to the room is was early night,we opened the door and went in found a spider in the corner and then one roach on the wall and then another near the bed...then one on the toilet seat...got our bags and went to office and told them about the roaches and they tried to give us another room and went in opened first drawer good no bugs he opened second drawer and there they were roaches ...We got a our money back and left....THE BOARD OF HEALTH NEEDS TO LOOK INTO TO THIS MOTEL...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless you like ROACHES!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Part of motel seemed to be in use as social housing during our stay in the whirlpool suite. Kids and adults all screaming until late into night. Plastic toys being dragged across gravel during the lull in hostilities. Owner may have seen this as a sound commercial decision at one stage, I guess he regrets it now. Call before you book, if the trailer people have gone it might just be worth a try, there's not a lot else close to the trail and this motel has a nicer parkland location than the rest.

Room Tip: Whirlpool suite has a private back porch overlooking well kept gardens and wildlife, only any use if...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

The only bright spot is the pleasant owner and son and the cheery exterior with its fresh coat of paint. But I would never stay here again. I should have said no after seeing the room and smelling the smell of insecticide, but it was a holiday weekend and the kids were tired. Curtains don't open or close properly, bathroom so old it's hard to tell if it's clean (I actually think it is), only 2-prong outlets, no coffeemaker (owner lent me one when I asked but it doesn't work!) Bed surprisingly decent and once I got password straightened out the wi-fi did actually work. (So there are a few more bright spots.) Really the whole place is begging for a complete renovation. Too far to walk into town and I thought the rate too high for the quality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Nice clean room with small TV, mini-fridge and microwave. Free Wi-Fi with decent speeds. Comfortable bed (clean sheets) and large bathroom with shower/bath. Not much else to say, nice small town motel with a dated 70's decor.

Booked online and checked in late during prime season (Oct 2011), and did not experience any problems. No tall grass or broken windows like other reviewers here have indicated.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hughesville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

The man checking us in was pleasant. We were looking for a place to stay that was close to the Artisan where we went for our New Year's Eve party. After researching, there were not many affordable choices with good reviews. I figured for one night, it can't be that bad. The room was small but did have a microwave and mini refrigerator. The room seemed clean except for one dead gnat I saw between the mattress and headboard. The negatives for me are the fact that the bathroom window and one of the front windows did not lock. Being we are on ground level, someone could easily open the window, remove the screen and come inside while we are sleeping. My husband had a pair of pliers and was able to fix the front window, however, the bathroom window was damaged beyond repair. I opened the door to the connecting room, I was unable to lock this door. There were two doors, I did not try the second door because I heard the t.v. on in the adjoining room and did not want to scare the person in there by trying to open their door. I have no idea if the door was locked or not, unsettling. My husband packed a small flashlight for me in case I had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I did not need the flashlight because of the large amount of light that shown in the room over the curtains, there was no way to turn this off which made it very hard to sleep for me. The bed was very hard and made a lot of noise when you tossed and turned but the pillow was comfortable. I am not sure if I would stay here again, I think it might be worth paying a few extra bucks for a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I only stayed here because I was tired and couldn't be bothered looking. It is way too expensive for what you get. But it is clean so no dramas there. The drain in the shower was clogged up however, so that made showering somewhat disgusting. Only stay here if you have to.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask to check out the room first if possible and check that it is all in goo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Cardinal Inn? Share your experiences!