“Accommodations are fine; restaurant awful” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: This is a restaurant inside the National Park
Lake Luzerne, NY
“Accommodations are fine; restaurant awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Dinner at Skyland's restaurant went like this: I ordered a dish. When nothing appeared after a half an hour, my server went to check. The kitchen never told her that they had run out of what I ordered. Then, my next order resulted in the wrong dish being served, after another 40 minutes.
I am here two days after they opened for the season. They are already out of several dinner choices, three of the five draft beers, and limes.
The place is horribly managed. The food is barely ok. The ONLY reason to eat here is that there is no other place within 15 miles.
The accommodations are fine; Park Service simple.

70% Recommend
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Basic cuisine with a twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We enjoyed all our meals, but not all our servers. Most of them were very good, but there was one server who we were told was not going to be invited back for the next season. If you like your server it may be worth the time you will wait to request to be seated in their section

Visited October 2012
Myersville
“Another take”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Just about the same menu as the Big Meadow Lodge-good food, special twists on favorites. Tour of Addie Pollock's house is very interesting. Neat little coffee and gift shop as well a souvenier shop with the usual tees and sweatshirts-very useful when the weather turned chilly at night.

Visited September 2012
Auburn, Maine
“I LOVE this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The views, the folks, the grounds, the whole place (well, the food wasn't great:( but the rest of my visit here was great. Nice enough that I have stayed here twice since my first visit and may stay there again this August on a return trip to the area.

Wake up, and look down the valley, as far as the eyes can see.

Very clean, well laid-out facility, with horse rides available if you so choose.

Nice restaurant / store and cabins.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta
“Beautiful views and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent the day meandering the 105 miles of Skyline Dr. and stopped midway for lunch in the Skyland Lodge. The menu offered great choices and we were both pleased. My turkey pot pie was really good and the portion was not too big and my husband loved the fried chicken. The service was good although we came in right before the end of the lunch hour and the server was also busy trying to clean his area and get ready to leave. We were there on a cold day and seated by the windows to take advantage of the view. Although there was a heater next to us, they have single paned windows and we definitely felt the cold air coming in.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Skyland Lodge? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Skyland Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.