“Save your money for something else!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Save your money for something else!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

First thing when we walked, it was as if everyone knew we werent regulars. We were starred at..very uncomfortable. We waited 20 minutes before being asked for drinks which 2 couples had sat down after us and gotten there salads before we got our drinks an additional 20 minutes for our appetizers(crab dip in bread bowl) tasted like crap. Asked for another beer, when ask which one I said bud light platinum(she could have looked at the bottle or better yet a good waitress would have known). When I recieved my beer 10 minutes had gone by and when she arrived with it, it was a regular bud light( drank it anyway and just let it go because I didn't want to go another 10 minutes to wait for another) after 45-50 minutes, our food finally came out, crab cakes tasted like crap, scallops weren't completely cooked, and the stuffed flounder was about the size of my palm and wasn't very appetizing. I won't go on anymore about the service but it definitely seems as though the "Regulars" are treated a lot differently. We paid $90.00 for our bill. I will never return to this restauraunt nor shall I recommend it to anyone. A good recommendation would be artisans grill, uncle bucks or mimslyn inn restaurant. This visit was on 2/16/13.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Woodstock, Virginia
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

10 of us gathered there again for a nice evening. All our orders came out at the same time and everything was hot. The special that night was surf and turf. I had the special, a sirloin steak that was cooked to order and tender and very tasty. The crab legs were were excellent and easy to split open. Melted butter came with it. The bread was a flat type of bread, very good. The salads were fresh and the homemade Italian dressing was excellent. The service was very good and we will all be back soon. This restaurant is an icon to the Shenandoah Valley.

“Highlight of our trip to Luray!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Luray for a romantic getaway. We both are meat and potato kinda people and love a good hearty country meal. My boyfriend loves steak as his nickname is Mr. Beef. We decided to go to Dans as it had really good reviews on one of my phone apps. I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful our evening was. We were the only patrons but it is the slow time for that area. Our food was amazing! We started with a simple appetizer of potato skins. They had to have been the best I have ever had. We decided to get the sirloin for two and let me tell ya, this could feed a family of four easy. The steak was huge! Done too perfection. The service was excellent as well. We stayed and talked to the owner and her daughter in law. Very nice people. I only wish we lived closer as this place would be our weekly night out. You MUST stop here if visiting Luray. Everything was delicious! I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“pretty good steak house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went there last Saturday and it was enjoyable. I had the 18oz porterhouse which was pretty tasty.. The baked sweet potato had nutmeg on it (which I hate) so it wasn't my favorite, wish they would have told me. The salad was good although they did not have balsamic vinegarette, the italian dressing made up for it. The roll was yummy. It turned out to be my favorite meal in Luray.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Your average steak house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The employees were very nice. There was 6 of us and some meals were very good others the portions could have been larger.

Visited October 2012

Been to Dan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dan's Steakhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.