“Just as fun as Disneyworld!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray
Adventure Add-On Package
Ranked #2 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Luray
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Georgetown, Kentucky
“Just as fun as Disneyworld!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We spent four nights in a skyline view cabin and had a great time. The cabin was clean and cool. The AC worked very well. There were a few flies, but our sons (ages 9 and 11) were on a mission to swat them! The flies did not affect our fun! The activities at this campground were abundant! All activities started on time. My boys loved playing laser tag in the woods, tie dying shirts/pillowcases,and playing crab soccer, kickball, and dodgeball. The waterslide was so much fun! Even I couldn't get enough! The two pools were refreshing. Yogi, Cindy, and Boo Boo Bear make several appearances a day and pose for pictures. My boys caught four fish rather quickly which was a highlight! We loved playing mini golf and riding the pedal boats. There was so much to do at this campground! Yes, you have to pay $17 per person for a wristband to participate in the activities, but it is definitely worth it. The camp store was very reasonable priced and the staff was so nice and helpful! We were sad to leave and are already looking forward to coming back next year!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We just returned from a 3-night stay in Cabin #57. We are not usually campers, so this was a new experience for us. I have to say we really enjoyed ourselves.

Check-in was not until 4 pm, but when we arrived early, we were given a temporary parking pass and allowed to go explore. My daughter got to do a free craft while we waited. They texted our phone to say the cabin was ready, so we checked in. The cabin was very conveniently located near Yogi's Theater, where many of the crafts, movies, story times, etc. took place.

The cabins are very cute! Ours was a "comfort cabin," so it had a small kitchenette, microwave, full-sized refrigerator with freezer, a small table with 4 chairs, a bathroom, and two bedrooms (one is actually inside the first room along with the kitchen and table). I agree with another reviewer -- bring your own bathmat for stepping out of the shower. Also, the floor looked clean, but the bottoms of our feet soon became black from walking around. I suggest bringing and wearing an old pair of socks if you don't want dirty feet all the time.

Our 5-year old child adored sleeping in the bunk bed on top. Warning to adults: the top bunk is very small. Not recommended for an adult to sleep there. Also, the mattresses are hard because they are basically resting on a sheet of plywood. Bring one of those eggshell foam bed toppers if you want.

The TV was tiny and the DVD part did not work, but we didn't care because we were there to enjoy the campground, not watch TV. We had our own picnic table on our porch as well as another picnic table on the grass. We also had a charcoal grill (bring your own charcoal, lighters, etc.) and a fire pit. The people before us had left behind some firewood, so we didn't have to buy any. We found the gift shop to be quite reasonably priced. We even found items that were cheaper than in our local grocery store at home!

Yes, there were some flies in our cabin, but this is a CAMPGROUND. We came prepared with some fly strips, which we hung immediately. A fly swatter was already in the cabin. We saw no signs of any mice or other pests. The sink and toilet were very clean, as was the kitchen. The cabin had very nice Corelle dishes for 6, nice new pots and a microwavable container, a can opener, slotted spoons, etc. They even had dish soap and a dish rag and towel. The air conditioner was loud, but adequate.

Regarding the internet connection, they have wi-fi around the campground, but the staff will not guarantee it will reach inside your cabin. We were able to get it, but it was slow. If you want a better connection, bring your laptop near the pool area (they have tables away from the water).

We had a full schedule of activities per day, including things like getting to meet Cindy bear at the pool, doing a "ping pong shoot-out," tye dying t-shirts, watching movies, sports, crafts, raising the flag each morning, etc. The pools are terrific. Yes, you have to buy a bracelet to use the water slide, which is a bit of a bummer, but it is a great water slide and worth it if you have kids. We enjoyed double scoops of ice cream at the snack shop for $3.33. They also had slurpees and other cool treats. The jumping pillow was fun. Mini golf was just so-so, as much of the landscaping was in disarray, and some of the plants were wilted or dying (it has been extremely hot the last few weeks). Peddle boats were nice. Playground was nice. Volleyball courts were nice.

My daughter truly enjoyed herself, and it was a thrill to meet Yogi, Cindy and Boo-Boo. We had fun at "candy bar bingo" and tye dying t-shirts. All in all, I feel this was a nice mini vacation and very different from anything we've ever done before. If you are not really a "camper," you can still enjoy this place from your nice, cozy cabin!

Room Tip: If you have very young kids, try for a cabin near Yogi's Theater, as many events are held there.
Yorktown, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Trip advisor has helped me a great deal with this trip. My kids (9 and 10 years old) had a wonderful time. I want to first start mentioning about the cabin. We had cabinet #51. When we first arrived and opened the door we were hit with flies. I went to the office and they brought us a bug spray and told us once we spray we need to be out of room for 20 minutes. When we returned dead flies were all over the floor...so the bug spray works. I had to remind myself that this is a camp site so expect a few bugs. Our room was small but cozy. In addition what they tell you to bring, bring a floor mat for the bathroom. The pool was nice but the other activities you need to pay additional dollars for...like the water slide and the paddle boats $17 for the weekend per person or $13 a day...did not expect the additional cost. Having the golf cart was fun but not really needed unless your cabin was a little distance from the pool. The surrounding guest with their campers were extremely friendly. Some of them let my kids roast marshmallow with their families...my kids got a kick out of that. My kids met and played with other friends....matter of fact made a few friends...that was the highlight of the trip. Reviewing trip report we decided to visit recommended restaurants...Uncle Buck and Aristian were both excellent. We even took in a movie at the Page...a family theatre which was very nice..not expensive. The weather was great. We did not eat at the local restaurant on site and we did not spend any money at the arcade. We took pictures with Yogi and Cindy, paid for the yogi pictures ($3 ea). Over we had a good time. BTW we had two issues. One had is the TV/DVD in the cabin. At least 13" so it was not loud enough or big to be able to be seen in both rooms, but we manage. Second issue, my internet service. I had a Netbook with Verizon and we did not get services in our cabin, my calls were dropping, and sometime I had to resend my txt messages while inside the cabin. I was able to get a slight internet once out the cabin but low connection. Phone/txt worked fine outside the cabin too.

Ashburn, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We got a deal through groupon for 4 adults and my niece was under 5 so she was free. The wrist bands we got included everything including the waterslide for $95, 2 night stay.
The people there were super nice and the comfort stations were very clean. We reserved a primitive camping site and I didn't find it overly crowded or uncomfortable. I found the store to be cheap and not overly expensive (Ice and Wood). I would highly recommend a visit especially for families with children or adults who want to act like kids for a few days.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Nice name and cute signs. . but the people there let their dogs poop everywhere.
Some cleaned it up (never fully) and some didn't even bother. The dogs were peeing on the common elements. I worried continuously about my kids tramping and playing in this stuff. I have been to other camp grounds that weren't nearly this bad. Best of all are the one's that don't allow dogs. This also was the most expensive I have ever stayed at. Flies were everywhere! About 5 big trash dumpsters that were overflowing might have been some of the problem also.

Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Our first cabin #11 was LOADED with flies! We thought they would have went away after a thorough cleaning but NO! They were everywhere! One flew into my daughter's mouth and one flew into my son's ear. I went to the front desk to request a different cabin in a different area and they just looked at me as if I were asking for the world. Their statement "We will have to have the exterminator take a look at that." So after paying another $122 later we moved to another cabin that was relatively free from flies. However to my surprise the morning of the last day I went to the restroom I would have another surprise, as I sat on the toilet in the wee morning time a mouse scampered along the floor in front of the sink which is located next to the toilet Aaah! I was shocked only to further find a lot of mouse droppings next to the water heater! Now after further inspection we noticed the mice had gotten into the cereal! I didn't even bother to tell them at the front desk I thought it a nice surprise for the next guest! Maybe then they will do something! BTW the mouse incident occurred in cabin 53! Beware! I would however think twice about going there again. The front desk management were terrible!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We've traveled all across Virginia, PA, and NC with our RV travel-trailer and this is our favorite campground. The view of the mountains from the campground are wonderful, and it's a very short drive to Skyline Drive. The campground has a ton of activities for children. The staff is over-the-top helpful. It's a busy campground so if you're looking for remote or private campsites, this may not be the campground for you. It can get very busy. But most sites are wooded and it's a clean and well-taken-care-of campground. It always quiets down a night and it's fun to see so many families having fun around their campfires. We will return every summer!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray? Share your experiences!