“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn of the Shenandoah

You added The Inn of the Shenandoah to your Saves list
The Inn of the Shenandoah
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   138 East Main Street, Luray, VA 22835 (Formerly The Victorian Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
UK
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This B&B is wonderful. The hosts, Larry, Ann and Gloria, went the whole 9 yards to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. The breakfasts are home cooked, a different menu everyday (and we stayed 7 days) and completely delicious, my favourite was the Eggs Benedict. The room was spacious with a very clean shower room and a snug with a sofa and TV.
We really felt like The Inn was a 'home from home' and we spent many enjoyable hours on the balcony (often with a glass wine!) and the front porch. Nothing was too much trouble including sorting out a taxi so we could attend a wedding, providing plates, cutlery etc so we could 'picnic' and lots of useful advice on places to go and things to see. When we return to Luray we will be staying here.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by the Inn Keeper Ms. Ann, she stole my heart! The tour of the house was perfect she showed everything that was open to use and explained the need to knows, places to eat and things to do all by the time she concluded the tour.

She left herself asscessible for questions and needs if needed and was the perfect host. Being my first time in a B&B I was not sure of what to expect.

What you can expect from this place is like being at home surrounded by friends with none of the hostess responsibility. No one was a stranger for longer then 2 seconds Ms. Ann seen to that; everyone in this town was so nice and easy to talk to. Other visitors were so nice and a joy to hold conversations with over breakfast.

The food was amazing my favorite two things were the waffles and the biscuits! I was so sad to have only stayed for two days because each day was a new breakfast!

The room was magnificent!!! The jetted tub was fab and the rooms were homey and easy to get comfortable in. The house all throughout was spotless the beds comfortable bathrooms cleaned well stocked. In our room I believe was the willow had a sitting area for TV with a mini electric fire place that produced heat if you wanted or just something to look at or both. I hate the TV being on while I sleep so that separation was perfect for me.

I went with a friend and I cannot wait to experience this with my love on a kid free visit.

You won't know unless you go how great this staff is everyone from the kitchen to those who tidy up. I never thought I would make friends on a vacation but I will miss them all until I see them again!

110% recommended. I can't wait to go back to my second home!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in April 2015. It was exactly what we needed! The staff was so nice and welcoming. Ann and Larry were there to greet us and made us feel so welcomed. The breakfast each day was amazing and well needed for a day of hiking and such in the beautiful Shenandoah. I would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

Ann and Gloria were awesome. They were extremely accomodating, going above and beyond what you would expect. Because we booked our room for the beginning of the week and it was during the off-season, no one else was staying at the B&B and we were upgraded to their best room. The rooms are all extremely comfortable, have private, coded access to a private balcony and the two-person Jacuzzi was perfect for a romantic getaway. The Inn is right on Main Street, within walking distance of all of the shops in downtown Luray and a short drive from the Caverns and several restaurants.
We loved our stay and definitely plan on making a return trip.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I stayed at the Inn during the last week of January 2015 to attend a retirement party. The Inn was immaculate, clean and very beautiful. It's situated right in the downtown area so it's within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The room itself was very large, with a big two person whirlpool bath. After a long day, it felt great to relax in the tub with a bottle of wine that was left in the room.

The best part though was the breakfast. It was simply superb and so delicious. The inn keeper and her assistant were so generous, nice and were always very accommodating. If I ever find myself back in Luray, VA I will be sure to stay here again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I need a base for couple of days away alone to read and hike. The Inn of the Shenandoah was just the place. I had a wonderful with lots of privacy and a little cheerful company from Ann and Gloria so I didn't feel too isolated ! Wonderful food and a wonderful break. Thanks Ann, thanks Gloria !

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

This was our first time staying at an inn. Ann the manager was so dear to us. She made it very welln knownthat she wanted us to have a great time. We were greeted with a bottle of wine. Our room was beautiful clean, and comfortable. Her son is the chef, and our breakfast was delicious. The atmosphere was simple elegance. I would stay there again in a herarbeat. If you don't have a relaxing time there, it is not because Ann or the staff didn't try hard. They try very hard to cater to your individual needs. We had a wonderful time. Thank you Ann and everyone.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
christianruth, Manager at The Inn of the Shenandoah, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Dearest Ruth, Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to write this lovely review. We take pride in our service to our guests, and praise is always treasured. Hope to see you again soon! - Ann

Been to The Inn of the Shenandoah? Share your experiences!