“Great getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn of the Shenandoah

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
The Inn of the Shenandoah
You added The Inn of the Shenandoah to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   138 East Main Street, Luray, VA 22835 (Formerly The Victorian Inn)   |
Ranked #5 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend in April 2015. It was exactly what we needed! The staff was so nice and welcoming. Ann and Larry were there to greet us and made us feel so welcomed. The breakfast each day was amazing and well needed for a day of hiking and such in the beautiful Shenandoah. I would definitely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ann and Gloria were awesome. They were extremely accomodating, going above and beyond what you would expect. Because we booked our room for the beginning of the week and it was during the off-season, no one else was staying at the B&B and we were upgraded to their best room. The rooms are all extremely comfortable, have private, coded access to a private balcony and the two-person Jacuzzi was perfect for a romantic getaway. The Inn is right on Main Street, within walking distance of all of the shops in downtown Luray and a short drive from the Caverns and several restaurants.
We loved our stay and definitely plan on making a return trip.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

I stayed at the Inn during the last week of January 2015 to attend a retirement party. The Inn was immaculate, clean and very beautiful. It's situated right in the downtown area so it's within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The room itself was very large, with a big two person whirlpool bath. After a long day, it felt great to relax in the tub with a bottle of wine that was left in the room.

The best part though was the breakfast. It was simply superb and so delicious. The inn keeper and her assistant were so generous, nice and were always very accommodating. If I ever find myself back in Luray, VA I will be sure to stay here again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I need a base for couple of days away alone to read and hike. The Inn of the Shenandoah was just the place. I had a wonderful with lots of privacy and a little cheerful company from Ann and Gloria so I didn't feel too isolated ! Wonderful food and a wonderful break. Thanks Ann, thanks Gloria !

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

This was our first time staying at an inn. Ann the manager was so dear to us. She made it very welln knownthat she wanted us to have a great time. We were greeted with a bottle of wine. Our room was beautiful clean, and comfortable. Her son is the chef, and our breakfast was delicious. The atmosphere was simple elegance. I would stay there again in a herarbeat. If you don't have a relaxing time there, it is not because Ann or the staff didn't try hard. They try very hard to cater to your individual needs. We had a wonderful time. Thank you Ann and everyone.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
christianruth, Manager at The Inn of the Shenandoah, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Dearest Ruth, Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to write this lovely review. We take pride in our service to our guests, and praise is always treasured. Hope to see you again soon! - Ann
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

Late entry. We stayed in Oct 2014 and had a wonderful time.

This inn is 1- a great value. For less than about 150 dollars, most rooms have a patio, 2 person jacuzzi tub, included bottle of wine on arrival, queen or king sized bed ,and our room had an electric fireplace that worked as a heater which was wonderful in the winter after hiking in the cold!

2- it has plenty of old fashioned B&B charm. We were personally welcomed by the innkeeper even though we arrived late at ~8pm, and she even upgraded us to the best room they have, the Orchid Suite!

3- breakfast is of course delicious :)

4- location is right on the main strip of Luray, very convenient

I highly recommend. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Orchid Suite is the best and has a semi-private patio. Most if not all rooms have jacuzzis. 2 rooms...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hoboken
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015 via mobile

I am a B&B hopper; hence my calling this inn "commercialized," is a validity based on my experience from my visit to dozens of bed and breakfasts in the last twenty years of my travels. This B&B has lost the warm touch of the innkeeper that truly loves and appreciates thy home and guests that come to enjoy it with her.
The room though was spectacular and extremely clean.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear TrueAdMelinda, Thank you for your kind comments about your room and the cleanliness of our Inn. I take immense pride in the service and value I provide to all my guests, and I am sincerely puzzled and disappointed our efforts did not meet your expectations. I had invited you to socialize and hoped to spend some time with you that evening, but I understand that because you arrived so late at night, you were probably very tired and wanted to enjoy your amenities so I didn’t press the issue after the first invitation. I made sure to accommodate all your requests the next morning at breakfast, and allowed you to stay three hours past check out time without disturbance or additional cost, despite the cost to myself to keep staff on hand for any of your needs. I doubt that a Commercial Inn would have made these allowances, however, I cannot speak for any Inn but my own, and I apologize that we didn’t get the chance to know each other better.
Ann Merrigan
Manager and Innkeeper
The Inn of the Shenandoah

Been to The Inn of the Shenandoah? Share your experiences!