“Great B&B” 5 of 5 stars

138 East Main Street, Luray, VA 22835 (Formerly The Victorian Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the Inn during the last week of January 2015 to attend a retirement party. The Inn was immaculate, clean and very beautiful. It's situated right in the downtown area so it's within walking distance of shops and restaurants. The room itself was very large, with a big two person whirlpool bath. After a long day, it felt great to relax in the tub with a bottle of wine that was left in the room.

The best part though was the breakfast. It was simply superb and so delicious. The inn keeper and her assistant were so generous, nice and were always very accommodating. If I ever find myself back in Luray, VA I will be sure to stay here again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

I need a base for couple of days away alone to read and hike. The Inn of the Shenandoah was just the place. I had a wonderful with lots of privacy and a little cheerful company from Ann and Gloria so I didn't feel too isolated ! Wonderful food and a wonderful break. Thanks Ann, thanks Gloria !

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

This was our first time staying at an inn. Ann the manager was so dear to us. She made it very welln knownthat she wanted us to have a great time. We were greeted with a bottle of wine. Our room was beautiful clean, and comfortable. Her son is the chef, and our breakfast was delicious. The atmosphere was simple elegance. I would stay there again in a herarbeat. If you don't have a relaxing time there, it is not because Ann or the staff didn't try hard. They try very hard to cater to your individual needs. We had a wonderful time. Thank you Ann and everyone.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
christianruth, Manager at The Inn of the Shenandoah, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Dearest Ruth, Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to write this lovely review. We take pride in our service to our guests, and praise is always treasured. Hope to see you again soon! - Ann
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

Late entry. We stayed in Oct 2014 and had a wonderful time.

This inn is 1- a great value. For less than about 150 dollars, most rooms have a patio, 2 person jacuzzi tub, included bottle of wine on arrival, queen or king sized bed ,and our room had an electric fireplace that worked as a heater which was wonderful in the winter after hiking in the cold!

2- it has plenty of old fashioned B&B charm. We were personally welcomed by the innkeeper even though we arrived late at ~8pm, and she even upgraded us to the best room they have, the Orchid Suite!

3- breakfast is of course delicious :)

4- location is right on the main strip of Luray, very convenient

I highly recommend. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Orchid Suite is the best and has a semi-private patio. Most if not all rooms have jacuzzis. 2 rooms...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hoboken
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015 via mobile

I am a B&B hopper; hence my calling this inn "commercialized," is a validity based on my experience from my visit to dozens of bed and breakfasts in the last twenty years of my travels. This B&B has lost the warm touch of the innkeeper that truly loves and appreciates thy home and guests that come to enjoy it with her.
The room though was spectacular and extremely clean.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear TrueAdMelinda, Thank you for your kind comments about your room and the cleanliness of our Inn. I take immense pride in the service and value I provide to all my guests, and I am sincerely puzzled and disappointed our efforts did not meet your expectations. I had invited you to socialize and hoped to spend some time with you that evening, but I understand that because you arrived so late at night, you were probably very tired and wanted to enjoy your amenities so I didn’t press the issue after the first invitation. I made sure to accommodate all your requests the next morning at breakfast, and allowed you to stay three hours past check out time without disturbance or additional cost, despite the cost to myself to keep staff on hand for any of your needs. I doubt that a Commercial Inn would have made these allowances, however, I cannot speak for any Inn but my own, and I apologize that we didn’t get the chance to know each other better.
Ann Merrigan
Manager and Innkeeper
The Inn of the Shenandoah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

I was looking for a quick getaway to celebrate endings and new beginnings. As a solo traveler, I just wasn't sure what I'd get. Luckily, I stumbled upon this lovely B & B, and my stay was as amazing as I had hoped. Ann, the Innkeeper, is such a gracious host with a wealth of information about the area, where to go and what to do. Unfortunately, I had tire problems while traveling to the area, and Ann knew whom to call and where to take me to get everything resolved quickly (I was able to keep my appointment with friends I was meeting), and at minimal cost. I also had such a great time sitting in the evenings sharing wine and laughs with Ann.

Each breakfast was amazing, and Ann and her assistants (Gloria and Donna) took such care to make sure that I had enough to eat. I also appreciated their willingness to tailor the menu if necessary.

I've already personally recommended this place to several of my friends, and I do hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be perfect.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

I definitely recommend this bed and breakfast. I stayed with my girlfriend on our 5th anniversary and it took us by surprise how luxurious everything was for what we paid. We stayed in the Autumn room and loved it. The jet tub was phenomenal and my feet miss it already. The room was beautiful and my girlfriend and I giggled like school girls over how rich it made us feel. Ann the innkeeper and staff were all very friendly and wonderfully attentive to our needs. They went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Breakfast was spectacular. I will be dreaming about those waffles until the next time I visit. I am never staying in a hotel again! Come here and they will treat you like royalty.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn of the Shenandoah? Share your experiences!