“A lovely experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Springfield, Virginia
“A lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first time staying at an inn. Ann the manager was so dear to us. She made it very welln knownthat she wanted us to have a great time. We were greeted with a bottle of wine. Our room was beautiful clean, and comfortable. Her son is the chef, and our breakfast was delicious. The atmosphere was simple elegance. I would stay there again in a herarbeat. If you don't have a relaxing time there, it is not because Ann or the staff didn't try hard. They try very hard to cater to your individual needs. We had a wonderful time. Thank you Ann and everyone.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Late entry. We stayed in Oct 2014 and had a wonderful time.

This inn is 1- a great value. For less than about 150 dollars, most rooms have a patio, 2 person jacuzzi tub, included bottle of wine on arrival, queen or king sized bed ,and our room had an electric fireplace that worked as a heater which was wonderful in the winter after hiking in the cold!

2- it has plenty of old fashioned B&B charm. We were personally welcomed by the innkeeper even though we arrived late at ~8pm, and she even upgraded us to the best room they have, the Orchid Suite!

3- breakfast is of course delicious :)

4- location is right on the main strip of Luray, very convenient

I highly recommend. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Orchid Suite is the best and has a semi-private patio. Most if not all rooms have jacuzzis. 2 rooms...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hoboken
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am a B&B hopper; hence my calling this inn "commercialized," is a validity based on my experience from my visit to dozens of bed and breakfasts in the last twenty years of my travels. This B&B has lost the warm touch of the innkeeper that truly loves and appreciates thy home and guests that come to enjoy it with her.
The room though was spectacular and extremely clean.

• Stayed January 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was looking for a quick getaway to celebrate endings and new beginnings. As a solo traveler, I just wasn't sure what I'd get. Luckily, I stumbled upon this lovely B & B, and my stay was as amazing as I had hoped. Ann, the Innkeeper, is such a gracious host with a wealth of information about the area, where to go and what to do. Unfortunately, I had tire problems while traveling to the area, and Ann knew whom to call and where to take me to get everything resolved quickly (I was able to keep my appointment with friends I was meeting), and at minimal cost. I also had such a great time sitting in the evenings sharing wine and laughs with Ann.

Each breakfast was amazing, and Ann and her assistants (Gloria and Donna) took such care to make sure that I had enough to eat. I also appreciated their willingness to tailor the menu if necessary.

I've already personally recommended this place to several of my friends, and I do hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be perfect.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I definitely recommend this bed and breakfast. I stayed with my girlfriend on our 5th anniversary and it took us by surprise how luxurious everything was for what we paid. We stayed in the Autumn room and loved it. The jet tub was phenomenal and my feet miss it already. The room was beautiful and my girlfriend and I giggled like school girls over how rich it made us feel. Ann the innkeeper and staff were all very friendly and wonderfully attentive to our needs. They went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Breakfast was spectacular. I will be dreaming about those waffles until the next time I visit. I am never staying in a hotel again! Come here and they will treat you like royalty.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The accommodations at this bed and breakfast were top notch. We felt so welcomed and everything was very clean and well maintained. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was absolutely delicious. We will certainly be back! Ann was so friendly and Gloria made sure we had everything we needed as well. This was hands down the best place I've ever stayed in. If you're looking for that home-away-from-home feel this is the place!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

My husband and I visited Luray for a night and had a nice stay in the Mountainview Cottage with its own porch. Yes, it is part of a duplex -- a completely separate building from the main inn, but it was comfortable and worked just fine for us. Loved the location of the inn -- within walking distance of many restaurants and a movie theater (which is a MUST visit -- one of the coolest theaters we've ever seen). Our breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious, and the innkeeper, Ann, was very friendly and accommodating. Though the nearby trains did wake my husband up, I must confess that I slept through the whole thing. Overall, a nice stay! Would return, probably ask to stay in the main house next time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn of the Shenandoah? Share your experiences!