“Nice to see the change!” 5 of 5 stars

The Inn of the Shenandoah
138 East Main Street, Luray, VA 22835 (Formerly The Victorian Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Luray B&B and Inns
Midlothian, Virginia
“Nice to see the change!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The wife and I just spent the night while in Luray visiting family. The management has done a great job renovating since we last saw it. Still, a little work needs to be done. The downstairs sitting rooms are perfect for relaxing and the stained glass windows were a subject for discussion. It was interesting to note that the clear glass windows were original!
Rooms are spacious and comfortable. A little more lighting in our bathroom by the sink would have been helpful, but no big deal. Management was cheerful and friendly. Breakfast was very good; we really liked the sausage.
The location is ideal for exploring Luray. Walking and driving is easy. there are a number of nearby shops to drop into and visit.
We will definitely stay again when we return to visit relatives.

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from he phone call before to the day we left we where treated extremely well. Ann cared for needs, no apples or peaches for breakfast due to an allergy and to what you want to drink with breakfast. Food was excellent and more than enough. Room was very clean and well stocked. The updates where nice and she is is one of the friendliest innkeepers we have encounter over the years. Would highly recommend you try this B& B since the new innkeeper has taken over.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I were the first guests to stay at the Inn of the Shenandoah under the new management (Formerly the Victorian Inn.) Our stay was nothing less than perfect. Anne, the world renowned inn-keeper went above and beyond to make us feel at home! All of the rooms in the Inn have been recently renovated and are very spacious. Each room also has its own private little balcony. Our room was fully stocked with a complimentary bottle of wine, robes and slippers, a mini fridge filled with water and soda, and a plate of candies and chips. Anne's breakfasts were to DIE for. Seriously amazing, and made with the freshest ingredients. Every morning started with bottomless cups of coffee on the beautiful front porch. Anne was extremely knowledgeable of the area and provided us with great recommendations on places to eat and visit. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here. We will definitely be back!! Thank you so much Queen Anne!!!

Room Tip: All three rooms are located on the second floor of the house and have a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Anyone reading these reviews should note that the Inn recently came under new management. Ann Merrigan, the new innkeeper, is lovely, and it's worth staying there just to talk to her (she's very warm and funny and has done lots of interesting things!) and enjoy her excellent homemade breakfast (all fresh ingredients-- homemade waffles with peaches, cream, and syrup; sausages; lots of fruit). She was around to welcome us and to see us off when we left, and we received a complimentary bottle of wine, a fridge full of complimentary waters and sodas, and a basketful of candy and snacks in our room. She even let us upgrade to a bigger room at no cost, since no one was using the bigger room on the night that we were there. The house is nice and the rooms are spacious, with a sitting area in addition to the actual bedroom. And Luray is a convenient place to stop if you want to enjoy Shenandoah National Park for more than one day but don't want to stay overnight in the park itself.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Needed to escape from from the demands of the 21st century life in the city. Luray was not my first choice, however a friend insisted my husband and I must try what they called a hidden treasure. I said I already live in an old house, why would I pay to stay in one? As soon as we arrived I got it. The setting is peaceful , the grounds are lovely and the innkeeper Ann comes from an era of grace and hospitality. My old house doesn't have a jacuzzi. This one does. The inn is the perfect size. You feel as if you are a guest in your great aunt's 19th c home. And that great aunt may resemble Ann who intuitively understood when we need to be alone and when we were ready tor a glass of wine and wonderful conversation about Luray's past, present and future.

Room Tip: Every room was booked when we were there. I think it won't matter which room you get, because th...
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at this B&B and it was far above more than we expected.The rooms were clean and spectacular. The breakfast was amazing more food than we were able to eat.Ann the inn keeper was caring and kind she made us feel welcomed and met any need that we may have needed.This B&B was docorated from a beauitful time era that we felt like we had a experience of a lifetime!Would highly recommend this B&B to everyone!We will be returning!The mountain views and charming town walks for us made this a wonderful anniversary!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

LOOK NO FURTHER! THIS IS THE PLACE NO OTHER B&B WILL BEAT IN LURAY!!

Dates of Stay: Tue 27 May- Fri 30 May 2014 (names: Xiomara and Ryan)

My husband and I had been searching for a place to stay in Luray for about 2 weeks before our trip to Luray, but being that we are particular about where we sleep we had a hard time deciding which place to book. Luckily, I found the Inn of the Shenandoah on this site and from the first call with the inn keeper- I was happy with my choice. I booked a room as we were driving to Luray and Anne (the Inn Keeper) was extremely helpful during the booking process. If you are debating on whether or not to book this B&B look no more! This place is amazing! From the moment my husband and I arrived at the Inn, Anne made us feel at home. Anne and her staff are very accommodating, sweet and a pleasure to be around. The house and the rooms were very clean, neat and comfortable. The breakfast Anne cooked every morning was a mouth watering dream! The food portions were huge; we never left breakfast hungry. My husband and I fell in love with Anne’s waffles- delicious! Anne also cooked our breakfast to avoid allergies and anything we did not eat, so needless to say- she is very accommodating. Anne is also open to suggestions to improve your stay and the stay of others. I was told by Anne that she just took over the place as the Inn Keeper and that the place has a new look as well. My husband and I will return again! My husband and I were spoiled rotten with all the food, comfort and great company of the staff. Thank you.

Room Tip: The Autumn room is amazing but next time we will stay in the Orchid room (the biggest and nicest roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn of the Shenandoah? Share your experiences!