“Romantic dinner during a snowstorm” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Romantic dinner during a snowstorm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Loved setting in a historic building. Food is good. Service was a little slow, but everyone was very personable.

Visited March 2014

Luray, Virginia
“VeryGoodFoodSvcSlo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Deserts can be exciting choices. Generally if in a rush inform them & they'll accommodate. Enjoy the old time ice cream parlor & image the waitress with there flowers and in white dresses. CUTE! The guy at the counter as I did jerk those vanilla or egg crème soda pops, or root beer floats, milk shakes, malted, sundaes & banana splits. Yes could offer a few of these on occasions. ( when it gets warmer or on special days or weeks. Thanks for allowing me to take you down memory lane in those oldie but goodie days from downtown Luray. Hooray!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smyrna, Delaware
“This place will be out of business in a year”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food was horrible....STICK TO SANDWICHES. My husband and I ordered a salad and the trout which was the special of the night. The vegetables (which were also the 'special') for his trout were canned green beans. Absolutely disgusting - I have had better cafeteria food..when I was in high school...before it was regulated and recognized as a problem. The potatoes had been cooked at least two days prior and probably sat in a fridge. The trout was acceptable - but dry, not good, and certainly not worth $20. My salad was acceptable but no further then that. As an appetizer we had the shrimp with chili sauce. Also - disgusting, barely palatable. I only ate it so my husband wouldn't be upset about how much of a let down this place was. I will not be back!
The one upside here and the only reason I gave it two stars instead of one was, the atmosphere was good and the beer prices were good. Blech.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
agrill2012, Guest Relations Manager at Artisan's Grill, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Artisans Grill has been in business for almost 10 years, and we have many pleased customers who dine here regularly. When you do as much business as we do, you're bound to make a mistake occasionally. If we know about it, we make sure we fix it. If they were so unhappy, we wish the reviewers would have said something to their server. We think this review is very unfair.

We make everything from scratch here, and the green beans were bought fresh and cooked country style. That was suggested by the owner. We use local produce as much as we are able in season, to support the local farmers, as well as naturally raised beef and chicken--Our burgers were voted Best Burger in Virginia recently. All of our deli salads, soups and buffalo chili are made fresh daily. We cook all our own deli meats, and some wonderfully inventive desserts.

We really regret the unhappy experience you had here, and hope that someday you will give us a chance to change your mind.
Greenbackville, Virginia
“Waited a while to be waited on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

While in town for a long weekend the hubby and I ate lunch here. We were seated upstairs by a window, which was nice. There was a second couple upstairs and the down stairs had a few tables full as well. We waited well over 10 minuets for anyone to even get our drink order, mind you the other table was being helped. After the waitress took our drink order (and food order cause we had time to pick what we wanted) she preceded to start talking to a co-worker about how she wan't told we were upstairs. It wouldn't have been a big deal but she keep talking poorly about whoever seated us. It was kinda awkward, we could hear everything she was saying and she wan't happy. That was a given.

The food was fine. Nothing outstanding. The fries were pretty good. The plus side is you get a lot of food for the amount you pay. I think I would give this place a second chance but it wouldn't be my first pick while in Luray.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Great Taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stopped in for lunch Saturday and I greatly enjoyed the cheeseburger and sweet potato fries. The fries were some of the best I have ever eaten and the burger was very juicy with lots if flavor. Really enjoyed the atmosphere on the cold rainy day. Very inviting and had a feel of many of the cafes we have visited in several big cities.

Been to Artisan's Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Artisan's Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.