“Going again tomorrow!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Canyons, Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The largest cave in the Eastern U.S. where visitors can see such bizarre formations like the "Throne Room", "Giant's Hall", and "Fried Eggs".
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Culpeper, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Going again tomorrow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family visits Luray about once a year. We pick the hottest day in the summer to travel over the mountain to enjoy the natural cool of the cave. My young kids really enjoy seeing all of the rock formations. I am taking my fourth grade class there on a field trip...tomorrow!

Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dover, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
“It was a nice attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I went as a child, and of course it hasn't changed much. The guide was knowledgeable and humorous. The lighting was pretty. It is a little steep in places, and a bit of a hike for older people. It's very large and impressive. I believe it's one of the largest around. Nice gift shop and restrooms. Other attractions on the same property to explore.

Visited September 2012
FORT LAUDERDALE
21 attraction reviews
“As spectacular as I remember as a kid...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Luray Caverns is an attraction close to the Skyline Drive in Virginia that is not to be missed. A nice hour-long guided tour meanders through beautifully kept caverns. I wondered if I would be as impressed with this place as I was a child, and no doubt about it, it remains as amazing to me today as it did 40 years ago. A truly maginificent gift of nature...

Visited November 2012
Somers, CT
8 attraction reviews
“awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Never thought these caverns would be as amazing as they are---figured it was more of a touristy type thing so I avoided it. Fortunately I finally visited. Kind of a once in a lifetime experience. A little expensive--not sure who gets the profits--but worth it. However, ALL of the attractions in this area throw in other things you pay for whether you want to see them or not, a maze or museum or something else totally unnecessary. If not for this, I would give it a 5-star review. Had a very good guide and small group, early October weekday.

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
94 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was pretty reluctant to go in with my previous experience of caves and caverns, and for the fact that they charge $24 per head to get in, but after I went in, I was amazed, surprised and was full in awe of the caverns.

This is definitely not your regular cavern and you should definitely see this.

Although most of the tourists may like the piano working with the formations in the caverns, my favorite was the still water.

The still water in the cavern reflects everything on top to make a perfect picture. It is just awesome to see nature at its best.

We enjoyed the experience to the fullest. The one thing we did not like is the fact that we could not walk in the cavern at our own pace and had to stick with the tour guide. Probably the management could look into it.

Also, the caverns are handicap accessible and you could also get in a baby trolley, except that you will have to take it down the staircase of around 20 steps in the beginning and get it back up along the same staircase at the end. The 1.25 mile streach is completely handicap and baby trolley accessible.

Visited November 2012