“Wow- welcome to another world!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Luray
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The largest cave in the Eastern U.S. where visitors can see such bizarre formations like the "Throne Room", "Giant's Hall", and "Fried Eggs".
Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wow- welcome to another world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

My husband and I love going to Shenandoah Park and, always seeing billboard advertisements for the Luray Caverns on the way, we had always debated taking a trip over to check them out. We were hesitant about shelling out the $23 per ticket because we just didn't know if it would be worth it. But one day we decided to wander in and boy was it worth every single penny!

Luray Caverns transports you to a whole different world deep within the Earth. It was such a magical experience - it's hard to describe it in words, so I've attached some of our pictures to show you- though the pictures hardly do it any justice!

Though we did go in the summer time, it was a tad cool down there, so you might want to have a light sweater handy in case you get cold. Also, keep in mind that you have to descend quite a few steps to start the journey into the caves.

We loved this experience so much that we look forward to bringing others with us to experience the magic!

Visited September 2010

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Wichita, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dissappointed- bats would not want to live here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I took the tour of Luray Caverns on 5-6-11 The caverns were warm from all the lights being on. The paved walk way made it too commercial. It appears that the tour part of the caverns is dying. There were two school trips there when I made my visit which made it difficult to walk in the store. The Grand Caverns are the caverns to see in the area.

Visited May 2011
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Beautiful caves dont miss this if your in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stopped by Luray caves and had a wonderful tour. We've been to only about 5 caves in PA and out in Colorado and this was in the top 2. The paths are wide and bricked and the formations are some of the best. You are led by a guide but the tour also uses self guided headsets with information. Theres even a organ the uses the stalactites as it pipes. There is a section called dream lake that gives off a reflection of the ceiling that looks like its underwater. If your in the area I recommend you visit Luray. Theres even a car museum and garden maze that's included in the ticket.

Luray, Virginia
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I actually live in Luray and am moving in a few weeks and figured I would visit the caverns before moving since I had not gone and by the end of the tour I honestly wanted to ask for a refund. Luray Caverns is not worth no $23 for adults, maybe $10 at most. We had more fun in the maze and the museum then the caverns, after about 10 minutes in the caverns it got boring.

Another thing I disliked was there gift shop, they did not have a large variety of items that said Luray Caverns on it and the stuff they did have had the same pictures. I spent like 30 minutes trying to figure out what to get because everything they had with Luray Caverns on it just was not really that neat looking, I finally got tired and just grabbed a little snowglobe

I will defiantly not be going back nor will I recommend this place to anyone

Castro Valley, California
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“Fabulous, Beautiful, Something you will remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My husband, daughter and I enjoy touring caverns, and this one is just fabulous. It almost defies descriptions. The "rooms" are huge and you are definately up close and personal. The "lake" is spectacular.
The tour itself is an audio tour that is very easy to follow. There is one audio for adults and one for children. Our 8 year od daughter loved her tour. You can take as much time as you want, and you will want to spend time looking at this cavern and the natural wonders wtihin it.