“Breakfast has limitations!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Three Rivers Bed and Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Three Rivers Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Three Rivers Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
42490 Kaweah River Drive, Three Rivers, CA 93271   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
California
“Breakfast has limitations!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The rooms were large, and the bathrooms were spacious enough. The hosts did share good info about the area. We found the hosts a bit strange. After being asked what time we wanted breakfast, we suggested 8am. At 4:15am I,could smell the coffee brewing and hear someone moving about. We came out at 8:05am and Leah sternly announced she was just about to come knock on the door! We had pre ordered as is required, but I asked for some toast (I wanted something fresh) in addition to my order. No, can't do that. I asked if she was out of bread or what? She claimed she has everything all sectioned out in the freezer, and takes it out as needed, and the bread was for French toast! I was really taken aback! I was served some warmed up item from the freezer, quiche I think. The fruit cobbler was awful, fruit floating in liquid. The second day I really wanted something FRESH, so I requested scrambled eggs ( no TOAST). The other couple there asked for toast and received the same response. This time Peter was serving us. The eggs never had time to 'set', he scrambled them to look like cottage cheese curds! I again smelled coffee at 4:15am, I wanted something fresh, so I had ( oh no) changed my order to hot chocolate......Peter said no, he was not prepared to serve hot chocolate and did not have enough time! There were four guests TOTAL. I have a certain level of expectations when eating breakfast AT a B&B and the breakfast part did not meet my expectations at all. I have been to MANY B&B's around the world, so I can compare to many. I hope things have changed and they have become more accommodating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

My wife and I recently visited Sequoia NP for a weekend get-away. We thoroughly enjoy camping; however this trip we chose to find a B&B.

Three Rivers B&B: This place was an excellent choice. The room was spacious and very clean. Complimentary wine and chocolates were a nice touch. The hot clean showers felt awesome after long day of hiking in the Sequoia Park. The bed was a much firmer than we were use to, but the room was very comfortable. The breakfast exceeded my expectations. It’s obvious that detail is closely paid attention to when breakfast is being prepared and served. The fresh fruit served every morning was incredible with a great assortment and display.

The hostesses: Leah and Peter were a plethora of good knowledgeable information and had answers for most questions that arose. Immediately after reserving the room, Leah emailed a lengthy email about the B&B and the local area. At first, the email was overwhelming but after printing it, taking a pen and highlighter to it, we found it very helpful. If you have any questions, they will have a good answer.

Three Rivers: It s a smaller community that rolls up the carpet early. My wife looked forward to shopping and visiting the little shops in the area. The business hours of these little shops were not conducive to all day SNP visitors. We were up and gone before most shops opened and returned after the shops had closed. Very limited choices with restaurant selections; however Leah and Peter were very helpful in locating good food at night.

Sequoia National Park: Three Rivers B&B was located about 10-15 minutes from the entrance of the park. After entering, the most favorite park attractions are at the very least another 30-45 minute slow and windy mountainous drive. There is plenty of room to get away from others if you enjoy solitude and serenity.

Three Rivers B&B made our trip a very relaxing experience. Leah and Peter made it feel like staying with friends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

This is a lovely B&B with huge rooms and a wonderful breakfast made to order served each morning. The host is very very helpful; suggesting lots of things to do and places to eat.

• Stayed June 2011
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

There's so much to say about Three Rivers B&B, but I'll try to keep it concise!

Leah Catherine & Peter (the owners) are just wonderful. Breakfast is AMAZING. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are super-comfortable. Shared space/living rooms is full of books, games, and music. Quiet, romantic. Hot tub, pool. Hammock next to the river (which is on the grounds). Located near the entrance to Sequoia National Park where you can see the giant sequoias! There is a great hike in town too called the Case Mountain Trail. Friendly locals - artist community (check out Nadie's when you go)!

Overall, a place we would certainly return to!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
East coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

The Three Rivers B&B was great. For the one night we were there, our hosts built a [real wood] fire in our fireplace in our bedroom, and also built a fire in the play room. The free bottle of wine and chocolates were appreciated.

We used the hot tub, and enjoyed seeing all the stars (as it is dark in that area at night). There was an outdoor fireplace, too, but it wasn't used that night.

The breakfast the next morning was a feast, with tons of fruit. I even had several different fruit compotes on my french toast.

Peter and Leah were both friendly and informative. And speaking of informative, you get an 11 page Email (!) from them when you book, with tons of information and directions for things in the area (including detailed instructions on how to get to their house).

I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay area, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

The location is very good and the room is spacious. It is near the Sequoia National Park. Lodgings in the area are quite average and Three Rivers is comparably a good choice. The fresh fruit with the breakfast were fabulous.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Leah was very willing to give information about SNP and knew quite a bit. She was nice enough to change our breakfast hour to a 1/2 an hour earlier. However, she suggested that the children share a hot drink (instead of giving each one a hot drink). I agreed to it but at breakfast time when the boys wanted another hot drink because they liked it, her comment was "THE KITCHEN IS CLOSED". This had really put me off because she was the one to suggest sharing a drink because they might not like it. Then to soften her comment about the kitchen being closed, she said she "DIDN'T HAVE ANY MORE MILK TO MAKE ANOTHER ONE". What is this?! The idea of a B&B is not only resting but having BREAKFAST! Good grief! :(

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Three Rivers Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!