The hotel is very close to the entrance to Sequoia NP. I don't think there are many lodging choices outside the park. The hotel was clean, quiet and convenient. Nothing special, but nothing really to complain about either. We paid $80 for a king size room.
Note if you're visiting the park: there is construction on the Generals Highway/198 (the road that takes you through the park) that is set to continue through Fall 2007. The construction site is about 30 minutes from the Sequoia entrance, and about 1:15 from the Kings Canyon entrance. They only let traffic from the Sequoia side through on the top of the hour, and from the Kings Canyon side immediately thereafter.
A note about the town of Three Rivers: there is VERY little in that town. Only one or two small food markets, a few restaurants (the two we visited had pretty terrible food and horrible service), and that's about it. Again, I don't think there are many options if you're looking to visit Sequoia/Kings Canyon, but just keep this in mind for your visit. The parks will keep you busy during the day, but best to bring your own food and entertainment for the evening!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn